Maldonado Talks About Signing With Cal

MoragaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NVBear78
Wow, sounds like a great young man and a very talented player. Love the idea of him at NT. Forget about Mafi, Maldanado is our man!
oskirules
Welcome to Cal, Aaron. Go Bears!
TomBear
I have a really good feeling about what this man will accomplish at Cal. I think his story is going to be awesome, and he seems like a really good person as well.
TahoBear
He also fits the mold of Cal recruits during the Wilcox era with high marks for character and intelligence. He'll do well at Cal academically and on the football field.

tequila4kapp
This is a very nice article. Well done.

Without going too far off topic, what type of player was Mafi vs. Maldanado? Is this simply a matter of one guy being so big that he's projected to be more of an immovable object whereas the other is a more versatile technique/motor guy (I don't mean that in a negative way)?
Ncsf
tequila4kapp said:

Without going too far off topic, what type of player was Mafi vs. Maldanado? Is this simply a matter of one guy being so big that he's projected to be more of an immovable object whereas the other is a more versatile technique/motor guy (I don't mean that in a negative way)?
Very accurate. Mafi does move well for a huge man. I think he will come back fine from his injury.
Bear19
Both Aaron Maldonado & Cal are fortunate! Aaron is exactly the right combination for Cal: Smart, high character, great skills.

Welcome to Cal, Aaron!
NVBear78
I am taking Mafi's last minute defection personally; I really hope Maldonado becomes a beast at the center of our DLine for years to come!
Big C
TahoBear said:

He also fits the mold of Cal recruits during the Wilcox era with high marks for character and intelligence. He'll do well at Cal academically and on the football field.

You know this guy is going to end up with a Cal degree: It's those glasses!

(May he also end up with some all-conference honors, the Axe and a Rose Bowl!)
calgldnbear
NVBear78 said:

I am taking Mafi's last minute defection personally; I really hope Maldonado becomes a beast at the center of our DLine for years to come!

Uh oh ... Is this going to become another Richard Lee thread stalking for the next several years???
Rushinbear
Ncsf said:

tequila4kapp said:

Very accurate. Mafi does move well for a huge man. I think he will come back fine from his injury.
Well, let's put it this way: Maldonado moves very well and with some guided weight work will stop up the middle just as well as Mafi was projected to do.

A ruptured Achilles, on the other hand, is an iffy proposition. If the tendon was detached completely, it's a year, no matter what some trainer says. And, might never be the same - the stress put on it by that much weight and strength could jeopardize a recurrence.
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.