Davis in NYC

3,647 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by calbearinamaze
JimSox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll be in New York on August 31 and I'm wondering if there will be a spot there to watch the game. I once saw a Cal game there at a bar I think called The Australian near midtown that was a gathering place for Cal fans. But this game will be on the Pac 12 network so I'm wondering if they'll be able to get it. Anyone have a clue?
MontanaBear
My brother lives in Manhattan. He said the Australian is the best bar for Cal football. They have the Pac 12 network and play the audio over the speakers.
NYCGOBEARS
The Australian has been the spot. A new place called The Gold Bear opened recently that's owned by an alum. It's really cool. I'm pretty sure that it'll show all games. Hold tight for confirmation.
okaydo
The thread title is too vague. I thought it was referencing this news from today:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/10/has-davis-webb-passed-trevor-siemian-on-the-jets-depth-chart/amp/
petalumabear
okaydo said:

The thread title is too vague. I thought it was referencing this news from today:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/10/has-davis-webb-passed-trevor-siemian-on-the-jets-depth-chart/amp/
Thanks Okaydo.....
JimSox
okaydo said:

Wow. Picky. But thanks to MontanaBear and NYCGOBEARS for their helpful responses. I will be at one of the two places they mentioned for the Davis game.
movielover
As in the UC Davis Cal Aggies.

It seems Coach Hawkins has emphasized the Cal Aggie emblem over the newer horses head logo.
Fyght4Cal
The Cal Aggie logo is far superior. Looks like our postal abbreviation. May be better than the script Cal.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
rothforever
My son, also an alum said the place to go for Cal/Bay Area sports is Finnerty's. If they're both good, it must be about proximity. Irish and Australian establishments cant go wrong!
MontanaBear
Did anyone ever end up going to the Gold Bear for a game? If so, how was it? My brother is interested in trying it out for Big Game and asked if I'd see what you all have to say here. Thanks!
EC bear
Gold Bear is go to
JimSox
MontanaBear said:

Did anyone ever end up going to the Gold Bear for a game? If so, how was it? My brother is interested in trying it out for Big Game and asked if I'd see what you all have to say here. Thanks!

No I went to The Australian, which was walking distance from my hotel, for the UC Davis game. There were Cal fans there, including the Cal men's tennis coach, who was in town for the U.S. Open. But there were a lot fewer Cal people there than there were for the Cal-Texas game about five years ago, the only other time I was there. That was a big raucous crowd. I'm sure they'll have the Big Game on tomorrow, but I don't know if the Gold Bear will be a better spot to watch.
NYCGOBEARS
The Gold Bear is the spot and it's gonna be lit. Go Bears!
MontanaBear
Thanks! My brother will be the guy that thinks all calls against Cal are horrible and all calls against Furd are great. Go Bears!
NYCGOBEARS
MontanaBear said:

Thanks! My brother will be the guy that thinks all calls against Cal are horrible and all calls against Furd are great. Go Bears!

How will that help me to find him?
GoBears635
NYCGOBEARS said:

MontanaBear said:

ROTFLMAO
calbearinamaze
NYCGOBEARS said:

MontanaBear said:

ROTFLMAO #2
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.