Brooks and His OC Talk About Commitment to Cal

MoragaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bonsallbear
Good job Cal. Versital, good academics, speed, size, good character. Welcome to the best university in the world!
Bear19
Welcome to Cal, DeCarlos! Stay focused during your Sr. year, expand on your goals for business & beyond. Both you & Cal football are fortunate to have found each other. Go Bears!
MoragaBear
Staff
Speed isn't his calling card but strength, receiving and versatility definitely are.
hotlanta
On another board I saw he ran a 4.73 40, but here it says he finished 3rd or 4th in the state 110 high hurdles. These don't mesh very well.
burritos
Reminds me of Shane Vereen. Little extraneous movement. Gets to the point of attack. That Chandler offensive line looked good.
MoragaBear
Staff
hotlanta said:

On another board I saw he ran a 4.73 40, but here it says he finished 3rd or 4th in the state 110 high hurdles. These don't mesh very well.
ESPN is notorious for listing ridiculously slow 40 times for future D1 RB's.

He finished 4th in the state meet: https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/323313/results/m/1/110mh

HIs pr was the same as the 2nd place finisher.

Not elite speed by any means but no 4.73 forty guy's running a 14.3 110 hurdles.
bonsallbear
He may not have Best speed but he has good speed. God speed De Carlos.
kad02002
If it's a "legit" 4.7, that is plenty fast enough for a good hurdle time, considering how important technique is for that race. It's a little more doubtful if it's more like a 4.9. On the other hand, Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 I believe and if you only watched his highlights you'd think he was the fastest man to ever play the sport, so who cares.
Another Bear
Track speed is different from football speed but there's obvious cross over. I'd imagine with higher level training at the college level his speed can improve, or perhaps more importantly his first step and ability to hit the gap. Unless he plans on running track, I'd guess some adjustments will be made.

Any way...looking forward to watching Brooks at Cal. A big back will help a balanced offense. Go Bears!
Seogju
Welcome to Berkeley. Go Bears!

Happy 4th everyone.
Fyght4Cal
Welcome to Cal DeCarlos. Love your vision and speed to the hole.
🎵There‚Äôs the Highland Dutch and the Lowland Dutch
The Rotterdam Dutch and Tim DeRuyter 🎶
FuzzyWuzzy
burritos said:

Reminds me of Shane Vereen. Little extraneous movement. Gets to the point of attack. That Chandler offensive line looked good.

Justin Forsett for me. Deceptively strong and deceptively shifty. Makes the tackling look bad because they can't seem to wrap him up.

Most college running backs would love to have an NFL career like JF.
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.