Hey Dodgers Fans

520,557 Views | 4372 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by GMP
BeggarEd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"The weight at which I report doesn't matter," he said. "Uribe is fatty. He weighs like 400 pounds, but he saves us in all games at third base. It doesn't matter: fat, skinny, dwarf, big. We all have different abilities"

Yasiel Puig ladies and gentlemen...
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BeggarEd;842448936 said:

"The weight at which I report doesn't matter," he said. "Uribe is fatty. He weighs like 400 pounds, but he saves us in all games at third base. It doesn't matter: fat, skinny, dwarf, big. We all have different abilities"

Yasiel Puig ladies and gentlemen...

Como se dice "knucklehead" en espanol?
2ndTrumpetBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GRRAAH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, looks like Giants are done on tax day this year...can't beat BDWs at home!
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go Giants! Suck it LA.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just going on record - 3 championships in 6 years is still pretty good.
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks;842485983 said:

Just going on record - 3 championships in 6 years is still pretty good.

Lol. I'm not giving up... although it does look bleak.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks;842485983 said:

Just going on record - 3 championships in 6 years is still pretty good.


I'm not complaining about the Giants for at least 5 years, no matter how bad some of those teams might be.
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;842486001 said:

I'm not complaining about the Giants for at least 5 years, no matter how bad some of those teams might be.


Let's think like champions and expect pennants.
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842486005 said:

Let's think like champions and expect pennants.


Let's finish the SWEEEEEP!
stanfurdbites
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LET's GO GIANTS
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beat LA!
goldenokiebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A sweep it is! Suck it LA!!!
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
goldenokiebear;842486431 said:

a sweep it is! Suck it la!!!


Sweep! SWEEEEEP!!!
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yessssssssss!
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842486434 said:

Yessssssssss!


Being a Dodger fan must really suck lately. Moreso than usual, I mean.
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
grandmastapoop;842486436 said:

Being a Dodger fan must really suck lately. Moreso than usual, I mean.


We are fortunate today to be both Giants and Cal fans. Let's enjoy it. These days are rarer than I'd prefer.
bearsandgiants
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842486446 said:

We are fortunate today to be both Giants and Cal fans. Let's enjoy it. These days are rarer than I'd prefer.


For the cal side, sure, but I'm running out of fingers for World Series rings!
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearsandgiants;842486449 said:

For the cal side, sure, but I'm running out of fingers for World Series rings!

No, you're not.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842486434 said:

Yessssssssss!


LOL. This has been the most troll-tastic Giants series in a while. Play like crap all season and then somehow sweep the 1st place Dodgers (with two walkoffs).
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;842486459 said:

LOL. This has been the most troll-tastic Giants series in a while. Play like crap all season and then somehow sweep the 1st place Dodgers (with two walkoffs).


Gotta keep the faith sycasey. Who knows that better than we Cal fans?
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842486463 said:

Gotta keep the faith sycasey. Who knows that better than we Cal fans?


And as Cal fans, our faith has been rewarded so many times.
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;842486471 said:

And as Cal fans, our faith has been rewarded so many times.

How long did it take the Giants? Our time is coming...
LethalFang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;842486459 said:

LOL. This has been the most troll-tastic Giants series in a while. Play like crap all season and then somehow sweep the 1st place Dodgers (with two walkoffs).


The opposite of being Kershaw'ed.
bearsandgiants
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842486451 said:

No, you're not.


I lost half punching the wall after oregon state in 2007.
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearsandgiants;842486497 said:

I lost half punching the wall after oregon state in 2007.


Sad story. Good thing toe rings are acceptable now.
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
grandmastapoop;842486436 said:

Being a Dodger fan must really suck lately. Moreso than usual, I mean.


As long as they are in first place, it's still OK.
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KoreAmBear;842486506 said:

As long as they are in first place, it's still OK.


No it's not. Admit it, that sucked for you. :p
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842486508 said:

No it's not. Admit it, that sucked for you. :p


It did. But it's early. And I don't have Time Warner anymore. Suck it Time Warner!

[video=youtube;T1KtFBWOg9A][/video]
93gobears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OT, but: Wow, I just realized that in last year's World Series neither team, the SF Giants nor the St. Louis Cardinals, had a black player on their roster.

A funny, but real, bit by Chris Rock on Real Sports with Bryant Gumble:
Chris Rock Is Bothered By The Lack Of Black Players In Baseball And Explains Why It Matters.
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KoreAmBear;842486509 said:

It did. But it's early. And I don't have Time Warner anymore. Suck it Time Warner!

[video=youtube;T1KtFBWOg9A][/video]

Lol. Yeah, they gotta fix that crappy situation. Cube is awesome.
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
93gobears;842486510 said:

OT, but: Wow, I just realized that in last year's World Series neither team, the SF Giants nor the St. Louis Cardinals, had a black player on their roster.

A funny, but real, bit by Chris Rock on Real Sports with Bryant Gumble:
Chris Rock Is Bothered By The Lack Of Black Players In Baseball And Explains Why It Matters.


Not much of a baseball fan, eh? The Cardinals and Giants are both in the NL and cannot, nor were they, both in the World Series last year. They met in the NLCS.

But I found Chris Rock's point there a bit misleading. The Giants have plenty of diversity and their actual World Series opponent, the Kansas City Royals, had a handful of black American players.
FiatSlug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
93gobears;842486510 said:

OT, but: Wow, I just realized that in last year's World Series neither team, the SF Giants nor the St. Louis Cardinals, had a black player on their roster.

A funny, but real, bit by Chris Rock on Real Sports with Bryant Gumble:
Chris Rock Is Bothered By The Lack Of Black Players In Baseball And Explains Why It Matters.


No, no. You've misunderstood Rock's assertion. The Giants and the Cardinal had no African-Americans. If you look at the Giants roster, it includes black players. But they were born in the Caribbean, not in the States.
FiatSlug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
93gobears;842486510 said:

OT, but: Wow, I just realized that in last year's World Series neither team, the SF Giants nor the St. Louis Cardinals, had a black player on their roster.

A funny, but real, bit by Chris Rock on Real Sports with Bryant Gumble:
Chris Rock Is Bothered By The Lack Of Black Players In Baseball And Explains Why It Matters.


However, I think that Rock has a point: why aren't there more black players in MLB? I think that Rock ignored the most obvious reasons that aren't actually as well known: baseball at the youth levels has become dominated by traveling teams. A requirement for traveling teams is money and time for the coaches (very often parents) to travel. There are very few African-American kids playing travel ball.
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At what age group are these traveling teams and how does it differ from aau, etc... ?
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.