Our Defense is stepping up

1,482 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 01Bear
BearGreg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
travelingbears
Wow - we got 3 players listed for week 3. If only we can start having some offense players getting mentioned as well.
FloriDreaming
The most impressive part of that stat is 2 of those 3 are Frosh-Soph. The young talent on D is really impressive.

As for the offense, it'll happen. Offenses generally take longer than defenses to gel and Cal is young on both sides of the ball.
Jeff82
The last two plays Bynum made on long sideline passes were things of beauty. Best technique I've seen by a Cal cornerback since SQT. Having a consistently effective defensive backfield would be a huge step for this team.
Big C
Interesting that Bynum was somewhat unsung coming into the year, behind veterans Allensworth and Frannklin, with true freshman Hicks getting a lot of the "newcomer publicity".

I thought Bynum also had a great game against UNC, given the fact that I had to look up his no. on the roster in the 1st quarter, then kept seeing him in on plays for the rest of the game.
01Bear
slight tangent, but is anyone else bothered by the cal logo the pac-12 chose to use? it blends in too much with the background color of the website so that it almost looks like there's nothing there...why didn't they just go with the gold cal logo?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.