Cal announces Haas attendance policy for volleyball

1,802 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bearister
ColoradoBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://calbears.com/news/2021/9/9/cal-volleyball-announces-2021-attendance-policy.aspx

Crowds limited to 1k.
Proof of vaccination required.
No concessions.
No eating or drinking inside, but in and out allowed to do so outside. (So basically no chin diaper all game while 'actively drinking')

Seems like Cal is going beyond the COB/state requirements.

State orders expire/ can be amended on Nov 1, so it might be awhile before policies for basketball are known.

Hard to imagine pro sports teams would have to go to no concessions.

oskidunker
Basketball has more than 1000 season ticket holders. Lets hope the rules change by then. I see it as a positive if no concessions as they arent good anyway. I can go out a drink a coke as opposed to being forced to buy Pepsi. Food trucks would do a big business. Faculty club should do a bbq. For the alcoholics this presents a problem, I guess.

I wonder how they will determine who gets in. Possibly just season ticket holders.

Also how much in advance can you get in? Was 1 hour last year. Kips still closed. Will have to find somewhere else to kill time.
89Bear
oskidunker said:

Basketball has more than 1000 season ticket holders. Lets hope the rules change by then. I see it as a positive if no concessions as they arent good anyway. I can go out a drink a coke as opposed to being forced to buy Pepsi. Food trucks would do a big business. Faculty club should do a bbq. For the alcoholics this presents a problem, I guess.

I wonder how they will determine who gets in. Possibly just season ticket holders.

Also how much in advance can you get in? Was 1 hour last year. Kips still closed. Will have to find somewhere else to kill time.
Drinkers will find a way to drink.
Hide your cooler in the bushes???
calumnus
89Bear said:

oskidunker said:

Bear's Lair is a 3 min walk according to Google.
HoopDreams
Up to 1000, no proof of vaccine needed

Over 1000, proof of vaccine needed

Cal limited weekend event to 1000 to avoid having to verify vaccine status

Under current rules, basketball will be fine
ColoradoBear
HoopDreams said:

You missed the important part that Cal is requiring proof of vaccines AND limiting VB to 1k. So Cal is doing more than COB rules call far.

I agree that there is almost no chance of basketball being limited to 1k.

In all honesty, vaccine mandates might *increase* attendance in a place like the Bay Area.

I think the no outside food and drink or concessions was the most 'interesting' part of the rules - they really won't allow someone to bring a water bottle in?
HoopDreams
ColoradoBear said:

HoopDreams said:

You missed the important part that Cal is requiring proof of vaccines AND limiting VB to 1k. So Cal is doing more than COB rules call far.

I agree that there is almost no chance of basketball being limited to 1k.

In all honesty, vaccine mandates might *increase* attendance in a place like the Bay Area.

I think the no outside food and drink or concessions was the most 'interesting' part of the rules - they really won't allow someone to bring a water bottle in?

I think announcement is poorly written

You are combining both statements

I don't think they are requiring vaccination for this weekend
bearister
89Bear said:

oskidunker said:

Last time I hid beer in the bushes was before seeing Clapton on his 461 Ocean Boulevard Tour at the Cow Palace in 1974. After the concert when we went to retrieve it, gone. Clapton sucked. He should have retired after Cream and Derek and the Doninos.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearmanpg
bearister said:

89Bear said:

oskidunker said:

Last time I hid beer in the bushes was before seeing Clapton on his 461 Ocean Boulevard Tour at the Cow Palace in 1974. After the concert when we went to retrieve it, gone. Clapton sucked. He should have retired after Cream and Derek and the Doninos.
After reading your evaluation of guitar players, I now understand why some of your other evals are questionable.....Clapton may have had a bad night but a bad night for Clapton is better than 99% of good nights for all other guitar players....
bearister
bearmanpg said:

bearister said:

89Bear said:

oskidunker said:

After reading your evaluation of guitar players, I now understand why some of your other evals are questionable.....Clapton may have had a bad night but a bad night for Clapton is better than 99% of good nights for all other guitar players....

After Derek and the Dominos, he should have self immolated. He isn't worthy to carry Jeff Beck's jock.
bearmanpg
bearister said:

bearmanpg said:

bearister said:

89Bear said:

oskidunker said:

After Derek and the Dominos, he should have self immolated. He isn't worthy to carry Jeff Beck's jock.
Beck is a very good choice....Clapton isn't my favorite either but he is certainly worthy of an audience....Some younger players that I think can stand with anyone of any era...if you have time give these a listen...

Philip Sayce:

Josh Smith and Eric Gales (either one, some critics believe Eric is the best player out there today but I prefer Josh):

Joe Bonamassa playing with Rock Candy Funk Party (I was at this gig) (if you dont have time to listen to the whole set try listening from the 12;15 mark for a few minutes):

and Gary Moore (no longer with us):

Any of these can play with Beck....

Enjoy
bearister
My Clapton playlist is 21 songs, 2 hours and 14 minutes. Only 1 song is after 1970, While My Guitar Gently Weeps at the Concert for George in 2002. But I have to admit, Clapton was on this night in 1976:

But this performance at the same concert (by a major a@sshole) was virtuoso:

*And naturally, The Band was a collection of some of the best musicians in Rock history. I can listen to their greatest hits album endlessly
bearister
And you would have enjoyed this concert I saw at the Berkeley Community Theatre when I was 17 in 1972:

The Guitar Explosion. It featured many legendary Jazz and Blues guitar players. The lineup:
Les Paul and Mary Ford, T Bone Walker, Suggie Otis, Roy Buchanan, George Benson, Robben Ford, Joe Pass and Kenny Burrell.
stu
Don't forget Michael Bloomfield. He could also compliment a vocal:

And I agree Eric Clapton was best when he was young:

bearister
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.