The Big Game will be cancelled!!!

2,776 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MugsVanSant
Blueblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
....I'm just guessing using my new prediction system that GMP doesn't like. I just want to see him get his jollies again whereby I fall on my face again!
bear2034

bearister
If it does get cancelled/postponed I think that will be the only disruption since It was suspended in 1943-45 for World War II.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
71Bear
bearister said:

If it does get cancelled/postponed I think that will be the only disruption since It was suspended in 1943-45 for World War II.
How soon we forget...

The game was postponed one week following the assassination of President Kennedy.

I was at the game at Stanford Stadium. It was a scene I'll never forget. The moment of silence. The National Anthem by the Stanford band led by the Lone Bugler. Absolutely amazing. The saddest day in my lifetime at a Cal football game......l
tequila4kapp
71Bear said:

bearister said:

How soon we forget...

The game was postponed one week following the assassination of President Kennedy.

I was at the game at Stanford Stadium. It was a scene I'll never forget. The moment of silence. The National Anthem by the Stanford band led by the Lone Bugler. Absolutely amazing. The saddest day in my lifetime at a Cal football game......l
To be fair, that was 55-60 years ago.
GivemTheAxe
71Bear said:

bearister said:

How soon we forget...

I was there (my Freshman year) and I remember. But things were very different then.
The Big Game was the final game of the season.
There were no conference championships.
Cal and the PAC8 had no long term TV contracts (with all the related monetary commitments)
And fan in person attendance counted for more than TV viewership.
YamhillBear
tequila4kapp said:

71Bear said:

bearister said:

How soon we forget...

To be fair, that was 55-60 years ago.
For those of us old enough to remember, we're old enough to forget...
FloriDreaming
71Bear said:

bearister said:

How soon we forget...

For historical reference this was over 55 years ago and several years AFTER the last time Cal went to the Rose Bowl.
oskidunker
The AQII is now 216 and rising in Berkeley. Not looking good.
Go Bears!
bearister
I wager 100 Euros game gets cancelled.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Econ141
oskidunker said:

The AQII is now 216 and rising in Berkeley. Not looking good.

But the say tomorrow will be much better lol. This has the makings of sh*tshow.

Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
MugsVanSant
December 1 will be just fine with me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.