BCS Teams Cal Has Never Played

2,467 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 71Bear
MugsVanSant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I compiled the following list of current BCS teams we have never played:
Akron, Appalachian State, Arkansas State, Auburn (scheduled), Ball State, Boise State, Boston College, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Central Michigan, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina, Eastern Michigan, Florida International, Florida Atlantic, Florida State, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Iowa State, Kent State, Kentucky, Liberty, Louisiana, Louisiana Monroe, Louisville, LSU, Marshall, Memphis, Miami of Ohio, Middle Tennessee, Mississippi State, North Carolina State, Northern Illinois, Ohio, Oklahoma State, Old Dominion, SMU, South Alabama, South Florida, Texas State, Toledo, Troy State, UAB, UCF, U Mass, UNLV (scheduled), UTEP, UTSA, Utah State, Virginia, Wake Forest, Western Kentucky, Western Michigan

There are 55 teams on this list. Only two are scheduled at this time. Some of these teams (e.g., LSU, Virginia, Wake Forest) have seen national prominence in recent years. With these teams to draw on why are we scheduling FBS teams?
packawana
More SEC home and homes would be fun. Also maybe Florida State, Georgia Southern, or OK State.

Liberty would be hilarious.
MugsVanSant
Liberty would be a riot! Literally!
dimitrig
MugsVanSant said:

Akron, Appalachian State, Arkansas State, Auburn (scheduled), Ball State, Boise State, Boston College, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Central Michigan, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina, Eastern Michigan, Florida International, Florida Atlantic, Florida State, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Iowa State, Kent State, Kentucky, Liberty, Louisiana, Louisiana Monroe, Louisville, LSU, Marshall, Memphis, Miami of Ohio, Middle Tennessee, Mississippi State, North Carolina State, Northern Illinois, Ohio, Oklahoma State, Old Dominion, SMU, South Alabama, South Florida, Texas State, Toledo, Troy State, UAB, UCF, U Mass, UNLV (scheduled), UTEP, UTSA, Utah State, Virginia, Wake Forest, Western Kentucky, Western Michigan

There are 55 teams on this list. Only two are scheduled at this time. Some of these teams (e.g., LSU, Virginia, Wake Forest) have seen national prominence in recent years. With these teams to draw on why are we scheduling FBS teams?

I would like to see us play Boston College and UVA.
LunchTime
MugsVanSant said:

We schedule FBS teams because we are an FBS team.

We schedule FCS teams because game theory isn't just two words strung together.
ColoradoBear
MugsVanSant said:

But who cares?

P5 vs g5....

We aren't playing buffalo ever.
LateHit
We lost the season opener at Boston College in 1986.
Weird one game "series".
89Bear
I am not thrilled to play anyone on that list. I would put Virginia as number one if I had to pick a team.
LunchTime
89Bear said:

I am not thrilled to play anyone on that list. I would put Virginia as number one if I had to pick a team.
holy cow. Reading that lost there are maybe 4 teams that I would think were a net positive to a home schedule over Davis.

Virginia, Florida State, and two at large teams to be announced. Otherwise I see a tone of teams I can't believe are FBS.
cal83dls79
dimitrig said:

MugsVanSant said:

I would like to see us play Boston College and UVA.

ill second that
71Bear
LunchTime said:

MugsVanSant said:

You need to do more research.

Cal has played BC, Iowa State and SMU. Also, only nine of those schools are P5 (ex. Auburn). I am not interested in seeing Cal play the non - P5 schools you listed. They might as well play Davis or Sac State.
OdontoBear66
I would like BC, UVa, Kentucky, MSU, NC State, Okie State,
MilleniaBear
Anybody know the details of the Boston College contract? Seems odd that we traveled there (the Mark Hicks has tape all over his shoes n keeps slipping game) but never got a return game. Did they buy their way out? Or did we lose track with change in ADs?

I like playing LSU, Virginia, and Boise State but only as home and home. I hate the away game to ND without a return visit by them.
bear2034
Virginia is my top pick as well. Charlottesville is so beautiful in the fall but a little hard to get to.

YamhillBear
We played BC in Boston, I think in the late '80s. I went to the game --- flew out on the old World Airways, they went out of business the next day, luckily another airline took the ticket and got me back home!
cal83dls79
YamhillBear said:

We played BC in Boston, I think in the late '80s. I went to the game --- flew out on the old World Airways, they went out of business the next day, luckily another airline took the ticket and got me back home!
strange. My dad played for BC on the 40s during the war. Took him down to see SC play BC where I saw Romo make 40 tackles . He was a stud but eventually a nut job imho . Also took him to an Emerald Bowl or some local bowl and he cried when he heard the fight song at the alumni dinner. **** matters
LunchTime
71Bear said:

LunchTime said:

MugsVanSant said:

Cal has played BC, Iowa State and SMU. Also, only nine of those schools are P5 (ex. Auburn). I am not interested in seeing Cal play the non - P5 schools you listed. They might as well play Davis or Sac State.
?
LunchTime
cal83dls79 said:

YamhillBear said:

strange. My dad played for BC on the 40s during the war. Took him down to see SC play BC where I saw Romo make 40 tackles . He was a stud but eventually a nut job imho . Also took him to an Emerald Bowl or some local bowl and he cried when he heard the fight song at the alumni dinner. **** matters
BC vs Nevada, 2010 when Nevada won 13 games IIRC.

That was also the year Nevada had three 1,000 yard rushers in the backfield, including that one guy.
71Bear
LunchTime said:

71Bear said:

LunchTime said:

MugsVanSant said:

?
Response intended for OP (to which you responded)....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.