Eric Stevens diagnosed with ALS

3,767 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by okaydo
pingpong2
How long do you want to ignore this user?

wifeisafurd
This really sucks. Eric was a warrior.

My best to Eric and his family. The Stevens are a beloved family on the Palos Veredes Peninsula.
going4roses
Hella sucks
TouchedTheAxeIn82
Shocking news, only 29.

LunchTime
Wow. That's really rough.
PaulCali
Horrible news.
KoreAmBear
Oh no. My prayers for him. Was a great player.
bearlyabear

Hello All, my name is Dan Stevens and I'm reaching out to you on behalf of my nephew, Eric Stevens. Eric graduated in 2013.

He played his college ball at UC Berkeley (Cal) as a Fullback. He was signed by the St. Louis Rams as a free agent and played for a partial season before making a career change. He soon after became a Firefighter for the Los Angeles City Fire Department (LAFD) joining two of his older brothers, Jeff and Brett. His other brother, Craig, played TE for 8 seasons with the Tennessee Titans. Also, a Cal Alum.

Eric was recently diagnosed with ALS ( Lou Gehrig's desease), a month after he was married to his wife Amanda. His college sweetheart who played soccer at Cal.

He comes from a BIG family and all of us are struggling with his diagnosis. A lot of us are First Responders, both Fire and Police, and have helped countless others over time during our careers. This is an unusual situation for us as we attempt to help Eric, by asking others for help. Something we're not use to.

We're determined to find the help he needs to slow down the progression of this disease. With funds raised we'll be able to send Eric for treatment with state of the art procedures that have shown success in slowing down the disease.

Please share! Much appreciated and GO BEARS!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/eric-stevens-care-trust?teamInvite=OBhotYLteQvxLKmCIPtybhdIY5R27A4CNg5eiDOOQGgHYSY83l7DGjAJ20lgENyU&fbclid=IwAR2YN-yBQXFRKVQNZUAAXxZOvgJ11XVcwLjfhMBGCgDYDf1qBaZ_QEJX3ro
okaydo

Goobear
That is terrible. Here is a true story. When Addison was finished with his high school sophomore season we went to Hawaii for vacation. We get on the plane and a lady stops him. Asking if he is a fb player. Addison said yes of course and she went on to tell him she had 2 boys playing or played at Cal and one was in the NFL..Yes that was Mrs. Stevens and her husband. Very kind people. Very sad for Eric and the family.
72CalBear
Yes, both Craig and Eric are warriors and I met their parents on many flights from Long Beach to Oakland while they were playing. A great family. My sons are both firefighters and I have participated in several Go Fund Me campaigns. Please spread the word via twitter or your Facebook.
hanky1
Horrible news. Best wishes to him and the family
GoBears89
For any LA area Bears...

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/eric-stevens-fight-for-hope-to-axeals-als-fundraiser-tickets-76706518261

okaydo

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.