Stadium Club Seats - Fan Experience

1,878 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Another Bear
APT43Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have never had the opportunity to sit in the Stadium Club seats but am hoping to try and experience it during a game this year. I try to fly in for a game or two each season and would love to try it out this year. Any thoughts on the fan experience in this area? Also, my wife unfortunately went to USC and one of the games we might go to would be the USC-CAL game. She's a little apprehensive on treatment she might get wearing visitor gear. Any thoughts on the visiting team experience in the section as well?
Mama Bear
You will enjoy the Stadium Club, albeit somewhat crowded and noisy by Game time. Wide variety of food, and full bar, upstairs and down. Food replenished at halftime, more sushi dessert and ice cream. Your wife has no worries about her Trojan gear. Visitors are generally treated with respect. Members understand tickets change hands (for a reason).
GivemTheAxe
Mama Bear said:

You will enjoy the Stadium Club, albeit somewhat crowded and noisy by Game time. Wide variety of food, and full bar, upstairs and down. Food replenished at halftime, more sushi dessert and ice cream. Your wife has no worries about her Trojan gear. Visitors are generally treated with respect. Members understand tickets change hands (for a reason).

I agree with Mama Bear. Cal fans at CMS are generally friendly and tolerant of opposing fans.
UNLESS 1. those fans are boorish or drunk or both. Or 2. Those fans are part of Stanfurd's so-called "band"
The only times I witnessed trouble has been (usually against UO) when the drunk Duck fans (sitting in the middle of the Alumni section) started yelling obscenities at the Cal fans around them.
Eventually they were removed by the authorities.
Another time a year or so ago two drunk Duck fans were jumping up and down with each Duck Score and carrying on well beyond normal fan behavior. Eventually one of the drunk Duck fans slipped and hurt himself badly. An EMT had to be called to help him out of the stadium. Even then the Cal fans helped this obnoxious boor up and assisted the EMT.
BTW I am intentionally ignoring the many episodes where the student rooting section bombed the Stanfurd "band" with water balloons. I write those episodes off due to justified retaliation.
APT43Bear
Thank you for the feedback! Looking forward to trying the experience out for the first time this season!
tequila4kapp
I find the section to be a little sterile. Or maybe it's the entire game day experience, I don't know. If you stand be prepared to have an old blue scold you. Opposing fans are in the section every time I've been there. They are generally treated as well as they behave. (Oregon fans have been the worst in my experience too)
Another Bear
I've been to the Stadium once as a guest. It's very civil and family friendly...so yes, perhaps sterile compared to the East Side and student sections. That said, I'd be surprised if anyone gave an opposing fan a hard time...even USC. At most a very mild teasing and joking.

If anything, the Stadium club should make Trojan fans a little jealous because they definitely don't have anything like it...yet. Perhaps after the LA Coliseum renno but not at this time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.