Hey Dodgers Fans

488,352 Views | 4311 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by HighlandDutch
TheSouseFamily
How long do you want to ignore this user?
txwharfrat said:

sycasey said:

chazzed said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/column-astros-punishment-dodgers-pay-062919220.html

Congratulations to the Dodgers on their Moral Victory World Championship.

The Dodgers did lose two HOME GAMES is that series - without the dugout trash can...

Is that really relevant? Cheating isn't cheating unless it results in a win? Kinda like PED use is ok as long as I still struggle to hit? Regardless, the Asterisks did win the Series.
GMP
TheSouseFamily said:

txwharfrat said:

sycasey said:

chazzed said:

The Dodgers did lose two HOME GAMES is that series - without the dugout trash can...

Is that really relevant? Cheating isn't cheating unless it results in a win? Kinda like PED use is ok as long as I still struggle to hit? Regardless, the Asterisks did win the Series.

The fact this scandal angers Dodgers fans makes it really great. God, you were so close. You could almost taste it.
TheSouseFamily
GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

txwharfrat said:

sycasey said:

chazzed said:

The fact this scandal angers Dodgers fans makes it really great. God, you were so close. You could almost taste it.

It has literally nothing to do with the Dodgers being involved. Anyone who gives a crap about integrity in sports should be appalled. If you think it's only Dodger fans angered by this, you're sadly mistaken.
GMP
TheSouseFamily said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

txwharfrat said:

sycasey said:

chazzed said:

It has literally nothing to do with the Dodgers being involved. Anyone who gives a crap about integrity in sports should be appalled. If you think it's only Dodger fans angered by this, you're sadly mistaken.

No, I'm with you. I just see the silver lining.
sycasey
GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

txwharfrat said:

sycasey said:

chazzed said:

I also suspect that as with steroid use, there were a lot of teams doing it.
Oski87
sycasey said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

txwharfrat said:

sycasey said:

chazzed said:

I also suspect that as with steroid use, there were a lot of teams doing it.
My understanding is that this sigh stealing thing is huge and prevalent on all teams. Clearly the Astro's did this effectively and via a new method. But I think most of the hand-wringing is by teams that didn't realize they could have done this and won.

Just like the PED thing with Bonds. Sure - I guess - he pumped up. Everyone else did too. And they still are. But he got busted and is not getting into the hall...even though he clearly should be. Baseball has a lot of self-righteous guys who think for the good of the game, etc. But the entire history of baseball is how to best cheat - from the very beginning. I love Pete Rose's comments on this - "oh my god - I would never do that!'.

From the perspective of a sorta baseball fan - who cares? This is no different than the host of things they have done decades.
HighlandDutch
I'm a Giants fan, but I definitely can see why LA fans are pissed about this. Heck, I'm still mad that each of the two best Cal football teams of my lifetime, 1991 and 2004, had the bad luck to exist in a year in which the conference also featured an undefeated team that went on to win or share the national championship...and, of course, each of those undefeated teams was later shown, to no one's surprise, to have been cheating.

I'm glad to see at least some of the people involved in this baseball scandal being punished.

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.