Let's Pick the Pac-12 Games: Week 13

2,039 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by UrsusTexicanus
UrsusTexicanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another week, another glimpse of sparkling mediocrity as I went 3-2, bringing my season to still floundering 34-35-2. Here's the link to last week, https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/76740 and this week's "Whatever that guy is smoking down in Texas is some good stuff" guesses. As always, home team is in italics.

Furd 17 over Cal: Time for over optimistic sunshine pumping. Bear's defense takes away the Love and makes this a close game. Cal beats the spread. Oski whizzes on the tree. Furd band makes whoopie cushions sound like SF Symphony.

Spawn of Satan 7 over River Rats: Devil's Rejects motivated by bowl eligibility and cover.

Mutts 17.5 over Mormon Marauders: Butt sniffers will win, but Missionaries find a way to beat the spread.

U$C 15 over bRuins: Home field advantage means nothing here. Condoms have Rosen crying like a baby and Mora continuing his legacy of doing less with more. Toejams cover.

Rubber Duckies 2.5 vs. Mildcats: With Duck's lack of defense, Tate might run and pass for a thousand yards. In the first half. Taking the kitties to beat the spread and probably win.

Colorado and Wazoo are romping with BYE.
Yogi58
UrsusTexicanus said:

Another week, another glimpse of sparkling mediocrity as I went 2-2-1
Which game was the push?
Yogi58
UrsusTexicanus said:

Another week, another glimpse of sparkling mediocrity as I went 2-2-1, bringing my season to still floundering 33-35-3. Here's the link to last week, https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/76740 and this week's "Whatever that guy is smoking down in Texas is some good stuff" guesses. As always, home team is in italics.

Furd 17 over Cal: Time for over optimistic sunshine pumping. Bear's defense takes away the Love and makes this a close game. Cal beats the spread. Oski whizzes on the tree. Furd band makes whoopie cushions sound like SF Symphony.

Spawn of Satan 7 over River Rats: Devil's Rejects motivated by bowl eligibility and cover.

Mutts 17.5 over Mormon Marauders: Butt sniffers will win, but Missionaries find a way to beat the spread.

U$C 15 over bRuins: Home field advantage means nothing here. Condoms have Rosen crying like a baby and Mora continuing his legacy of doing less with more. Toejams cover.

Rubber Duckies NL vs. Mildcats: Status of Quacker QB up in the air. I'll update when things change.

Colorado and Wazoo are romping with BYE.
I went 3-2 last week, bringing me to 9-12-2.

Stanford -17. Don't want to make that pick, but I just don't see us slowing down Love. Hope I'm wrong.
ASU -7. Going against HFA with OSU.
Utah +17.5. That line is too high even with HFA.
USC -15. Unfortunately.
Arizona -2.5. Running game travels vs a team that can't run as well.
UrsusTexicanus
Yogi Bear said:

UrsusTexicanus said:

Another week, another glimpse of sparkling mediocrity as I went 2-2-1
Which game was the push?
Another error on my part. For some reason I had written USC as 14 points favorites on a post-it. Now you know why I never gamble for real.
chalcidbear
Last week I went 2-2 (I didn't make any picks in the UCLA/ASU game, so I'm at 31-36-3 for the season, thus I still have a decent chance of climbing back to .500.

Cal @ Stanford: I'm putting on my blue-tinted glasses, and am betting that our extra week will allow Cal to beat the spread ... although I wouldn't be surprised if this pick will cost me.

OSU @ ASU: Yes the Beavers have some fight in them ... in Corvallis. I don't see them covering a mere 7 point spread on the road, and am betting on the Sun Devils to win and cover.

Utah @ Washington: I agree with you all - the spread is just too large - Utah to cover.

UCLA @ USC: The Trojans are resurging since the Notre Dame Game, while the Bruins wins the season have been restricted to their home field. USC to win and cover.

Arizona @ Oregon: Whatever the line is, I suspect the Wildcats will cover, but I'll hold off until the numbers come out.
wifeisafurd
2-2 with no pick on the UCLA game. Not gonna have a winning record this year w/o a big comeback.

Furd
ASU
Utah
USC

Not picking UofA game w/o a line

UrsusTexicanus
Zona vs. Ducks updated. It's now a PK. Will update again if that changes.
joe amos yaks
Cal furrows the Farm and beats the spread.
Beehive Boyzs upset the Dawgs.
SunGuyzs cover the Tail flappers.
Brubabes beat the spread in a QB shootout.
'Zona covers uO as QB Tate shotguns the Quackers.

Bye covers Buffs and Wazoo . . . simultaneously.

chalcidbear
Well, I can't seem to edit my original response now that the Oregon/Arizona line came out as PK, so I'll just do it here: Wildcats will romp with Tate.
wifeisafurd
UrsusTexicanus said:

Zona vs. Ducks updated. It's now a PK. Will update again if that changes.
Okay, going with Zona.
heartofthebear
I''l take..
Cal-- 'cause 17 is a lot of points and Cal had an extra week to "get their legs back". Furd probably wins tho
ASU-- Cause OSU is banged up, including their all conference level LB.
WASH--At first I thought Utah keeps games close and then I checked and found out not recently.
USC-- Yes UCLA found something last week, but I'll take a consistent winner over a one week wonder.
Oregon--don't have to pick this but since it doesn't matter anyway I'll go with the Ducks because QB Herbert is back and yes it does make a difference.

So I went 4-0 last week, unless you include the NL game, but I'm not.
So that puts me at 39-27-3 so far this season.
UrsusTexicanus
Updating Ducks vs. Zona only because there's finally a number, Quackers by 2.5. I'm still going with Zona.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.