AD Knowlton writes a hand written response to letter

3,362 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by oskidunker
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A friend wrote a letter to the new AD about the many surveys we get from Cal and the lack of any follow up or changes implemented as a response to season ticket holder complaints. My friend , who was an esp ticket holder and who has donated since 1970 ,told me this is the first time in 25 years that he has ever received a response from Cal when sending letters to the AD or Bear Backers. Since he has moved to Texas, he cancelled all his season tickets. The few games he could attend were not enjoyable or worth the money due to the game day experience when compared to his travel expenses

So Jim hand wrote a reply in 1 week, addressed his concerns and thanked him for welcoming him to Cal. Jim said he would like to renew relationships with Alumni and perhaps get those who have stopped donating to start again .My friend was so impressed , he is looking at becoming more involved and perhaps attending some football games this fall.

This is great news. Looks like Jim actually gets mail addressed to him..
Go Bears!
SFCALBear72
Impressive. The handwritten letter and prompt response plus the fact it swayed your friend to be more involved. One down, countless more to go.
Goobear
Great news
Sebastabear
That's great to hear. Always amazimg what a little individualized attention and responsiveness can do. So happy we finally have someone in the AD suite who gets this.
CALiforniALUM
Old school. Old bear backers. Old money.
okaydo
Cool. I just forwarded this thread to the Cal Malibu Backers Secret Society. Our 200 members plan to write him and we'll be disappointed if we each don't receive a handwritten letter back. A lot of money is riding on this, Mr. Knowlton.
rathokan
dude just gets it.
oskidunker
Listen to the pod cast.
Go Bears!
Beardog26
Really? I can't wait for you to leap indignantly to further conclusions.
Bear19
bearsandgiants said:

Can't wait for the armed services ads and forced flag worship.
The thread is about an act of courtesy on the part of AD Knowlton, and you decide to use it to insult him & us with a prejudiced, inappropriate comment. Ridiculous, weak.
GivemTheAxe
bearsandgiants said:

Can't wait for the armed services ads and forced flag worship.

These two concepts don't necessarily go together
I know many veterans (my self included) who served in the military to protect the people's constitutional right to protest (including the right to burn the flag).
oskidunker
well when they come out with the Cal flag if you dont stand and yell Go Bears Oski may put a cream pie in your face. just ask Gary Paytons uncle!
Go Bears!
petalumabear
Someone should ask Knowlton to see if he can find the stacks of letters sent to Williams that went without acknowledgment or reply...
oskidunker
Amen to that.. Or Sandy as well.
Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.