Nigeria stuns Team USA basketball

2,174 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by calumnus
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?

What an incredible game from Nigeria. Highlight of the night, Kevin Durant stuffed by Nigeria @ 1:40. Can someone tell Draymond that trash talking in an exhibition match before the Olympics makes him and his country look foolish? Oh yeah, Team USA lost.

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
HoopDreams
Thx for posting

Is there a box score?

BearForce2 said:

What an incredible game from Nigeria. Highlight of the night, Kevin Durant stuffed by Nigeria @ 1:40. Can someone tell Draymond that trash talking in an exhibition match before the Olympics makes him and his country look foolish? Oh yeah, Team USA lost.

BearForce2
HoopDreams said:

Thx for posting

Is there a box score?

It seems like Team USA took it down.

But we have this.

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Big C

Good wake up call for the US: Nowadays, tons of countries have good players. You can't just show up.
bearister
Nine years ago, the U.S. beat Nigeria by 83 points at the London Games.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big Dog
but wait, there's more.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/31808700/team-usa-falls-0-2-olympic-exhibitions-loss-australia
BearForce2
Big C said:

Good wake up call for the US: Nowadays, tons of countries have good players. You can't just show up.

I think they're still asleep, Team USA loses again, this time to Australia.
BearForce2
Big Dog said:

but wait, there's more.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/31808700/team-usa-falls-0-2-olympic-exhibitions-loss-australia

Damien Lillard had a red hot first half and went cold. Team USA would have been blown out without Lillard.
socaltownie
BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

I think that the quote about the other nations having starting 5s that are NBA players is frankly telling. There is a LOT of international talent out there.
BearForce2
bearister said:

Nine years ago, the U.S. beat Nigeria by 83 points at the London Games.

In 9 years maybe Nigeria can learn Ice hockey and beat Canada.
Big C
BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

The wake up call is now a loud smoke alarm!

I always used to really root for Team USA in men's basketball, even teams like the Dream Team, which was sort of like rooting for Google or Amazon. Now I find myself just shaking my head, when they lose. I suppose I'll get revitalized, to some extent, when the real games start. We'll see.
calumnus
Of Cal note: Fox has landed, both at Georgia and Cal, a number of players who were/are African immigrants or sons of immigrants, especially Nigerian. I think these results show that Is not a bad strategy.

(See SF, I do say nice things about Fox when they are warranted).
Big C

Speaking of Cal recruiting and countries that have recently defeated Team USA, our Assistant Chris Harriman is from Australia and Grant Anticevich, having chosen to return for a 5th season, could also probably speak highly of Cal, in a language those Aussies could understand. Let's go!
SFCityBear
calumnus said:

Of Cal note: Fox has landed, both at Georgia and Cal, a number of players who were/are African immigrants or sons of immigrants, especially Nigerian. I think these results show that Is not a bad strategy.

I thank you, and Fox thanks you for this. It is not much, but it is a start. Fox has brought some players from Nigeria to Georgia, just not to Cal as yet. I eagerly await his first Nigerian recruit, whoever he might be. If the caliber of those players on Nigeria's national team which defeated our NBA stars even in an exhibition is any guide, Fox had best get back to Africa soon on a business trip for Cal basketball.
SFCityBear
helltopay1
I petitioned my solicitor for a permanent divorce when the Olympic Committee allowed professional athletes to compete in thge games....I also sued for flagrant malpractice when men, seduced by the transgender phase ( AKA Racket) petitioned the Committee to compete as "women." Notice.......You don't find any examples of women petitioning to compete as men.....gee....what a surprise...Hey..Olympic Committee...I've got your Games right here!!!!!
helltopay1
Studies have found that EVEN if men have their testes removed and undergo hormone treatment, replacement, etc, and take vALL the tests in the world, they STILL have a terrific advantage against females because of their muscle mass..That we even THINK of allowing this preposterous travesty speaks of a once normal, common-sense Country circling the drain at a faster and faster clip....

Quick question for the usual white liberal suspects who are down with this Frankenstein tinkering of the human body....You have a terrific pure female athlete who was favored in an Olympic event....Then, along comes Bruce...formerly known as cute Nancy who manages to convince the "right" folks that voila.....Bruce is now Nancy, and, as a result, will compete against your precious daughter, who has trained 24 hours a day ALL her life to compete against other females in her chosen event....Bruce ( Nancy) competes against your precious daughter and humiliates her so badly in front of millions that she bursts into tears.....Your response????outrage against this travesty or " there, there, Dear....You'll just have to try harder next time." .
helltopay1
Mary Shelley wr ote Frankenstein when she was18 years old!!!!!!!!The message??????DO NOT TINKER WITH GOD"S CREATION...DO NOT DIG UP DEAD BODIES AND BRING THEM BACK TO THE LAB FOR EXPERIMENTATION...DO NOT TRDY TO MAKE MEN INTO WOMEN..DO NOT TRY TO MAKE WOMEN INTO MEN..THIS IS A JUDEO_ CHRISTIAN NATION...NOT A LAB EXPERIMENT CONDUCTED BY RADICALS IN PURSUANT OF A PREFERRED SOCIETAL ORDER..MARY KNEW THAT THE TENDER AGE OF 18!!!!
calumnus
SFCityBear said:

calumnus said:

I thank you, and Fox thanks you for this. It is not much, but it is a start. Fox has brought some players from Nigeria to Georgia, just not to Cal as yet. I eagerly await his first Nigerian recruit, whoever he might be. If the caliber of those players on Nigeria's national team which defeated our NBA stars even in an exhibition is any guide, Fox had best get back to Africa soon on a business trip for Cal basketball.

I believe Anyanwu and Alajiki are both sons of Nigerian immigrants. Kuony fits the broader profile of "immigrants, or sons of immigrants from Africa with a concentration on Nigeria."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.