Story Poster
Photo by © Darren Yamashita USA Today
Cal Basketball

Andre Kelly Is Out for the Season

February 4, 2022

California men's basketball senior forward Andre Kelly is expected to miss the remainder of the 2021-22 season after suffering an ankle injury against USC on Jan. 29.

"It was a heartbreaking meeting when I informed Andre of the MRI results of his injured ankle," Cal head coach Mark Fox said Friday.. "After meeting with multiple doctors, Andre is expected to make a full recovery. Sadly, that will most likely not occur before the end of our season. I am so disappointed for him as he was having such an outstanding season. His presence on the court is obviously missed. But not being able to play your final games is so hard for a young man who loves to compete. We will give him time to heal and decompress before having any conversations about his future plans."

A 6-9 senior from Stockton, California, Kelly was averaging 13.4 points and 8.4 rebounds per game through 21 games played this season. The big man currently leads the Pac-12 and ranks 12th nationally in field-goal percentage (60.7%) and is fourth all-time at Cal with a career field-goal percentage of 57.6% (403-702). His seven double-doubles this season rank second in the conference. Kelly had played in every game of his college career prior to the injury – a streak of 113 consecutive games dating back to the start of his freshman season in 2018-19.

Discussion from...

Andre Kelly Is Out for the Season

2,350 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearoutEast67
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a blow to him and the Cal basketball community. Get well Dre and thanks for coming into this season completely dedicated to being better, which you were. Your future is bright my guy.
bearister
Wyking's record is not safe.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearoutEast67
Ugh! That's a huge loss for the team. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for a healthy recovery for Kelly.
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.