Story Poster
Photo by Twitter / Fatu Iosefa
Cal Football

Iosefa Keeps it in the Family With Commitment to Cal

June 12, 2020

6-0/176 Mililani (Mililani, Hawaii) High School defensive back Fatuvalu Iosefa‍ just became the eighth member of Cal’s 2021 recruiting class with his commitment to Cal today.

The rising senior DB announced his commitment via twitter today, saying: “I’m excited to announce my verbal commitment to UC Berkeley! All glory to God. Without him, none of this would be possible. Thank you Coach Justin Wilcox, Coach Sirmon, Coach Yates, Coach Tuiasosopo, Benji Palu, Marshall Cherrington and Coach Conry. Aiga! Go Bears!

Iosefa’s commitment comes just six months after his brother Muelu Iosefa‍‍ committed to Cal and signed with the program in December after battling it out with USC for his services.

The versatile Iosefa played both corner and safety for Mililani and has the coverage skills and tackling and hitting ability to play either inside or outside for the Bears.

The Bears beat out Nebraska, BYU and Oregon State for Iosefa’s services.

Other stories:

Pawlawski's Take on Bears' Prospects, Pac-12

Cal Bears Stand United For Racial Justice

Discussion from...

Iosefa Keeps it in the Family With Commitment to Cal

8,040 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by flounder
LACalFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BancroftBear93
Right on. Welcome to Cal, Fatu! Any more brothers in the pipeline?
heartofthebear
Perfect
Family connections and we needed some more safeties.
Welcome Fatuvalu
calumnus
Talofa! E como mai!

15 years ago visited Mililani High when I had a job offer in Hawaii and was set and excited to send my daughters there. Great school, best public school in Hawaii other than the team name and colors. VP was a Cal grad and shared my sentiment.
chazzed
Nice! Welcome to Cal, Fatuvalu!

91Cal
Go Bears!
flounder
might have to go check him out in person this year (if there is football), his high school is right by Schofield Barracks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.