"They underestimated us. They doubted us."

3,656 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Cal8285
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

azulviejo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That was almost more fun than watching the game.
Thanks for posting this.
KenBurnski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Garbers block on that second TD was so clean. He rolled his man. Really nice video.
Sebastabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh my God that was great. Alexander alone got me pumped up enough to run out on to the field.
socalBear23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love these videos but why are they so few and far between?
Goobear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That is awesome!
ClevelandBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why can't I see the original post (chrome on iPhone)
rafterfan180
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClevelandBear said:

Why can't I see the original post (chrome on iPhone)
Same. Chrome on Windows
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rafterfan180 said:

ClevelandBear said:

Why can't I see the original post (chrome on iPhone)
Same. Chrome on Windows
Tweet was deleted. Hmm... maybe it had some music or video that wasn't cleared? Dunno. I'm sure it will be re-posted. Okaydo, what's your hot take?
71Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope No. Texas isn't saying the same thing Saturday evening......
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They edited out the Weaver comments in the beginning. Wilcox probably was like "no, take that part out". Lol. Personally, I think Weaver's stuff in the beginning made it great.
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?




It's weird, it didn't show up on my browser either (Firefox/Windows), but you can watch the Twitter video by pasting the URL (see below) in a new window. You can otherwise get the URL of an invisible post by replying to that post.



Twitter address: calfootball/status/1171532586113355776
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS said:

They edited out the Weaver comments in the beginning. Wilcox probably was like "no, take that part out". Lol. Personally, I think Weaver's stuff in the beginning made it great.
Feel that NYC is 100% correct here. The deleted video started with Weaver at the press conference where he guaranteed a win. Very noticeably omitted in the new video as that is how the original video started.
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal88 said:

It's weird, it didn't show up on my browser either (Firefox/Windows), but you can watch the Twitter video by pasting the URL (see below) in a new window. You can otherwise get the URL of an invisible post by replying to that post.
Fyi 88, the original tweet was deleted -- this isn't a platform/browser issue. It was re-posted later as a new tweet, which NYC shared above. The new tweet has a version of the video that is different than the one used in the tweet that was deleted.
LunchTime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS said:

They edited out the Weaver comments in the beginning. Wilcox probably was like "no, take that part out". Lol. Personally, I think Weaver's stuff in the beginning made it great.
I am like 90% sure the two times I watched it, Weaver didn't say we would win the game though. He says if they win or lose, they will win.

It was pretty good.

I had assumed he said we would win, from headlines and this board, but right after he says we would win, he says it doesn't matter what the outcome of the game is, they would win.

It was a philosophical statement. A leadership statement.


Edit: Yeah, he says "no matter what the score is, it's still a win" he didn't guarantee a win against Washington, he guarantees a philosophical win.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mavensports.io/cal/api/amp/cal/news/cal-football-video-evan-weaver-on-uw-we-ll-beat-em-that-s-what-we-do-Xqtfl2rVg0aF8ZV8TuqfBQ/

Or maybe not. I have no idea.
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

Cal88 said:

It's weird, it didn't show up on my browser either (Firefox/Windows), but you can watch the Twitter video by pasting the URL (see below) in a new window. You can otherwise get the URL of an invisible post by replying to that post.
Fyi 88, the original tweet was deleted -- this isn't a platform/browser issue. It was re-posted later as a new tweet, which NYC shared above. The new tweet has a version of the video that is different than the one used in the tweet that was deleted.
Thanks B.A., yeah I missed the original version. But weirdly enough, I still don't see the current version posted by NYC, I had to reply to that post in order to get the URL and open a window with that twitter address...
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for the clip, Lunch. Weaver clearly says "we'll beat them."
LunchTime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

Thanks for the clip, Lunch. Weaver clearly says "we'll beat them."


I am still not convinced he won't become a good politician.
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The loudest yell during the game was when Garbers hit Crawford to get the ball to the 3 yard line. Until then it was pent up nervousness. Lots of things still had to happen. That was the play that turned uncertainty into likely victory.
79 Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KenBurnski said:

The Garbers block on that second TD was so clean. He rolled his man. Really nice video.
Yeah, during the broadcast the commentator simply said that Garbers "got in the way," but he did more than that. Great video, thanks for posting.
LunchTime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
79 Bear said:

KenBurnski said:

The Garbers block on that second TD was so clean. He rolled his man. Really nice video.
Yeah, during the broadcast the commentator simply said that Garbers "got in the way," but he did more than that. Great video, thanks for posting.


Next time we play up there they will say we haven't won since 2019.
UrsaMajor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes. I clearly heard: "we will beat them. We win, that's what we do."
Cal8285
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UrsaMajor said:

Yes. I clearly heard: "we will beat them. We win, that's what we do."
I believe that is correct, but it is different than a guarantee of victory. Sure, you could argue that "I guarantee we will beat them" and "we will beat them" are two different things. But spiritually, it is somewhat different.
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?




He clearly says, "Yea, they'll SPANK us. But we'll still win Morally, Philosophically, and Spiritually."
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Weaver's comments were great in retrospect. But god I hope he doesn't provide future opponents with bulletin board material.
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Look: They're all smiling, even the Clemson QB's brother.

BearsWiin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If showing me a video of an exhausted giddy victorious Cal team doing the Bear Territory chant in the postgame locker room ever fails to put a huge ****-eating grin on my face, check my pulse and temperature because I'm probably dead.
AlmaSecreta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You're not subscribed. Terrible!
OzarkBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"These coaches know exactly what they are doing and put me in the right spot to succeed"

okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AlmaSecreta said:

You're not subscribed. Terrible!
I primarily view all YouTube videos on my iPad, where I am indeed subscribed to the Cal channel. My desktop, however, isn't often logged on to YouTube. (I also have different email addresses for YouTube and YouTube TV, for some reason).
Go!Bears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"No matter what the score is, it is still a win". My guess, he shifted from a prediction about Washington and was thinking about the closer than desired Davis result. "we'll figure it out, that's what we do, we win games. (UW) "No matter what the score is, it is still a win". (Davis)
PaulCali
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PaulCali
How long do you want to ignore this user?
71Bear said:

I hope No. Texas isn't saying the same thing Saturday evening......

So true.
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LunchTime said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

They edited out the Weaver comments in the beginning. Wilcox probably was like "no, take that part out". Lol. Personally, I think Weaver's stuff in the beginning made it great.
I am like 90% sure the two times I watched it, Weaver didn't say we would win the game though. He says if they win or lose, they will win.

It was pretty good.

I had assumed he said we would win, from headlines and this board, but right after he says we would win, he says it doesn't matter what the outcome of the game is, they would win.

It was a philosophical statement. A leadership statement.


Edit: Yeah, he says "no matter what the score is, it's still a win" he didn't guarantee a win against Washington, he guarantees a philosophical win.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mavensports.io/cal/api/amp/cal/news/cal-football-video-evan-weaver-on-uw-we-ll-beat-em-that-s-what-we-do-Xqtfl2rVg0aF8ZV8TuqfBQ/

Or maybe not. I have no idea.


I think he does guarantee the win. "We'll beat 'em." Then I think at the end he jumps back to the UC Davis game and is basically saying, "it sucked, and the score wasn't as good as we wanted, but it's a win and the lackluster score won't affect us next week."
Page 1 of 2
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.