A lifetime of Cal - Video

3,117 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TheFiatLux
Sebastabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My son put this together for his Cal housing app. Thought some of you might enjoy it.

So many great memories.

Damn something got caught in my eye again . . .

okaydo
Sebastabear said:

My son put this together for his Cal housing app. Thought some of you might enjoy it.

So many great memories.

They make videos to apply for Cal housing these days?!?!

Blueblood
Sebastabear said:

So many great memories.

FWIW, I really like that....
CannonBlast
That's pretty cool. You have to win hearts and minds during the housing process now? What gives?
Goobear
Sebastabear said:

So many great memories.

Well done. It goes fast Sebasta let me tell you....Enjoy every moment...
TheSouseFamily
That's awesome, SebastaBear! Love the dog too. Such a good boy! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who dresses my retriever in college gear.
Sebastabear
Many thanks all. The picture of him in the UCLA chairs always makes me laugh as I remember how mad he was about having to go to a "FUCLA tailgate" and eat off their FUCLA plates and sit under their FUCLA tent. I had to explain to him that we were in LA and we were being hosted by friends who were rooting for the other team, but they were still good people. He was having none of it.
TandemBear
That's wonderful!

You must be very proud. Good job raising a True Blue Golden Bear!
TomBear
That's good stuff!
Bear19
SebastaBear, really enjoyed your son's video. Reminded me of memories with my two boys. Thanks for sharing.
TheFiatLux
That's just lovely!
GivemTheAxe
Sebastabear said:

So many great memories.

Absolutely fantastic and very moving.
It reminded me of my own 3 kids progress as Cal fans from the days when I would bring them to Cal FB games in strollers to today when they are in their 30's and have their own kids in strollers.
MoragaBear
Staff
TheSouseFamily said:

That's awesome, SebastaBear! Love the dog too. Such a good boy! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who dresses my retriever in college gear.
killa22
Sebastabear said:

Many thanks all. The picture of him in the UCLA chairs always makes me laugh as I remember how mad he was about having to go to a "FUCLA tailgate" and eat off their FUCLA plates and sit under their FUCLA tent. I had to explain to him that we were in LA and we were being hosted by friends who were rooting for the other team, but they were still good people. He was having none of it.

My man haha! you raised a true Golden Bear!
59bear
Great stuff! But what's with the cozying up to the guy in he red suit?
Bears2thDoc
I'm very much a dog guy.......
The moment I saw the puppy, I thought "Marley and Me".
Moraga, you missed it....I think the last photos were #2

Nice video.
Go Bears!!
TheSouseFamily
MoragaBear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Beast Mode! That's fantastic.
Sebastabear
Those shots of Tedford and my kid always make me sad. What might have been. . . .

He really had a shot there to be one of the all time greats. Look at some of those early pics of the stands from the height of JT's power. Couldn't see an empty seat. Cal definitely has a lot of fans who will come out to see a winner. We need to get back there again.
79 Bear
Awesome memories and video. Big Congrats to your son on his admission to the #1 public university in the world! Go Bears!
CAL6371
Congratulations - great video. Any kid who loves Labs and Cal is first-rate imo.
Sebastabear
Ha. Many thanks. Although I think I need to make this more controversial to get people to view my post.. Let's see . . . War is Peace! Freedom is slavery! Ignorance is strength! Sonny Dykes was the greatest Cal coach of all time because he scored the most points. Pappy Waldorf was a space alien. Top dogs are people!
Bear19
Sebastabear said:

Sonny Dykes was the greatest Cal coach of all time because he scored the most points. Top Dogs are people!
Hahaha. Really funny. Reference to C. Heston rasping this out is classic.
Sebastabear
Bears2thDoc said:

I'm very much a dog guy.......
The moment I saw the puppy, I thought "Marley and Me".
Moraga, you missed it....I think the last photos were #2

Sadly you are right. Doggie years go buy way too fast. Kid years too for that matter.
Bear19
Sebastabear said:

Pappy Waldorf was a space alien.
Since the last time we went to the Rose Bowl was under Pappy's leadership, this must not be dismissed.
okaydo
It would've been funny if this video ended with a dark twist.

And by dark, I mean dark red.
jy1988
Very nice! My weird thought was this is why Justin has to turn it around, to reward fan families like yours who have stuck in there thru thick and thin. Wilcox + Cal = Rosebowl (soon).
Sebastabear
Bear19 said:

Sebastabear said:

Pappy Waldorf was a space alien.
Since the last time we went to the Rose Bowl was under Pappy's leadership, this must not be dismissed.
As I wrote it I was thinking, well it's not totally impossible.
TheFiatLux
Sebastabear said:

Ha. Many thanks. Although I think I need to make this more controversial to get people to view my post.. Let's see . . . War is Peace! Freedom is slavery! Ignorance is strength! Sonny Dykes was the greatest Cal coach of all time because he scored the most points. Pappy Waldorf was a space alien. Top dogs are people!
It's up over 1000 views now!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.