J Michael Sturdivant commits to Cal

7,292 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by golden sloth
GivemTheAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GivemTheAxe said:

burritos said:

Will he be as good as Maki Polk? If he is, then damn.

Per comments made at the 2020 Cal recruiting event, Polk came in under the radar as an athlete. He played Offense and Defense and Special Teams The recruiters knew he was good. But not how good.
Polk had a slow start but some good catches. Starting with the WSU game he really came to the fore.
Radical Bear
Woot woot!!
Blueblood
71Bear said:

Schroeder71 said:

Cal's top wide receiver recruit since Demetrius Robertson. Huge "get" for Wilcox & Co. GO BEARS!
Remigio was also a four star (24/7 composite).

Hey Steve, good to see you posting on the non-pay site.
Yeah, I second the sentiment. I thought S71 passed away or something....sorry....I realize that he's now upperclass.
71Bear
Blueblood said:

71Bear said:

Schroeder71 said:

Cal's top wide receiver recruit since Demetrius Robertson. Huge "get" for Wilcox & Co. GO BEARS!
Remigio was also a four star (24/7 composite).

Hey Steve, good to see you posting on the non-pay site.
Yeah, I second the sentiment. I thought S71 passed away or something....sorry....I realize that he's now upperclass.
Yep. You and me, Blue - we're the pillars of the downstairs crowd.
Bearly Clad
burritos said:

Makai is a great player for us, he's one of the stars of our team and I love him for it. But JMike is significantly higher rated and recruited than Makai was as a prep athlete
kirklandblue
You know it - You tell the story; Bear Territory just keeps looking better and better! Great job to JW and all the staff for hard work and diligence in showing Cal in its true light!
golden sloth
It's a long way until signing day, but this class is shaping up as a potential turning point class (in a very good way).
BearfanEric
Yes, this class looks to be very good. However, I want to see more top level defense recruits, RB, another WR or 2 and more O-line players. Would be nice to see some more 4 star rated talents as well. I am liking this class a lot so far though.
upsetof86
I want high rated guys who are our OKG and actually stay and play and their team mates like and respect them. Didnt you see the Draft with Kevin Costner?
burritos
Bearly Clad said:

burritos said:

Makai is a great player for us, he's one of the stars of our team and I love him for it. But JMike is significantly higher rated and recruited than Makai was as a prep athlete
Only maybe DJax and Keenan Allen as a true frosh has performed better than Makai(for the games played) in the last 2 decades. I'd rank Makai slightly higher than Marvin Jones as a true frosh performance. These three are/were NFL starters. Definitely better than Demetrius. It could be a fluke year, but I have faith with coaching development.
burritos

Mea Culpa, sorta.
concernedparent
burritos said:

Bearly Clad said:

burritos said:

Only maybe DJax and Keenan Allen as a true frosh has performed better than Makai(for the games played) in the last 2 decades. I'd rank Makai slightly higher than Marvin Jones as a true frosh performance. These three are/were NFL starters. Definitely better than Demetrius. It could be a fluke year, but I have faith with coaching development.

Drob: 50, 767, 7
Chris Harper: 41, 544, 2
Makai: 19, 295, 2

Marvin Jones caught one pass as a true freshman.

burritos
concernedparent said:

burritos said:

Bearly Clad said:

burritos said:

Wow. My bad, my impression of Makai vs the stats are way off. Did Makai play all games his frosh year?
CAL6371
GREAT TO HAVE HIM - FUTURE STAR & HIGH ROUND DRAFT PICK
Big C
burritos said:

concernedparent said:

burritos said:

Bearly Clad said:

burritos said:

Wow. My bad, my impression of Makai vs the stats are way off. Did Makai play all games his frosh year?

Makai got into most all of the games, IIRC, but wasn't becoming a preferred target until the last few. The last impressions he made are the ones we remember!

Speaking of freshmen receivers, how were Robert Jordan's stats? Am I remembering the name correctly?

Really looking forward to J Michael Sturdivant and the other 2021 offensive skill position players!
golden sloth
concernedparent said:

burritos said:

Bearly Clad said:

burritos said:

If I remember correctly, marvin had gotten injured early in the season, but had unfortunately already burned the redshirt.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.