Posts about current or former players/coaches

5,728 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by concordtom
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I have zero idea what the heck this is all about, but just let me throw this out there:

I am willing to meet anybody anywhere (anywhere that's safe) for half of that. You heard me, that's $500,000, which would make a pretty decent difference for my family's future (I am a recently retired public school teacher.).

I could bring lots of cool archival stuff. Old reg cards, my straw hat from when I played in the Straw Hat Band. Happy to answer any questions, such as why did the Cal Pom Pon Girls once lift me off the ground (Yowsa!) and what did I do to get a mention in the Zaniest Harmon Gym Moments newspaper article.

PM me, somebody with money to spend on something fun. You might not regret it. And for only $500,000, you're saving $500,000 by going with me! Not a bad deal!

Welcome back, Shocky! Do stay for awhile.
eastcoastcal
panda said:

Eastcoastcal, did you call? You have witnesses here to Shocky saying he'll pay you. We expect proof of payment if you go through with your end of the bargain
I did indeed call. Consider me a fan

You all are invited to be my witnesses at the Davis game in the fall. Dinner on me once I get my million dollars
eastcoastcal
Big C said:

I have zero idea what the heck this is all about, but just let me throw this out there:

I am willing to meet anybody anywhere (anywhere that's safe) for half of that. You heard me, that's $500,000, which would make a pretty decent difference for my family's future (I am a recently retired public school teacher.).

I could bring lots of cool archival stuff. Old reg cards, my straw hat from when I played in the Straw Hat Band. Happy to answer any questions, such as why did the Cal Pom Pon Girls once lift me off the ground (Yowsa!) and what did I do to get a mention in the Zaniest Harmon Gym Moments newspaper article.

PM me, somebody with money to spend on something fun. You might not regret it. And for only $500,000, you're saving $500,000 by going with me! Not a bad deal!

Undercutting me already!! Hahaha the straw hat band is awesome and I do want to hear about this Harmon news article. please share!
philbert
eastcoastcal said:

panda said:

Eastcoastcal, did you call? You have witnesses here to Shocky saying he'll pay you. We expect proof of payment if you go through with your end of the bargain
I did indeed call. Consider me a fan

You all are invited to be my witnesses at the Davis game in the fall. Dinner on me once I get my million dollars
I hope you'll chip in for the Fox buyout so we can get a better hoops coach.
Big C
eastcoastcal said:

Big C said:

Undercutting me already!! Hahaha the straw hat band is awesome and I do want to hear about this Harmon news article. please share!

See you at the Davis game!
GMP
Shocky1 said:

eastcoastcal, ur not being targeting or anything, i would just like to have a friendly chat with you prior to the football game on august 30th & give you $1,000,000

please feel free to invite as many friends and/or bearinsider.com posters to this fun meet up which will make your personal financial situation less challenging as "a starving student" earring their degree from the #1 ranked public university in the world

are u willing to meet at this time & date?...i'm also more than happy to make alternative plans to better meet the demands of ur academic studies

ur free to do what u want with the $1,000,000...coupled with greg's other bet with me you two could successfully finance the $2,000,000 nil requirements of harlen sr to ensure jaden's committing on june 18th to the california golden bears

Instead of these dumb bets, why not just fund it yourself?
GMP
Big C said:

panda said:

Im assuming its the post about a player tearing their ACL. In which case if that isnt true, it would be right to delete it.

That post is still there, in the thread entitled "The final spot". I'm actually clueless as to what exactly is being discussed here.

My guess is it has to do with the bet Shocky has extended to Greg.
BearGreg
Staff
Shocky1 said:

hey greg, please let me if ur also (like eastcoastcal) gonna also accept my $1,000,000 jaylen brown zoom bet that u originally originated?

and probably just a coincidence but in the last 2 minutes my ability to use the link function to post videos just got terminated, would u please fix that

dom arigato
Good to see you back here Bill. I hope you can live within our terms of service.

As I hope you know, the point I made about Coach Fox is that he is not dirty nor do I believe he has ever paid a player. The fact that a Georgia booster may have reached out to Jaylen Brown would not be surprising if true nor would it change my view that Coach Fox was not in the least involved. And as I've said elsewhere on this forum, rumors without links/supported facts about players and coaches are no bueno.
BearGreg
Staff
GMP said:

Big C said:

panda said:

Im assuming its the post about a player tearing their ACL. In which case if that isnt true, it would be right to delete it.

That post is still there, in the thread entitled "The final spot". I'm actually clueless as to what exactly is being discussed here.

My guess is it has to do with the bet Shocky has extended to Greg.
There was a post here about a former Cal player that used innuendo and rumor. It was deleted.
concordtom
BearGreg said:

…..The fact that a Georgia booster may have reached out to Jaylen Brown would not be surprising if true nor would it change my view that ….

Go Celtics!
I hope Jaylen gets a very warm welcome back to the Bay in the Finals!!!
He may be my favorite Cal player all-time.
panda
concordtom said:

BearGreg said:

…..The fact that a Georgia booster may have reached out to Jaylen Brown would not be surprising if true nor would it change my view that ….

Go Celtics!

And by warm welcome - you mean a front row seat to the Poole Party along with a good solid butt kicking, then yes, I hope he gets one like JKidd just got.
calumnus
BearGreg said:

Shocky1 said:

hey greg, please let me if ur also (like eastcoastcal) gonna also accept my $1,000,000 jaylen brown zoom bet that u originally originated?

and probably just a coincidence but in the last 2 minutes my ability to use the link function to post videos just got terminated, would u please fix that

dom arigato
Good to see you back here Bill. I hope you can live within our terms of service.

As I hope you know, the point I made about Coach Fox is that he is not dirty nor do I believe he has ever paid a player. The fact that a Georgia booster may have reached out to Jaylen Brown would not be surprising if true nor would it change my view that Coach Fox was not in the least involved. And as I've said elsewhere on this forum, rumors without links/supported facts about players and coaches are no bueno.

Yes, Georgia boosters were/are notorious (there was an article by a Georgia "bagman" that I posted here previously).

That is why when any SEC coach, especially a Georgia coach, is sanctimonious about "doing it the right way" and complains about how everyone else is cheating and ruining the sport he loves, many people view it as disingenuous or worse. No one ever accused him of giving the players or their families money, but how can he know for sure that no one else did?

Besides, it is all legal and permitted now. It is like talking about weed smoking in the past now that it is legal, especially if no one actually accused him of doing it. Who knows maybe if Jalen was offered and accepted the money and Fox found out he would have reported it to the NCAA (like Bozeman did when he found out about Tremaine Fowlkes' car)? I can't see why that is something that needs to be censored?
concordtom
panda said:

concordtom said:

BearGreg said:

Go Celtics!

And by warm welcome - you mean a front row seat to the Poole Party along with a good solid butt kicking, then yes, I hope he gets one like JKidd just got.

Or score 40 in a loss, like last night in Miami. That'd be alright!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.