Story Poster

Welcome to the new Bear Insider

August 31, 2017

Thanks to all of you for the input on the new site. We've done our best to create an exciting new mobile and web experience for Bear Insider.

While we remember your username, everyone will be required to register using a new password. Emails were sent to all of you, check your spam filters if you did not receive one. And you may need to clear your cache if your browser tries to remember your old password.

As always with change, there will be some bumps in the road. We welcome your feedback as well as your patience and support.

Not all of the new functionality of the new site is up today (example: Chat will be coming soon). SOME IMPORTANT NOTES: - Our new message boards are populated with all the posts from the old boards prior to 9am Pacific today (8/31) - Subscribers will be moved from PayPal to a Credit Card of their choice ONCE their current subscription expires (Monthly or Annual)

Give yourself some time to explore and get to know how the new site works. There are guides atop each of the message boards and you can hit the help button if you'd like to reach us. Go Bears!
Tags: Bear Insider
Discussion from...

Welcome to the new Bear Insider

12,237 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TouchedTheAxeIn82
CannonBlast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice!
ibhoagiesforlife
What about private messages? Gone?
philbert
I like the new look and features so far!
Cal89
I hope not. I had some PMs that were special... How about our past sigs, might we have access to that too?

Otherwise, really liking the look.
Sig test...
azulviejo
Looks good
ncbears
So far look is nice. I didn't see the email (buried in the inbox) but was able to use "forgot password" to log on.
m2bear
looks great !
CalBearinLA
LOOKS AMAZING. Great job!
Mama Bear
Looks nice. I'm sure there will be some "tweaks" so will wait for a bit to comment.
AlphaBear
So far, so good!
bear2034
I can't tell how the new site is an improved version of the old one at first glance. For one thing, the fonts are smaller and I had to increase the screen view size. I liked the bolder text of the old site better. Let's give this a try and see what happens.
Yogi58
oskirules said:

I can't tell how the new site is an improved version of the old one at first glance. For one thing, the fonts are smaller and I had to increase the screen view size. I liked the bolder text of the old site better. Let's give this a try and see what happens.
In your profile settings, you can set how big the fonts are (very bottom of settings).

Agree that there's some functionality in the new site that's missing.
oskidunker
Very nice site. I especially like the elimination of rarely used forums and an easier way to get to the ticket exchange
SRBear
How do you mark a forum "read"?
eddiem66
One NO vote! Change for change sake?

What was wrong with the old site???

All you kids get off my lawn :-)

A Grumpy Old Bear (I hate change - move my food dish 6 inches and I'll starve to death)

TAR THE cheaters!!!!!!!
bear2034
Can we change the logo to a block BI instead of just a B?

TouchedTheAxeIn82
Yogi Bear said:

In your profile settings, you can set how big the fonts are (very bottom of settings).

It doesn't change the size of the text in the list of threads.

The text showing who started the thread and how long ago is too small and low contrast.

Also previously the list of threads showed who made the last post in each thread. I think a lot of people will miss that.
okaydo
Hey, we can post multiple videos!!!

TouchedTheAxeIn82

Aside from embedding tweets, another new feature I always wished the previous system had was strikethrough text. This should up the snark factor. Now I'm thinking this new forum might not suck that bad will be a raging success!
smh
two things:

1. no more sub-threads within topic, right? purely chronological.

1a. which is fine, i guess, once (if) folks quote which of several replies they're trying to address.

2. i'm having trouble w/ low-contrast thread title shading showing which threads have new replies inside.

2a. ^^^ worse since, so far as i could tell, there's no "mark all threads read, per forum.

signed, determined to be King of the # of edits stat, down in the lower right corner.

muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
kaplanfx
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

Aside from embedding tweets, another new feature I always wished the previous system had was strikethrough text. This should up the snark factor. Now I'm thinking this new forum might not suck that bad will be a raging success!
Embedding tweets, Okaydo is going to **** him/herself.

-kap
okaydo

okaydo
https://instagr.am/p/BYdyWreAi3O
TouchedTheAxeIn82
Before the new site went up, the logo appeared in the browser tab, but it was so tiny I couldn't make out what it was. All I saw was an embryo. Did anyone else think that? Now that we see a bigger logo it's more obvious what it is, but I'll always see it as an embryo.

#GoBears #BeatUNC

We need the old emoticons back!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.