Please dontypkay Ucla at Levi's Stadium - VERIFIED UNTRUE

6,085 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MoragaBear
barabbas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I believe next years game v UCLA is scheduled for Santa Clara.This is a huge mistake and very shortsighted. We give away home field advantage and alienate all of us who love Memorial Stadium. It's no way to build a program!!!
socaliganbear
Please good god don't do this. Losing one of our top games? ***?!? Levi's is awful.

Michael Williams is just trolling us now if this is true.
Bobodeluxe
I don't give a rats ass as long as the ticket is refunded from the package.
calumnus
This would be horrible.
ayetee11
On the plus side, Chip wasn't very good at Levi.
NVBear78
The athletic department is in desperate need of dough AND we have 7 home games next year so I will support this if it happens. Not my first choice but we are in a world of hurt and have to do what we have to do.

Go Bears!!!
MoragaBear
Staff
barabbas said:

I believe next years game v UCLA is scheduled for Santa Clara.This is a huge mistake and very shortsighted. We give away home field advantage and alienate all of us who love Memorial Stadium. It's no way to build a program!!!
It's already been debunked that Cal "dontypkay" at Levi's vs. UCLA.

*Pac-12 Game; ^Joe Roth Game = UCLA game at Memorial
**at Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA = Pac-12 Championship Game

SAN FRANCISCO The Pac-12 announced the complete 2018 Cal football schedule Thursday as part of the unveiling of the conference's entire slate of contests. Cal will host seven games at California Memorial Stadium beginning with North Carolina's first visit to Berkeley on Sept. 1 and including five Pac-12 contests. All 12 of the Golden Bears' games will be played on Saturdays.

Cal will host a second non-conference home game against Idaho State (Sept. 15) in the first meeting between the schools and then have a bye week before beginning conference play at home against Oregon on Sept. 29. UCLA (Oct. 13) and Washington (Oct. 27) will be at California Memorial Stadium the following month before Cal closes the 2018 regular-season at home in the 121st Big Game against Stanford (Nov. 17) and versus Colorado (Nov. 24). Cal's homecoming contest will be announced at a later date.

Cal plays the first of five road games by travelling to BYU for the second time in school history followed by visits to Pac-12 opponents Arizona (Oct. 6), Oregon State (Oct. 20), Washington State (Nov. 3) and USC (Nov. 10).

The Pac-12 Championship Game will be played on Friday, Nov. 30 at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.

Every football game played at Pac-12 sites will be televised. A combination of the ESPN channels, ABC, FOX and FOX Sports 1 will broadcast 44 games nationally and Pac-12 Networks will offer 34 contests to a national audience. Exact broadcast schedules will be determined at a later date.

Call 1-800-GO-BEARS (extension 3 to place your 2018 season ticket deposit.

2018 Cal Football Schedule
Day, Date Opponent
Sat., Sept. 1 North Carolina
Sat., Sept. 8 at BYU
Sat., Sept. 15 Idaho State
Sat., Sept. 29 Oregon*
Sat., Oct. 6 at Arizona*
Sat., Oct. 13 UCLA*^
Sat., Oct. 20 at Oregon State*
Sat., Oct. 27 Washington*
Sat., Nov. 3 at Washington State*
Sat., Nov. 10 at USC*
Sat., Nov. 17 Stanford*
Sat., Nov. 24 Colorado*
Fri., Nov. 30 Pac-12 Championship Game**
Home Games In Bold At California Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CA; *Pac-12 Game; ^Joe Roth Game; **at Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
Oski87
Why would we do this? We have not had 7 game at home in a LONG time - 2012. What is the deal? Are we not allowed to have 7 games at Memorial?

Oops- thanks for the clarity Moraga.

It is weird that we have not had 7 home games in 6 years.
71Bear
Oski87 said:

Why would we do this? We have not had 7 game at home in a LONG time - 2012. What is the deal? Are we not allowed to have 7 games at Memorial?

Oops- thanks for the clarity Moraga.

It is weird that we have not had 7 home games in 6 years.
Since it would require three home OOC's in odd numbered years (which would be extremely unusual) to reach a 7 game home schedule, it realistically can only happen in even numbered years. A review of Cal's schedule reveals that in only two even numbered years since the schedule expanded to 12 games in 2006 has Cal not scheduled 7 home games (2014 and 2016 - years in which Cal opted to play a "home game" away from Memorial). In other words, it is not that weird.......
bear2034
Joe Roth game at Levi's? Not right. But yeah, we need the money. The last conference game against Colorado after Big Game still bugs me.
NVBear78
Moraga, I suggest you doublecheck your sources...
MoragaBear
Staff
Read the attached schedule, NVB, along with the 2nd paragraph in the press release, saying Cal will play UCLA at Memorial.
MoragaBear
Staff
Also just confirmed with Cal Athletics that the UCLA game's at Memorial.
Bobodeluxe
Fake news. Donkeyplay is illegal.
KenBurnski
I was hoping the OP was the exciting conclusion to "Please Don."
oskidunker
Moving the ucla game to Santa Clara would seem to go against what the new Chancellor is saying regarding alumni relations. Doubt it would happen but if it does then it should not be included in the season package.
Goobear
It's funny to me that some do not read through the thread before commenting on debunked claims in the thread title...
oskidunker
I read the thread and understand the game will not be moved. I still chose to comment.
AunBear89
Goobear said:

It's funny to me that some do not read through the thread before commenting on debunked claims in the thread title...
Even funnier: that so many with Cal educations fail so tragically in basic reading comprehension and research skills. Look at the number of posters who took OP as gospel truth - without finding third party verification. I guess it also requires the ability to comprehend said verification...
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
82gradDLSdad
I actually wouldn't mind games at Levi's. I like seats with arms and backs that don't cost thousands of dollars. But that's just me.
Golden One
MoragaBear said:

barabbas said:

It's already been debunked that Cal "dontypkay" at Levi's vs. UCLA.

