Question reBasketball parking permits

1,353 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Chapman_is_Gone
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thinking of buying. Is under-hill the farthest location from Haas? Paying the church $20 might be a better option unless something is closer. Most of the good parking is gone. The Ellsworth structure is now partially being used by residence halls
oskidunker
All they have is Underhill so I declined to buy a permit, which was $285.00

Rsf only now for handicapped. Ellsworth not available or the lot by the aquatic center. They are running shuttle buses from underhill. Jamming people in a shuttle bus seems like a bad idea. No thanks. I wonder why these other lots were taken away. I wish i could buy a season pass from the church. .

I wonder if they wanted everyone in one lot so they dont have to hire the people to monitor the other lots putting everyone on a crowded shuttle bus would seem to be a foolish move during a pandemic.
BeachedBear
oskidunker said:

All they have is Underhill so I declined to buy a permit, which was $285.00

Rsf only now for handicapped. Ellsworth not available or the lot by the aquatic center. They are running shuttle buses from underhill. Jamming people in a shuttle bus seems like a bad idea. No thanks. I wonder why these other lots were taken away. I wish i could buy a season pass from the church. .

I wonder if they wanted everyone in one lot so they dont have to hire the people to monitor the other lots putting everyone on a crowded shuttle bus would seem to be a foolish move during a pandemic.
I've been using Underhill for years. It is actually my preferred lot for basketball. Although it is farthest, it allows me to stroll past some of my favorite parts of Berkeley pre&post game (Durant, Telegraph, Bancroft, Sproul Plaza. etc.). When I had parking off of Allston or Center, my car was victimized a couple times by people looking for stuff. When I had parking on campus to the north, it was a dark and lonely walk post game.
oskidunker
Never had a problem parking on Durant or Channing. I usually look there and then park in the Church lot or the other advertising parking. For a 7pm game, I would often park around 5 pm in metered parking that expires at 6 pm . Across from the-old Loonies used to be good until they put bikes taking up half of it. Sometimes on Bancroft across from asuc store works. I cant imagine there will be A lot of people going this year.

You do make a good point. We used to hang out at Kips but it appears permanently closed. No place to go except The Blue Sky Cafe.
smh
huh, sooo apparently 2020's underground north-western Genetics Parking structure is off calbears' men's basketball parking list?
oskidunker
smh said:

huh, sooo apparently 2020's underground north-western Genetics Parking structure is off calbears' men's basketball parking list?
Evidently. Rebecca Ensing told me all they were given was Underhill. I sent an email to Jim Knowlton asking why.
Californication
Totally agree. Hitting Top Dog on the walk back up Durant breaks up the journey, warms the insides, and takes a little bit of the sting off another disappointing loss.
Chapman_is_Gone
Wow. You guys must RRRRREEEEAAAALLLLLLLLYYY like college basketball.
oskidunker
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Well since Chapman is gone, yes I prefer basketball.at least there are no outlandish predictions
BeachedBear
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Well.... Top Dog is still good
Chapman_is_Gone
BeachedBear said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

I hate to tell ya, but a huge new student housing building is going through the approval process that would replace all those little restaurants on Center, including west side Top Dog. Hopefully, Top Dog can find another location on that side of campus...
calumnus
Chapman_is_Gone said:

BeachedBear said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

I hate to tell ya, but a huge new student housing building is going through the approval process that would replace all those little restaurants on Center, including west side Top Dog. Hopefully, Top Dog can find another location on that side of campus...

If they were smart, any residential construction would have ground floor retail along center street. It is the major entrance to campus from BART and west side housing.

At one point there was a proposal I liked to above ground Strawberry Creek down Center Street, widen the walkways making it open only to pedestrians and creek side dinning.
BeachedBear
Chapman_is_Gone said:

BeachedBear said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

The one on Durant is more convenient if parking at Underhill. Its on the way to Haas (or on the way back). I think the one on Northside closed down years ago, no?
Chapman_is_Gone
calumnus said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

BeachedBear said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

If they were smart, any residential construction would have ground floor retail along center street. It is the major entrance to campus from BART and west side housing.

At one point there was a proposal I liked to above ground Strawberry Creek down Center Street, widen the walkways making it open only to pedestrians and creek side dinning.
It is my understanding that they determined that Strawberry Creek is one block removed from where it would ideally be to exposure it to open air. So it's a "no go." If truly interested, you might want to search the disgustingly progressive archives at Berkeleyside for better details.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.