Hey Dodgers Fans

995,557 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Big C
OneKeg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have never seen anything like what Mad Bum did tonight on so little rest. Truly amazing. And I say that as an A's fan. Congrats Giants and Giant fans! I am speechless.
LethalFang
NYCGOBEARS;842392091 said:

Bumgarner > Every other pitcher in the history of Baseball.

Bumgarner > baseball
ducky23
I don't care that they aren't contractually obligated to do it.

The Giants owe bumgarner a raise. A big one.
okaydo
LethalFang;842392098 said:

Bumgarner > baseball

Bum Garner > Jennifer Garner
hanky1
I'm bumping this thread just for the hell of it.
Unit2Sucks
That was easy. Never broke a sweat. Let's Go Giants!
NYCGOBEARS
There are Giants fans running up and down the streets of NYC. Awesome!
MinotStateBeav
okaydo;842392108 said:

Bum Garner > Jennifer Garner

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3900[/ATTACH]
Debatable
okaydo
Man, Bumgarner didn't even show emotion after winning that Chevy Colorado.
sycasey
So we'll see you all back here in 2016!
okaydo
sycasey;842392136 said:

So we'll see you all back here in 2016!

Or when Taylor Swift releases her next album...
http://wapc.mlb.com/cutfour/2014/10/27/99792924/can-the-royals-overcome-the-taylor-swift-curse-to-win-the-world-series
KoreAmBear
MadBum > John Deere tractor. He ain't human. Mad props.
heartofthebear
rathokan;842392096 said:

MB is one bad MoFo

From a dodgers fan. Congrats to the Giants fans out there. That team definitely earned it.

You're a class act.
I'll try to remember that when you guys finally put it together and get a ring.
As a Giant's fan, I can understand why the players feel this is so special. Their MVP went down in August and their 2013 #1 starter went down in July. In June, their closer got demoted to be replaced by their set-up guy who they had lost in May. They never had a solid second baseman until a rookie closed the deal and they never had a consistent left fielder. Then they win game 7 on the road after losing game 6, something rarely done in the history of game 7s. And they do it with the tying run stranded on 3rd. As Affeldt said on the Fox broadcast, the way they had to patch things together and grind each and every day is pretty extraordinary.

I don't know of any team that has won the WS after enduring all that.

They were carried by their love for each other.
That is something the current Bears have. Maybe it is a good omen.
bar20
SadbutTrue999;842391373 said:

lol things are pretty testy in here, particularly for a thread about a dying sport

Dying poster? Yes

Dying sport? 3.3 million Giant fans would disagree with you,

Here is the attendance totals for the 2014 season for each of the major league teams.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance
NYCGOBEARS
:p
GMP
Favorite thread.
dimitrig
Congrats Giants!

I like that a team from CA won. I wish said team had fans who were more gracious.

-- Angels fan
GMP
dimitrig;842392191 said:

Congrats Giants!

I like that a team from CA won. I wish said team had fans who were more gracious.

-- Angels fan

Gotta be kidding.
BearNIt
Rampaging Giant fans after a World Series. :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:
MinotStateBeav
[video=youtube;QHA8RNA1QZc][/video]
For your enjoyment...

Technology and stuff..hahhaha
chazzed
dimitrig;842392191 said:

Congrats Giants!

-- Angels fan

I'm with ya, including the part about the Halos. With apologies to the decent Giants fans here, it seems tough for some to stay humble with so much success. Even on this forum, it seems numerous Giants fans want to rub Dodgers fans' faces in it more than anything. At least the bad posters here have to suffer Cal football, so there's that. Then again, maybe that's a factor in making them act out. I've been a baseball fan first for years, but I'm just glad the season is over.
sycasey
chazzed;842392265 said:

Even on this forum, it seems numerous Giants fans want to rub Dodgers fans' faces in it more than anything.

Have you read the whole thread? It's been a back-and-forth. It's a long-time rivalry -- that's how it works.
Unit2Sucks
I think the Giants fans have been extremely gracious to the Royals and their fans. I think the civility or lack thereof for rivals is mutual. Even A's fans who aren't really rivals have gotten in on the action by way of driveby digs in this thread.
Cal Panda Bear
chazzed;842392265 said:

I'm with ya, including the part about the Halos. With apologies to the decent Giants fans here, it seems tough for some to stay humble with so much success. Even on this forum, it seems numerous Giants fans want to rub Dodgers fans' faces in it more than anything. At least the bad posters here have to suffer Cal football, so there's that. Then again, maybe that's a factor in making them act out. I've been a baseball fan first for years, but I'm just glad the season is over.

Read this thread from August 2013 to early October 2014. All we saw were posts about how the Dodgers were going to run train and win a WS. How the Giants got lucky. In fact we even saw some of this from A's fans. Now it's our turn to rub in the fact that WE ARE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS (and how MadBum and Vogey have more rings than Kershaw ;-) )

That's how rivalries work.
86Oski
Hey, I love the Giants as much as anyone here, but don't you think we should hold off on the celebrations....at least until we see how the TV ratings turned out???
82gradDLSdad
Funny...Bud Selig, "WTF, what is this Chevy guy babbling about...wait, how's my hair?" Hilarious.

MinotStateBeav;842392205 said:

[video=youtube;QHA8RNA1QZc][/video]
For your enjoyment...

Technology and stuff..hahhaha
Unit2Sucks
86Oski;842392276 said:

Hey, I love the Giants as much as anyone here, but don't you think we should hold off on the celebrations....at least until we see how the TV ratings turned out???

So so true. Let's leave it up to the ratings to decide.

Quote:

In metered market results, Fox’s broadcast of the 3-2 win by the San Francisco Giants over the Kansas City Royals got a surging 15.2/24. By far the best result of this year’s World Series, last night’s game is way, way up a stellar 70% from the 8.9/14 metered market results of Tuesday’s 8 PM – 11:30 PM Game 6. And with what looks to be the network’s best non-NFL rating in more than 3 years, Fox must be pretty happy that the last game of the third World Series win in 5-years by the Giants is steady with the World Series 2014 overnight results of the last World Series Game 7 back on October 28, 2011.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/world-series-ratings-game-7-giants-fox-1201267296/
71Bear
Who cares? All that matters...

The Giants are the World Series Champions for the third time in five years. If fans of other teams don't like it, too bad.

According to an article at SI. com that ranked the greatest achievement by a team over an extended period of time, the Giants are on the 9th greatest run in baseball history.

That is good enough for me.

Congrats to Bruce Bochy and his outstanding team...
BearNIt
71Bear;842392346 said:

Who cares? All that matters...

The Giants are the World Series Champions for the third time in five years. If fans of other teams don't like it, too bad.

According to an article at SI. com that ranked the greatest achievement by a team over an extended period of time, the Giants are on the 9th greatest run in baseball history.

That is good enough for me.

Congrats to Bruce Bochy and his outstanding team...

Hooray! We're # 9, we're #9.:cheer
YuSeeBerkeley
NYCGOBEARS;842392091 said:

Bumgarner > Every other pitcher in the history of Baseball.

Let's just wait until the drug test results come back. Going 5 shutout innings on 2 days rest...totally plausible that this was done without performance enhancers. Totally.
86Oski
YuSeeBerkeley;842392464 said:

Let's just wait until the drug test results come back. Going 5 shutout innings on 2 days rest...totally plausible that this was done without performance enhancers. Totally.

How dare you sully the reputation of Sandy Koufax with such an accusation!
Unit2Sucks

Must have been all the beers he's been shotgunning all postseason.
sycasey

okaydo
NYCGOBEARS

This is what happens when you grow up rooting for Eric Gagne.
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.