*Pac-12 Game; ^Joe Roth Game = UCLA game at Memorial
**at Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA = Pac-12 Championship Game

SAN FRANCISCO The Pac-12 announced the complete 2018 Cal football schedule Thursday as part of the unveiling of the conference's entire slate of contests. Cal will host seven games at California Memorial Stadium beginning with North Carolina's first visit to Berkeley on Sept. 1 and including five Pac-12 contests. All 12 of the Golden Bears' games will be played on Saturdays.

Cal will host a second non-conference home game against Idaho State (Sept. 15) in the first meeting between the schools and then have a bye week before beginning conference play at home against Oregon on Sept. 29. UCLA (Oct. 13) and Washington (Oct. 27) will be at California Memorial Stadium the following month before Cal closes the 2018 regular-season at home in the 121st Big Game against Stanford (Nov. 17) and versus Colorado (Nov. 24). Cal's homecoming contest will be announced at a later date.

Cal plays the first of five road games by travelling to BYU for the second time in school history followed by visits to Pac-12 opponents Arizona (Oct. 6), Oregon State (Oct. 20), Washington State (Nov. 3) and USC (Nov. 10).

The Pac-12 Championship Game will be played on Friday, Nov. 30 at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.

Every football game played at Pac-12 sites will be televised. A combination of the ESPN channels, ABC, FOX and FOX Sports 1 will broadcast 44 games nationally and Pac-12 Networks will offer 34 contests to a national audience. Exact broadcast schedules will be determined at a later date.

Call 1-800-GO-BEARS (extension 3 to place your 2018 season ticket deposit.

2018 Cal Football Schedule
Day, Date Opponent
Sat., Sept. 1 North Carolina
Sat., Sept. 8 at BYU
Sat., Sept. 15 Idaho State
Sat., Sept. 29 Oregon*
Sat., Oct. 6 at Arizona*
Sat., Oct. 13 UCLA*^
Sat., Oct. 20 at Oregon State*
Sat., Oct. 27 Washington*
Sat., Nov. 3 at Washington State*
Sat., Nov. 10 at USC*
Sat., Nov. 17 Stanford*
Sat., Nov. 24 Colorado*
Home Games In Bold At California Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CA; *Pac-12 Game; ^Joe Roth Game; **at Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
Great news! 7 home games at Memorial and no Thursday or Friday games. Now let's see how TV screws us by scheduling Saturday night games.
Looperbear
Golden One said:

MoragaBear said:

Sat., Nov. 24 Colorado*
Great news! 7 home games at Memorial and no Thursday or Friday games. Now let's see how TV screws us by scheduling Saturday night games.
We undoubtedly are in store for the dreaded night game over Thanksgiving weekend in inclement weather.
Bobodeluxe
Looperbear said:

Golden One said:

MoragaBear said:

Sat., Nov. 24 Colorado*
We undoubtedly are in store for the dreaded night game over Thanksgiving weekend in inclement weather.

A fun time will be had by ALL.
bear2034
Looperbear said:

Golden One said:

MoragaBear said:

Sat., Nov. 24 Colorado*
Inclement weather? Bay Area, best weather in the world. I'd worry more about earthquakes. Let's be thankful all our games are on Saturdays.

Looperbear
oskirules said:

Looperbear said:

Golden One said:

MoragaBear said:

Sat., Nov. 24 Colorado*
Inclement weather? Bay Area, best weather in the world. I'd worry more about earthquakes. Let's be thankful all our games are on Saturdays.

I take it you've never been to San Diego.
AunBear89
I think we can safely assume that any home game not named "Idaho State" will be a Saturday night game on either second tier ESPN or Fox channel or on P12 Network.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Golden One
AunBear89 said:

I think we can safely assume that any home game not named "Idaho State" will be a Saturday night game on either second tier ESPN or Fox channel or on P12 Network.
I hope you're wrong, but based on past experience with scheduling, I fear you're right.
MoragaBear
Staff
Not based on last season's schedule
calgldnbear
I want to play this season in that ugly painted hellhole called Levi's stadium .... I would be completely ok with the blue clad Bears lining up to compete on the gridiron where some god forsaken color dominates the entire stands .....

As long as the game is on November 30th
Chapman_is_Gone
82gradDLSdad said:

I actually wouldn't mind games at Levi's. I like seats with arms and backs that don't cost thousands of dollars. But that's just me.

You're correct, it is just you.
bipolarbear
No bye during conference play.
71Bear
calgldnbear said:

I want to play this season in that ugly painted hellhole called Levi's stadium .... I would be completely ok with the blue clad Bears lining up to compete on the gridiron where some god forsaken color dominates the entire stands .....

Are there any Cal fans who wouldn't like to see the Bears play at Levi's next January?
B.A. Bearacus
pingpong2
Is "Please dontypkay" the new "Please don"?
calgldnbear
71Bear said:

calgldnbear said:

Are there any Cal fans who wouldn't like to see the Bears play at Levi's next January?

We would have to play in the first one to get to the second .... This isn't the SEC
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.