Where do you buy your Cal gear?

3,596 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearoutEast67
mahicks123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Curious where people prefer to buy their Cal gear and why. I have had pretty bad experience with the "official store of Cal Athletics" online (Fanatics). Their stuff is pretty cheap looking and low quality. I find that the Cal Student Store and the store across the street from it tend to have the best looking stuff. Overall though I've been pretty disappointed with the selection everywhere I've gone. I like the look of a lot of the UA gear the coaches wear but they don't seem to sell those items in stores. When I visit other schools the student stores always seem to have a much better selection of nice looking gear.
YamhillBear
Can't add anything about selection or quality, but will add a "warning" on the Cal Student Store online () they don't seem to calculate out-of-state sales tax correctly. I'm in Oregon (no sales tax) but was charged sales tax on my last order (all billing and shipping in Oregon). I e-mailed prior to placing the order, and they said they'd be happy to take the tax off manually after I ordered now that I had mentioned it. So --- be ready to go through extra steps, or to eat the tax, if you are ordering from a state with lower sales tax.

[url=https://calstudentstore.berkeley.edu/][/url]
emanbears24
The Student Store on Bancroft has the UA gear that the coaches wear. Just bought some last week!
CalBearinLA
I agree..the Official Cal Online store is a joke. They don't have a wide selection at all....I'll get e-mails saying that the new 2019 gear is out, only to find that there are 2 new items (the rest are from 2017 and 2018). The moment a new item is out, it's listed as "almost gone"

From an online standpoint, try the Student Store website or directly through UA
Troll On You Bears
I've always liked Bancroft Clothing Co. across the street from campus. They have a decent online selection. Although I would consider most of their offerings kind of "standard" when it comes to style. If you want more modern looking stuff I think Fanatics or similar sites are probably your best bet.
HoopDreams
Overall I'd say Nike > UA in terms of style and variety of cal sports clothes

I went to both student stores on Bancroft and found very little cal sports shirts (lots of Cal and Berkeley shirts)

Some nice football jerseys, a few football shirts, one basketball jersey, no basketball shirts. Only generic shirt for various cal sports

UA should do better
GrandpaBear
Tommy Bahama has good quality Cal shirts. Polo and camp/Hawaii style. Pricey but you can sometimes find it on sale. Only online.
OdontoBear66
mahicks123 said:

Curious where people prefer to buy their Cal gear and why. I have had pretty bad experience with the "official store of Cal Athletics" online (Fanatics). Their stuff is pretty cheap looking and low quality. I find that the Cal Student Store and the store across the street from it tend to have the best looking stuff. Overall though I've been pretty disappointed with the selection everywhere I've gone. I like the look of a lot of the UA gear the coaches wear but they don't seem to sell those items in stores. When I visit other schools the student stores always seem to have a much better selection of nice looking gear.
Serious question. I agree the coaches and sometimes players get the very cool looking gear. Why is it not available to us fans? If looks great on the staff why does one think fans would not like it? They seem to always fluff it up with extras. A nice simple California Football in block letters looks great. Keep it simple and clean looking.

An insider got one of our family members a hockey jersey that the hockey players actually wear (obviously he knew someone) and it so different from what one buys in the fan stores. Ridiculous if fans will pay the dough for quality. Make the knock offs cheaper for those who don't want to afford.
sandiegobears
Not fanatics.com ever again. Bought some gear on sale last year, shirt was 2 sizes too small and hat is literally see through material, not much thicker than tissue paper. What a joke, I didn't even bother to pay to ship it back, it's just sitting in the corner of my house awaiting a re-gift to a 9 year old kid.
72CalBear
Come to my house and browse my two drawers and closet with about two dozen hangers! I've tried all the sites including Ebay and Etsy (interesting Cal stuff there!). Can't go wrong with UA and Nike, but the quality really varies. One Cal Bears t shirt I ordered off Ebay came from China and you could see through it and the neck was big enough for one of our nose guards to wear! Quality has declined - I still have good wearing Copper Bowl sweatshirt and 2003 and 2004 t-shirts from the Student Store that are still feeling thick. Remember that anything "on sale" is usually a POS. Ordering hats is always a risk - size and style problems. Infant and toddler clothes are also risky unless you have a bunch of grandkids just in case the fit is wrong (it usually is). Finally, NEVER buy your wife, girlfriend or daughter any Cal stuff/clothes/gear that you think is cool. You are always wrong and if the size is even close to being off? You're sleeping on the couch
Richmondbear2
Bought a few shirts at Costco recently, I'm satisfied with the quality
upsetof86
Troll On You Bears said:

I've always liked Bancroft Clothing Co. across the street from campus. They have a decent online selection. Although I would consider most of their offerings kind of "standard" when it comes to style. If you want more modern looking stuff I think Fanatics or similar sites are probably your best bet.

Yup
okaydo

I bought this as my first online purchase at the Cal Student Store. Best $31 I spent.

I wish they'd make more unique (bleep) instead of the usual stuff.
https://calstudentstore.berkeley.edu/products/cal-bears-oski-bear-custom-mug-neil-5340-szrcajjfsp
75bear
The Under Armour clothing is very nice quality - I've liked all the pieces I've purchased from them in the past. But I just looked at the new UA offerings, and most of them have the 150 symbol - who wants gear that will be shortly outdated? Not me... I'll wait until next year to buy more.
85Bear
Richmondbear2 said:

Which Costco? I live in the South Bay and the local Costco stores only carry Furd and SJ State apparel (if at all).
calumnus
85Bear said:

Richmondbear2 said:

Which Costco? I live in the South Bay and the local Costco stores only carry Furd and SJ State apparel (if at all).

San Leandro
BearoutEast67
On the East Coast, so my only option is online, and I go with Fanatics.com
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.