Jordan Brown transferring

3,393 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bearmanpg
Chunger89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2021/5/3/22418369/jordan-brown-transfer-portal-arizona-wildcats-nevada-forward-mcdonalds-all-american-lloyd

Do you think Cal has a realistic shot at landing him?
BC Calfan
We may have one outside chance. Since he's a previous undergrad transfer, he's not immediately eligible without a waiver. A move close to home could grant him that waiver. Of course that means he could end up at St. Mary, Furd or SJSU. And with the way our recruiting is currently going...
SFCityBear
BC Calfan said:

We may have one outside chance. Since he's a previous undergrad transfer, he's not immediately eligible without a waiver. A move close to home could grant him that waiver. Of course that means he could end up at St. Mary, Furd or SJSU. And with the way our recruiting is currently going...
or Santa Clara.
SFCityBear
Golden One
Chunger89 said:

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2021/5/3/22418369/jordan-brown-transfer-portal-arizona-wildcats-nevada-forward-mcdonalds-all-american-lloyd

Do you think Cal has a realistic shot at landing him?
No.
Civil Bear
SFCityBear said:

BC Calfan said:

or Santa Clara.
Wut, no luv for USF?
bearmanpg
Civil Bear said:

SFCityBear said:

BC Calfan said:

or Santa Clara.
Wut, no luv for USF?
He's from Roseville so Sac State is the real home landing school....
bearister
SFCityBear said:

BC Calfan said:

or Santa Clara.

Go Broncos!

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
SFCityBear
Civil Bear said:

SFCityBear said:

BC Calfan said:

or Santa Clara.
Wut, no luv for USF?
I'm a Cal man, so I have no love for any other Bay Area teams, unless they are playing one of our rivals, or playing a team outside the Bay Area.

But you are right. USF should be included in the list of schools which might be attractive to recruits for one reason or another. USF has the best basketball history of any team in the Bay Area. And as long as we are at it, I think Pacific should be added to the list, as they have a better history than San Jose State, which would not be on my list. The USF program history is clearly the best, Cal second, and Stanford a close 3rd, then Santa Clara, and a dropoff from there. Here are the records:

National Championships:

USF: 17 appearances, (25-15) 4 Final Fours, 3 Titles
Cal: 19 appearances, (20-19) 3 Final Fours, one Title, one runnerup.
Stanford: 17 appearances, (23-16) 2 Final Fours, one Title
Santa Clara, 11 appearances (11-13) one Final Four
St Mary's, 10 appearances (5-10)
Pacific, 9 appearances (4-10)
SJSU, 3 appearances, (0-3)

Other Records:

USF: 0.578 overall winning percentage, 15 conference championships
Cal: 0.574 overall winning percentage, 13 conference championships
Stanford: 0.568 overall winning percentage, 11 conference championships
Santa Clara: 0.573 overall winning percentage, 9 conference championships
St Mary's: 0.524 overall winning percentage, 7 conference championships
Pacific: 0.504 overall winning percentage, 8 conference championships
San Jose State: 0.405 overall winning percentage, one conference championship

Last Season:

USF: 11-14, 8th place in WCC
Cal: 9-20, 12th place in PAC 12
Stanford: 14-13, 6th place in PAC 12
Santa Clara: 12-8, 6th place in WCC
St Mary's: 14-10, 8th place in WCC
Pacific: 9-9, 5th place in WCC
SJS: 5-16, 10th place in MWC

That is 74-90 won-loss record for the area's D1 schools, and the best conference finish was Stanford and Santa Clara at 6th. If I'm a hot shot recruit, why would I go to any school in the Bay Area? If I am dead set on coming to the Bay Area, I'd come first to Cal for two reasons: I might have a better chance to start right away, and of course, the education and Cal degree. And maybe the girls. I haven't been on campus in over a year, and neither have the girls, so I can't make a judgment on the current situation.

SFCityBear
Chunger89
https://instagr.am/p/CPbYIMoLi7i

He's transferring to Louisiana Cajuns. Seemed puzzling at first, but did some digging and found that's his dad's alma mater. Best of luck to him there!
tsubamoto2001
Weird, even if it's his dad's alma mater. Went from a McD's AA to a 2-time transfer. Wish Cal's program was stable enough to be a factor for any prospects of note these days. Hopefully some time soon.

Chunger89 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CPbYIMoLi7i

He's transferring to Louisiana Cajuns. Seemed puzzling at first, but did some digging and found that's his dad's alma mater. Best of luck to him there!
HoopDreams
the good news is if Jordan Brown transfers again, he will transfer to Cal as we are the last of his original finalists

Go Bears!
calumnus
HoopDreams said:

the good news is if Jordan Brown transfers again, he will transfer to Cal as we are the last of his original finalists

Go Bears!

Grad transfer?
bearmanpg
calumnus said:

HoopDreams said:

Go Bears!

Grad transfer?
Yeah, but he would be 32 years old by then....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.