Are Husky fans the worst in the P12?

4,062 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ninetyfourbear
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Could it be argued that outside of ASU, they may be the worst (or at least on par with Oregon and SC)? I get a sense that slightly older blues may feel this way. I wonder if UDub fans under, say, 35 are differently disposed than their elders who were used to regular success under Don James. Obviously, our specific relationship to them plays a part (I doubt our feelings would be as strong as those of WSU fans).

But maybe there's something in the coffee in Seattle... I mean, other than money.

davetdds
I like this website. It is not up to date but is very funny..

http://www.huskiessuck.com/
beelzebear
Actually I'd argue the current Husky fans are a result of Don James once winning regularly and winning fairly big. UW was once the power in the Pac10 and since their decline, it's the youngens who haven't experienced the greatness and thus want it badly, or will act badly to get it. BTW, Don James was a big cheater and I think that vibe still rattles around UW.

Personally I think Oregon fans are the pits when they're winning. UW simply hasn't won in a while so it gives their fans little fuel.
B.A. Bearacus
davetdds;842378183 said:

I like this website. It is not up to date but is very funny..

http://www.huskiessuck.com/

Thank god for Portand State. And Rutgers for that matter.

Phantomfan
UW fans are in now way comparable to Oregon (by FAR the worst bang wagoners and most aggressively ignorant).

ASU beats them easily for bad behavior. SC easily beats them for arrogance.

UW is at worst 4th. More likely right in the middle of the group. So, no, UW is not the worst. Shortly after their crash in the oughts, or during their run they were in the top 3... There are stragglers who still put on a show of arrogance, but generally they are nobodies.
davetdds
B.A. Bearacus;842378205 said:

Thank god for Portand State. And Rutgers for that matter.

I posted that on another thread. I always liked that shirt
cubzwin
Phantomfan;842378208 said:

UW fans are in now way comparable to Oregon (by FAR the worst bang wagoners and most aggressively ignorant).

UW is at worst 4th. More likely right in the middle of the group. So, no, UW is not the worst. Shortly after their crash in the oughts, or during their run they were in the top 3... There are stragglers who still put on a show of arrogance, but generally they are nobodies.

Phantom, I can't argue with analysis but the ranking depends on your definition of worst. Fans that know the least about football? UA. Would say Stamfurd but they have no fans. Ugliest female fans? WSU. Those mugs nearly crashed my hard drive. Drunkest? 3 way tie. UO, ASU. UA. Most delusional? UW
BeachyBear
Phantomfan;842378208 said:

This is like arguing which poop smells the worst by sampling the odor, instead of just flushing the turd.
68great
B.A. Bearacus;842378181 said:

Could it be argued that outside of ASU, they may be the worst (or at least on par with Oregon and SC)? I get a sense that slightly older blues may feel this way. I wonder if UDub fans under, say, 35 are differently disposed than their elders who were used to regular success under Don James. Obviously, our specific relationship to them plays a part (I doubt our feelings would be as strong as those of WSU fans).

But maybe there's something in the coffee in Seattle... I mean, other than money.

1. Oregon = USC = ASU
4. UW
5. stanfurd (just annoying like that little yappy dog who barks at you as you walk by his house and his owner is around).
FrankBear21
Husky fans aren't as rude and immature as ASU fans, but they are more delusional.
FCBear
I'd say CU fans...being that it's an East Coast school..
GranadaHillsBear
UCLA fans are very delusional especially when it comes their academics.

USC fans are the most arrogant and sorest losers by far

Douchiest have to be UW, USC, or UO
Cal_Fan2
GranadaHillsBear;842378313 said:

UCLA fans are very delusional especially when it comes their academics.

Douchiest have to be UW, USC, or UO

Over the years when I read the other teams' sites, it was clear to me that USC and Oregon without a doubt were the most arrogant phucks around.....UCLA and UDub are kind of unique. As far as football knowledge, half of them are pretty smart, but the other half are so damned stupid, more so than the other schools, they couldn't spell cat if you spotted them the "K".......Zona schools are just drunk most of the time so not sure you can classify them until after rehab. Furd fans are kind of cool only in the fact that they don't really give a sh*t so they rarely are arrogant, cause they are oblivious.
Calcoholic
Based on recent history (last decade or so...)

1. Oregon - all around trashy, hostile, and blackout drunk
2. USC - douchy
3. Washington - Completely out of touch with reality - living in the 80s
4. ASU - Drunk, low IQ, meatheads
5. UCLA - Have to distinguish here between the internet fans and real-life fans. Internet fans are #1 worst. Real life fans are not-so-bad and you can bond with them over how douchy USC is. This ranking is an average.
6. WSU - For the Agu trash talk alone, plus past drunk behavior. Reminds me of ASU fans.
7. UA - See ASU fans, lite, but not quite as unintelligent.

---big gap---

8. Furd. Meh, yeah they're our rivals but they're mildly annoying at worst.
9. OSU.
10. Utah - Still in a honeymoon phase. They're still just happy to be here.
11. Colorado - See Utah but without the recent success.

Question is, if you're an average fan of another school, where do you rank Cal objectively? I'm thinking, quite honestly, in the 7-9 range. I've seen enough bad behavior from our fans, especially on other forums, that I know we're not #12. Not to mention the awful experience that many visiting fans have walking through frat row to get to/from the games...
beelzebear
^^^ 6 or 7. Cal - bi-polar smart asses supreme, up or down the smart ass never stops, minor inferiority complex masked by intelligence and smartassism
ninetyfourbear
GranadaHillsBear;842378313 said:

I remember talking to a USC student after the 1991 game (Cal won 52-30 and it wasn't even that close). He was complaining about Cal running up the score. And conveniently ignoring decades of USC running up scores.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.