Mississippi Laughing off "Sanctions"

2,776 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bear19
R90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is SEC football...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25977156/ole-miss-football-forced-vacate-33-wins-six-seasons-ncaa-violations

"It's the last part of this process," (Athletic Director) Bjork said at a town hall meeting in Cleveland, Mississippi. "In a way, it's just a piece of paper, because you saw those games."

"Some of the charges date back to the tenure of previous coach Houston Nutt, who was fired in 2011, but most of the case involves conduct that happened under Freeze. The sprawling case involves alleged academic, booster and recruiting misconduct."
Bobodeluxe
College football Is dying/dead.
AEM80
I agree with him. Vacating the victories doesn't really mean much. If it doesn't cost you a national championship, or even a conference title, who really cares. The fans enjoyed those victories, particularly the one over Alabama. They can't take that away. I'm pretty sure everyone else in the SEC is cheating too, The real penalties were the postseason bans, loss of scholarships and the loss of some star players who jumped ship because of the sanctions. Those penalties have been paid.
Bear8
The quote: "In a way, it's just a piece of paper, because you saw those games." What this means to me is nothing is changing in Oxford, Mississippi. They'll just return to the same underhanded way they treat the rules. If caught, it could mean the Death Penalty that SMU suffered a number of years ago. I wonder if the folks in Mississippi pondered that possibility?
Big C
cheating AND STILL losing to Cal = national laughing stock
71Bear
R90 said:

This is SEC football...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25977156/ole-miss-football-forced-vacate-33-wins-six-seasons-ncaa-violations

"It's the last part of this process," (Athletic Director) Bjork said at a town hall meeting in Cleveland, Mississippi. "In a way, it's just a piece of paper, because you saw those games."

"Some of the charges date back to the tenure of previous coach Houston Nutt, who was fired in 2011, but most of the case involves conduct that happened under Freeze. The sprawling case involves alleged academic, booster and recruiting misconduct."
Kinda like when Cal fans laughed off the forfeited wins due to the Ainsworth scandal. Forfeiting wins is a waste of time. Yep, we saw the Cal wins and no amount of sanctions can reverse what was seen the day the game was played. I agree with the Ole Miss AD.....
LunchTime
AEM80 said:

I agree with him. Vacating the victories doesn't really mean much. If it doesn't cost you a national championship, or even a conference title, who really cares. The fans enjoyed those victories, particularly the one over Alabama. They can't take that away. I'm pretty sure everyone else in the SEC is cheating too, The real penalties were the postseason bans, loss of scholarships and the loss of some star players who jumped ship because of the sanctions. Those penalties have been paid.
Who cares if it does cost you a title? Seriously? Even a National Championship, let alone a conference title. Who gives a hoot.

Does Cal get to claim a trip to the 2005 Rose Bowl because USC was cheating all of 2004 and had it's pac title taken? Do they not claim National Champion status because the BCS vacated the win, but the AP still has them as champs?

Do we care that we missed a bowl game in 2002? Who cares. Death penalty or nothing. Delete the program or it doesn't matter.
Bear19
"I don't know about you, but I intend on writing a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line about all of this." --Jack Dawson, Titanic Passenger

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.