Story Poster
Photo by Twitter / Kaleb Elarms-Orr
Cal Football

Elarms-Orr Talks Recruiting

April 8, 2020

2021 6-3/220 Moreau Catholic (Hayward, CA) inside linebacker Kaleb Elarms-Orr‍ has seen list of offers grow to 14 since being offered by the Bears last month, holding offers from Cal, Arizona, Colorado, Washington State and more.

With unofficial visits off the table for the last month, calls, letters, social media and more have replaced visits and combines for Elarms-Orr and his fellow 2021 recruits.

“Schools I’ve been in contact with a lot the last few weeks include Kansas, Arizona, Cal, Fresno State, Nevada, Colorado State, Colorado,” said Elarms-Orr. “It’s pretty much a mix of all the schools that offered me so far. And schools that haven’t offered who have been in touch include USC, Stanford, Oregon State and some others.

“I’ve been getting a lot of calls and a lot of texting, hand-written letters in the mail and stuff like that.”

With the social distancing guidelines, players have to get creative to stay in peak condition and Elarms-Orr is no exception.

“I’m at my dad’s house right now,” said the Hayward LB. “I’ve been doing a lot of cardio. He’s a track coach so I’ve been doing a lot of track workouts and upper body work. I have a pool here so I do a lot of pool workouts, too. And at my mom’s house, I have a little mini weight room there. I have a squat rack so I can do squats. I can do bench, pullup bar, punching bag and different weight workouts. And I run around the neighorhood because I don’t want to get slow in my down time.”

The 3 star LB has a connection to Cal of sorts, with his mom obtaining her masters at Cal, where he lived near campus as an infant.

“My mom loved every second of it, she said,” said Elarms-Orr. “She said she took me to class and around campus and lived in Berkeley. I was too young to remember it but that’s pretty cool.I think it’s great. From what I heard from her, she had a really great time there.”

While he’s received encouragement and advice from his parents, the talented LB isn’t feeling any pressure to stay home or lean one way or another.

“They said they can tell me whatever they want and like whoever they like, but ultimately it’s my decision,” said Elarms-Orr. “I don’t really have a problem going far. I kind of want to stay closer but whatever place feels like home. I wouldn’t mind going away for 3-4 years and just handling business. Going far really isn’t a problem if it happens. They just want what’s best for me.”

As the local program just a half hour away Cal has been active in his recruitment and the relationship built is a strong one.

“I’m in contact with the whole coaching staff,” said Elarms-Orr. “They’ve been great. Nothing but love from Cal. Coach Sirmon and I have a great relationship. We text every day, every other day. He’s a great coach. He sees me as a very versatile defender in their defense. Nothing but love from Cal.”

As for his recruiting priorities, Elarms-Orr noted that he wants to major in business, so a strong academic profile and business program is important to him, particulary with a mother who’s an educator.

“Relationships with the coaching staff and how well they get along with me but also my parents is also important to me,” said the 3 star LB. “If my parents don’t like you, it’s kind of a wrap. Also, where they see my playing would play a role. I could play a lot of different positions but if a program would use me in a way I could be iffy on, that could be a factor.

“Also, location’s not a big deal but it kind of is a big deal because every kid wants to get that great college experience. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime thing. It’s not a huge factor but it will be a factor I’ll consider.”

Elarms-Orr had an extremely productive junior season, compiling an impressive 121 tackles, 35 tackles for loss and 14 sacks in just 10 games for the Mariners.

Other stories:

Bears High on McCarron’s Radar

Four Pro Bears Earn Spots On NFL’s 2010s All-Decade Team

Discussion from...

Elarms-Orr Talks Recruiting

5,656 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 82gradDLSdad
bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6'3" and 220 lbs! Would play at 235 - 240? Stay at home!
CalFan777
His film is great! He is as big as a lot of the linemen he faces but he blows right past them. Very quick first step and explodes into the backfield and into pursuit! He could play inside or outside.
burritos
Dang! His highlight film is f-ing awesome.
82gradDLSdad
burritos said:

Dang! His highlight film is f-ing awesome.

He makes the left tackles look like me when I played.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.