Beer garden at halftime?

1,820 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Vandalus
Arcadiabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i was at the ole miss game last week, and saw that they were advertising for a beer garden at halftime that ended at 5:00. was I going crazy? is it for esp only or for the general public?

also what does it mean that it ends at 5:00? 5:00 till end of game or end of halftime?

thanks in advance!
Vandalus
I saw a large number of people outside at Goldman Plaza during halftime in what appeared to be a "beer garden" of sorts. I'm not sure if it was private for ESP folks or not.
~Spectemur agendo~
SRBear
I think one area is for football alumni and the other area is a donor area. The donor area requires a Cal Athletic Fund card for entry and they sell beer and wine as well as some food items.
Vandalus
SRBear said:

I think one area is for football alumni and the other area is a donor area. The donor area requires a Cal Athletic Fund card for entry and they sell beer and wine as well as some food items.
So you are 100% right during pre-game. I was in the football alumni side pre-game, but it gets shut down right around kick off. Alcohol stops being served something like 5 minutes before kick and the place clears out. But at halftime, at least the alumni portion was completely full again - and I mean packed. I didn't walk back to the football alumni portion to confirm, but it seemed like they dropped the fence that separated the football from alumni, and made it one big fenced off area.
~Spectemur agendo~
BoaltBear
This should be bigger news.
ColoradoBear
BoaltBear said:

It's been around 3-4 years I think. I keep meaning to try it out, but always am meeting people in berkeley at some watering hole to pregame.
BoaltBear
ColoradoBear said:

BoaltBear said:

It's been around 3-4 years I think. I keep meaning to try it out, but always am meeting people in berkeley at some watering hole to pregame.
Oh I go to the pregame sometimes. I had no idea it was open at halftime.
50+BigGames
I go pregame as well, but like some others, had no idea it was open at half time.
ColoradoBear
BoaltBear said:

ColoradoBear said:

BoaltBear said:

gotcha. might be worth finding my CAF card to check that halftime out. I'm guessing it's slammed and slow, and since you have to drink the beer inside their roped off area, it could easily fill up.
Vandalus
ColoradoBear said:

BoaltBear said:

ColoradoBear said:

BoaltBear said:

gotcha. might be worth finding my CAF card to check that halftime out. I'm guessing it's slammed and slow, and since you have to drink the beer inside their roped off area, it could easily fill up.
From what I saw, it was PACKED at halftime.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.