Goff vs. DeSean

1,901 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bonsallbear
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When Jared Goff was a kid, DeSean Jackson threw gloves at him.

In minutes, they'll be playing in the same game for the first time.
72CalBear
Rams 37-19 Wentz 26/43 242 yds 0 TD. Desean 6/64 0 TD. Goff 20/27 267 yds 3 TDs.
bearister
72CalBear said:

Rams 37-19 Wentz 26/43 242 yds 0 TD. Desean 6/64 0 TD. Goff 20/27 267 yds 3 TDs.

Wentz QB Rating: 56.7

Goff QB Rating: 142
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
chazzed
Goff's touch is still second to none.
bearister
chazzed said:

I attended all of his home games as a Bear. My takeaway: How does this kid manage to still throw darts with 2.5 seconds of protection and getting sacked every other play?
bonsallbear
chazzed said:

Not to quibble but he did overthrow a wide open receiver in the end zone.
Bearly Clad
Both those guys had good games. DeSean's 6 catches for 64 yards might not be a ridiculous day volume-wise, but Eagles WRs only had 110 receiving yards on the day and DJax had 58% of them.

He also led all Philly offensive players in yards per catch except for RB Miles Sanders who had a couple big gains out of the backfield (10.7 yards/catch for DeSean and 12.0 for Sanders) DeSean also saw the most coverage by Jalen Ramsey in this game which is about the highest compliment you can give a receiver; Ramsey was only targeted twice in the game (once while covering DeSean) and gave up no completions.

The Rams had Ramsey covering DeSean or Reagor on most snaps and it was clear they put a defensive emphasis on preventing downfield shots this week; so with the Rams taking away DeSean's best routes he still had a healthy share of the offense, almost 11 y/c, and 6 of the 11 receptions by the Eagle's receivers. Not a great day but far from a bad one by DeSean.

Jared's done a great job running the Rams offense this year, the first game they left a lot on the table but showed how dynamic an offense they'll have this year. Week 2 it really started coming together. His numbers from Sunday were good, he went 20-27 for 267 yards and 3 TDs, he took 1 sack, averaged 13.4 yards yards/completion, and had a passer rating of 142.1.

Even during a disappointing 2019 season for the Rams with a makeshift OL Jared Goff led the league in big time throws (per PFF) and threw zero red zone interceptions all season but he's taking his efficient play to another level this season. He's completing 69% of his passes, he's taken only two sacks so far (2nd fewest next to Rogers; MNF teams excluded with only one game played apiece), and he's one of two QBs in the league with no turnover worthy plays through two games (again with Aaron Rodgers).

That 13-13 start Jared had (Career record and tops in the NFL through 2 games this season) for 158 yards and 2 TDs gets a lot of credit, but the Rams and Jared Goff have the 2nd most efficient offense in the league right now (no surprise; #1 is the Packers and Aaron Rodgers) and have the 3rd best team point differential through two weeks (Ravens +49, Packers +30, Rams+21)
CalLax
Goff's first year at Cal was a crucible that has paid off big time. Of, course he had the talent to make it pay off.

The main thing that made him a No. 1 pick was not his arm, but his pocket presence.
bearister
bonsallbear said:

chazzed said:

With a post game QB rating of 142, a colorable argument can be made that with regard to your comment, you are so far past "quibble" that it disappeared in your rearview mirror.
bonsallbear
bearister said:

bonsallbear said:

chazzed said:

With a post game QB rating of 142, a colorable argument can be made that with regard to your comment, you are so far past "quibble" that it disappeared in your rearview mirror.
Just think what his QR would have been if he threw that 4th TD. But I'll take 142 all season long.
bearister
bonsallbear said:

bearister said:

bonsallbear said:

chazzed said:

Just think what his QR would have been if he threw that 4th TD. But I'll take 142 all season long.

There is no quit in you. You gotta respect that!
bonsallbear
bearister said:

bonsallbear said:

bearister said:

bonsallbear said:

chazzed said:

There is no quit in you. You gotta respect that!
Big Ram and Goff fan. Just want him to be perfect or close to it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.