Have all your questions about the new site been answered?

4,868 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HungryCalBear
HighlandDutch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The mobile version shows which poster made the last post in any given thread, which is helpful. Can we get that for the regular version? The regular version doesn't show that without hovering over the length of time since last post.
Big C
heartofthebear said:

2 questions:
1) How do you respond to a post with quote.
2) How do you change your password.

I apologize in advance if these questions have been addressed.
I am very busy right now and do not have time to sort through the web posts to find those answers.
1. When responding, click on the light gray quotation marks in the lower left corner.
2. In the upper right corner, click on the silhouette of a head/neck, then go to "settings"
Calfans
Calfans said:

ddc_Cal said:

I access the site on a desktop. When there is a post with a picture or video, the text(s) expand beyond the side margins. I have to scroll back and forth to read them.

Minor annoyance, but can it be taken care of?

Thanks,
I will check with the techies.
They said to please contact support@f5sports.com and/or put your question in the Tech Talk board.
Cal-i-for-nia. (Clap, Clap)(Clap, Clap, Clap)

Calfans
Calfans said:

FuzzyWuzzy said:

This website regularly seizes up on me, while others don't. In Chrome, I wait and wait and wait and finally get a message that says something like this website is not responding, kill or wait? I choose kill and reload and it comes back up. Then 10 minutes later, the same problem.

I have the same problem in Safari but not the same error message obviously. Just the twirling beach ball.

I do not have this problem with any other website. I have a fast internet connection.
I will forward this to the techies.
They said to please contact support@f5sports.com and/or put your question in the Tech Talk board.

GoldenBearofCalifornia
Calfans said:

PHBear said:

How about arrowing over the thread title so we can see the first line of the post
I don't believe we want this, especially for posts on the Premium board
Just my $0.02, but I would definitely like to have that feature again. It allows me to screen which threads I might be interested in reading.
GMP
GoldenBearofCalifornia said:

Calfans said:

PHBear said:

How about arrowing over the thread title so we can see the first line of the post
Just my $0.02, but I would definitely like to have that feature again. It allows me to screen which threads I might be interested in reading.
And it's actually not an issue any more. Previously, when not a premium subscriber, you could enter the Premium thread list and see the titles. Now, you cannot. If you click the "Premium Forum" link, you get a subscription page but cannot see any thread titles.
GoldenBearofCalifornia
GMP said:

Calfans said:

PHBear said:

And it's actually not an issue any more. Previously, when not a premium subscriber, you could enter the Premium thread list and see the titles. Now, you cannot. If you click the "Premium Forum" link, you get a subscription page but cannot see any thread titles.
I think we are talking about different things. On the list of threads, you used to be able to put the pointer over the title of a thread and a little pop-up screen would appear that would show the first line of the post. That way you could get a sense of what the post was about without actually clicking on the post. That feature is not on this website.
GMP

GMP said:

Calfans said:

PHBear said:

I think we are talking about different things. On the list of threads, you used to be able to put the pointer over the title of a thread and a little pop-up screen would appear that would show the first line of the post. That way you could get a sense of what the post was about without actually clicking on the post. That feature is not on this website.

Right, we're talking about the same thing. Calfans expressed concern that such a feature would allow non-premium subscribers to see the first line of premium posts. However, I was saying that's not a concern because, now, non-premium subscribers cannot even see the thread list in the premium forum.
Bear19
I use FeedR & Feedly on an Andoid phone to read blogs. Bear Insider / Football Growls stopped being recognized by either after the new site became active.

Is there a way to get the new site on Feedly? Thanks.
Bear 19
GoldenBearofCalifornia
GMP said:

GMP said:

Calfans said:

PHBear said:

Right, we're talking about the same thing. Calfans expressed concern that such a feature would allow non-premium subscribers to see the first line of premium posts. However, I was saying that's not a concern because, now, non-premium subscribers cannot even see the thread list in the premium forum.
Oh, I see what you mean now. Thanks for the clarification. I certainly hope that feature can be added, especially if the concern Calfans expressed is no longer an issue.
Calfans
For those of you with technical problems,
Please contact support@f5sports.com

PtownBear1
I also really miss the preview feature where the first line of the post would appear if you hovered over the title. Please bring that back.
75bear
oski003 said:

I am not sure how to automatically go to the last post read on a topic on mobile. The old site automatically did that. Navigating on pc is okay but mobile can be tough.

