Thanksgiving in Florida again

1,554 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by KoreAmBear
AunBear89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://collegehoopstoday.com/index.php/rothstein-files/field-set-for-2022-emerald-coast-classic/

Cal in Emerald Coast Classic with Iowa, TCU, and Clemson.
parentswerebears
If I'm Iowa, TCU or Clemson, I want to draw Cal for a nice easy warm up game.
socaliganbear
I know nothing about Clemson, but I imagine their roster is nowhere near as bad as ours.
calumnus
socaliganbear said:

I know nothing about Clemson, but I imagine their roster is nowhere near as bad as ours.

Clemson was a .500 team this year, but they were #71 in Ken Pom, just ahead of fellow ACC team Virginia at #72. They have some talent, certainly more than we will have next year.
mbBear
calumnus said:

socaliganbear said:

Clemson was a .500 team this year, but they were #71 in Ken Pom, just ahead of fellow ACC team Virginia at #72. They have some talent, certainly more than we will have next year.
Niceville is on the Panhandle, "Redneck Rivera" as some say. But close to some really nice beaches/cities. Very close to the Destin-Ft. Walton Airport, which is a very nice facility...
AunBear89
Initially, my response was: "Cool! A couple of power conference teams on our OOC resume."

Then I remembered why such stuff matters, and I was sad again. . .
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Bobodeluxe
I can't think of anything to type.
calumnus
Now it gets really ugly.
KoreAmBear
calumnus said:

Now it gets really ugly.
We can't beat UC Davis, Southern, and Texas State at home. Can't beat UCSD home or road. At least the players will get a chance to have some fun away in Niceville, FL on the Panhandle. Happy Thanksgiving Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.