Oregon's win brings hope

1,886 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Cal89
BearoutEast67
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After seeing Oregon shellac Colorado, Cal's last performance was better than I thought. Especially with that MASH unit of an OL. I wanted BB to go last year but I'm liking his play-calling this season overall. We really need Modster to improve his timing with the WRs. Our D is back!
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
calbear80
+1
FLC

Absolutely, convert two very make-able field goals and eliminate a very bad interception and we have a chance to beat Oregon on their home turf. Despite a mediocre offensive effort we were very much into pulling an upset.
Go!Bears
BearoutEast67 said:

After seeing Oregon shellac Colorado, Cal's last performance was better than I thought. Especially with that MASH unit of an OL. I wanted BB to go last year but I'm liking his play-calling this season overall. We really need Modster to improve his timing with the WRs. Our D is back!
Yeah, a little counter narrative for this board, but I'm sure someone can explain why we are wrong
89Bear
I'll admit it: Seeing that it was a blowout made me feel a little better.
HungryCalBear
Verdell was out most of the game against us. Would have made that game more lopsided. Still ... Proud of our Bears?
m2bear
Go!Bears said:

BearoutEast67 said:

Yeah, a little counter narrative for this board, but I'm sure someone can explain why we are wrong
Cal has the worse offense in College Football for the last 3 years.

That's why you're wrong.
89Bear
HungryCalBear said:

Verdell was out most of the game against us. Would have made that game more lopsided. Still ... Proud of our Bears?
Saffel went out early for the Bears throwing the line into chaos. Being able to play the whole game would have made a huge difference for the Bears!
Cal89
The Buff's Montez is as senior a QB one will see in college. Tons of experience and a super solid performer. They were averaging about 35 PPG, until playing the Ducks. He completed just 56% of his passes, no TDs and four INTs.

Modster has his first start for us, 15 throws the prior two weeks, 79 passes with UCLA a couple years ago, yet our offense and the Buffs managed the same pathetic 4 yards per play against Oregon. And we scored a TD, the only ones to do so since Auburn in week 1.

If Modster ramps up to the 68% completion rate and overall effectiveness we saw in CG's last couple games or Bowers too for that matter (last few games), the offense will pick-up, again. Once our QBs reached such effectiveness, they were no longer available.

From another thread, CG's numbers for his last two games (Ole Miss and ASU):

Completion rate = 68%
TD/INT = 5:1
Yards/attempt = 10+
Rating = 180+

That, especially with this D, will win plenty of games.

Modster doing 36 and 50% and more INTs than TDs is a radical drop in performance. With his prior experience and apparent talent, let's hope he is a quick study.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.