I had this exact question/problem as well. Another poster in a different thread shared the solution - on Mobile, you just click on the dark gray box with the number of posts - it will take you straight to the first unread post.
ninetyfourbear
User profile used to have a link to find posts by that user but that is not available on the new site as far as I can tell.
GoBears635
RayofLight said:

So "S" is for Staff. What are the other letters I am seeing after people's names? So far I've seen "P", "R," and "L," along with a couple others I'm sure to have forgotten.
From the "Help" selection on the "More" drop down menu, it is related to the number of posts:

R = Rookie: 0-29 posts
P = Pro: 30-99 posts
V = Veteran: 100-999 posts
A = All Star: 1,000-3,999 posts
H = Hall of Famer: 4,000-7,999 posts
L = Bear Insider Legend: 8,000+ posts

RayofLight
GoBears635 said:

RayofLight said:

So "S" is for Staff. What are the other letters I am seeing after people's names? So far I've seen "P", "R," and "L," along with a couple others I'm sure to have forgotten.
From the "Help" selection on the "More" drop down menu, it is related to the number of posts:

Thank you for answering.
Spreading light and goodness,
Over all the West.
B.A. Bearacus
Calfans, can we enable the option that allows users to delete posts?

Also, for posts that are edited, maybe just show that it's been edited vs. the number of times it's been edited?
NewYorkCityBear
Is there any way to view the posts 'threaded' as on the old site. Really hard to tell what posts are responses to what in the new format.

Thanks
Yogi58
NewYorkCityBear said:

Is there any way to view the posts 'threaded' as on the old site. Really hard to tell what posts are responses to what in the new format.

Thanks
Not if people quote the post they are responding to
Yogi58
Yogi58
Or if they click on the reply icon in the lower left of the message they are responding to. You can even click on the name of the person being responded to in the upper right corner to view that person's post.
NewYorkCityBear
But they don't always do that.
NewYorkCityBear
Yogi Bear said:

Or if they click on the reply icon in the lower left of the message they are responding to. You can even click on the name of the person being responded to in the upper right corner to view that person's post.
That still means sifting through all the posts.

The old threaded format was MUCH easier to follow.

Not digging this new look/system much at all.
Yogi58
NewYorkCityBear said:

But they don't always do that.
They also didn't always used to reply to the post of the person that they were responding to, so it wouldn't have been in the right part of the thread.

Nothing that can be done about user error.
OdontoBear66
Links to opponents sites "Header"
NewYorkCityBear
Those were still a LOT easier to pick out in the old threaded view because of the post preview feature.

My point isn't about 'user error' - it's about the UI.

The new one is, imo, inferior to the old,

I get that you LOVE to argue minutiae but your comments in no way convince me that the new version is better.

They have, however, convinced me of the value of the 'ignore user' feature.
Rushinbear
Calfans said:

For those of you with technical problems,
Please contact support@f5sports.com

This is not going well. There doesn't seem to be a hover/reveal feature anywhere. The Recruiting page is not as good - not as many prospects listed, no times, no films (that I can find), no scouting reports. I support the opinions of many that the old post/comment lists were better than this new one in many ways.

It will be one thing to stick with it until we learn all the new functionality, but quite another to hang in there only to discover that the new functionality doesn't provide what the old one did (and that we liked).

It doesn't help, either, to be told to go elsewhere to get answers. Isn't that the host's job? How will the host learn it themselves, if foist questions off on other entities?
Rushinbear
Calfans said:

Please list them here.
Are you using us as Beta testers? It's one thing to ask that we report glitches. It's another to send out a skeleton functionality and only add that over which users cry the loudest and longest.
Calcoholic
I'm forgetting the name of it (Bear Play?) but is that game from the old site where you guess you scores of each week's game, from the old site, dead?
riogrrrandefan
FuzzyWuzzy said:

This website regularly seizes up on me, while others don't.
Same for me. Often when I run across an imbedded Twitter item, although my sample size is small.
riogrrrandefan
GoBears635 said:

Ok, I'm an R so I'm figuring my 200 or so posts from the previous site are not counted, not to mention the 100 or so posts from the site before that.

For those of us that are not as gabby, we need some support! I'm guessing I will be stuck on Rookie for a year or two. I may have to consider counseling, and that means big bucks.
Calfans
riogrrrandefan said:

GoBears635 said:

Ok, I'm an R so I'm figuring my 200 or so posts from the previous site are not counted, not to mention the 100 or so posts from the site before that.

For those of us that are not as gabby, we need some support! I'm guessing I will be stuck on Rookie for a year or two. I may have to consider counseling, and that means big bucks.
I checked your file at the old site and didn't see any posts. Did you change your username?

HungryCalBear
could not access PMs on mobile site. Maybe it was there but I could not find it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.