Furd at Ducks: Biggest non-Cal, Sept. game for us in years?

3,486 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by heartofthebear
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What with us having the weekend off and this game being between our arch-rival and our next opponent, I'm going to be glued to the TV. Having little kids at home now, I'm watching non-Cal games less and less, but this one's got me.

Go Ducks! (Come to Berkeley next week all overconfident!)
KoreAmBear
I know it's better for us from a psychological standpoint for the Ducks to win and overlook or have a letdown game against us, but I also don't want them to look awesome either. What's the right balance lol?
85Bear
KoreAmBear said:

I know it's better for us from a psychological standpoint for the Ducks to win and overlook or have a letdown game against us, but I also don't want them to look awesome either. What's the right balance lol?
How about a hard-fought narrow victory in which Oregon suffer minor injuries that keep key starters out of next week's game?
StillNoStanfurdium
85Bear said:

KoreAmBear said:

How about a hard-fought narrow victory in which Oregon suffer minor injuries that keep key starters out of next week's game?
A grueling 3-0 win for the Ducks after a historic and record-smashing 15 consecutive overtimes (the current record is 7 overtimes) which leave both teams exhausted and tired.
Big C
How about the Ducks win 77-0, so that...

a) they think that, for their next game, all they need to do is show up
b) when we beat them, it makes us look great and we get a huge recruiting bump
c) we get to enjoy furd getting trounced
NYCGOBEARS
That idea I like. Also, they'd be tired.
75bear
85Bear said:

KoreAmBear said:

I never root for injuries to other team's players.
72CalBear
Oregon will come to Cal confident, no matter what the result with Furd. They might be a bit beat up, and if the Ducks lose, they might be even worse being wounded. I think they win. The Ducks have a D this year and might bottle up Love. I just want us to win bigtime!
85Bear
75bear said:

How about a 24-hour stomach flu?
Another Bear
KoreAmBear said:

They pummel each other badly, play a bitter and super close game that hurts and the game is decided by fluke luck and weirdness...or a tie.
kirklandblue
Trying to figure how the "giant sinkhole" concept might work here but you really need SC for it to work.
ducky23
The WSU qb is legit. That's gojng to be a tough game.
BearsWiin
I'd like to see a replay of 2003. Ducks Beat Michigan to go 4-0, get on the cover of SI, then completely crap the bed against WSU the next game 55-16, with seven(!) turnovers in the first half alone.* I have no problem with them beating furd as long as they play like dogpoop against Cal next Saturday.

*Cal fans can be forgiven if they do not recall this game. It occurred on Sept. 27 2003, the day that Cal defeated #3 USC 34-31 (3OT). We may have been a bit distracted.
calbearinamaze
Right now the spread is Stanfurd -2 give-or-take.
Oregon's SOS is horrible. Reference has them at 127th out of 130 and ESPN at 130.

The Oregon fans are not overly-confidant...it's pretty safe to say:
http://ducksattack.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31385

On D, Stanfurd is #1 in points against. But, Furd fans are a tad worried about their own O-line.

BTW: to those who would argue that fan forums are almost worthless:
1. BEARINSIDER has proven year-over-year to be absolutely correct
2. they are free to put zero on said forums.

As to best outcome for game: a close game with either team winning. This
could give Oregon some confidence coming to face CAL. A Furd blowout would
make the CAL game a "must game"....at least early in the season.

But what do I know? I thought the Nationals (falling like a boulder) might make
the World Series.

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
510 Bear
BearsWiin said:

I'd like to see a replay of 2003. Ducks Beat Michigan to go 4-0, get on the cover of SI, then completely crap the bed against WSU the next game 55-16, with seven(!) turnovers in the first half alone.* I have no problem with them beating furd as long as they play like dogpoop against Cal next Saturday.

*Cal fans can be forgiven if they do not recall this game. It occurred on Sept. 27 2003, the day that Cal defeated #3 USC 34-31 (3OT). We may have been a bit distracted.
By all accounts, USC looked past us that day and thought all they had to do was show up to win. I'd love to see Oregon repeat history (almost exactly 15 years to the day after that game).
OdontoBear66
75bear said:

85Bear said:

KoreAmBear said:

Banged up enough to miss the next game. Minor. I never root for injuries either, but athletes suffer short term troubles all the time.
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Cal88
Let's go furd put this into OT
Big C
Stupid Oregon Ducks!
Big C
Cal88 said:

Let's go furd put this into OT
WTH, now, how about 5-10 overtimes! Wear out those stupid Ducks...
bearister
Wow! Two blown PI calls on Ducks' drive.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bonsallbear
Ducks cooged it
Big C
David Shaw always looks like he's having a bowel* movement.

* Whoa, the censoring filter really let one slip through there!
heartofthebear
Be careful what you wish for.
After this hard fought game, the Ducks are going to be flying into Berkeley next weekend like a swarm of angry bees.
However, I think Evan Weaver likes that kind of energy and can match it.
Should be interesting next week, and it seems like teams rise and fall week to week throughout the nation.
So it's a toss up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.