Story Poster
Photo by Twitter / Chinedu Udeogu
Cal Football

Senior DE/TE Chinedu Udeogu to Grad Transfer to Illinois

May 16, 2020

A couple months after entering his name in the grad transfer portal, senior DE/TE Chinedu Udeogu announced his transfer to Illinois.

The 6-4/275 senior spent four years in the Cal program, playing defensive end after redshirting freshman season in 2016, totalling 20 tackles as a Bear. 

Udeogu had moved to tight end in the spring.

The newly-minted Cal grad announced his transfer today via Twitter, saying:

“I’m truly grateful for the opportunity to be graduating from The University of California, Berkeley with a B.S. in Business Administration, along with the opportunity to represent Cal these last four years on the football field.

“After missing last season to injury, I’m excited to announce that I’ll be continuing my athletic and academic journey at the University of Illinois, receiving a Master of Science in Economics!

Udeugo was recruited by Cal out of Georgetown Prep in Bethesda, Maryland in 2016, rated 3 stars by Scout/247 and 2 stars by Rivals.

The Bears faced the Illini in their last contest, a solid 35-20 victory for Cal in the Redbox Bowl at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara in December.

Other stories:

Virtual Commencement 2 pm Sat.. Morning Event Honors Athletes

Thursday Webinar: Wilcox Says Bears Could Hold Training Camp Outside Berkeley

Discussion from...

Senior DE/TE Chinedu Udeogu to Grad Transfer to Illinois

5,682 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by calumnus
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Sad to lose him, but he got his degree and now he's going to grad school! Way to represent Cal!
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

Sad to lose him, but he got his degree and now he's going to grad school! Way to represent Cal!

And it will be two pretty nice degrees from two of the best universities in the world.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.