Official Bears vs Bobcats Game Thread

10,042 Views | 211 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by annarborbear
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oakbear said:

22points in a half, will we break 50

Horrible offense
How much worse would it have been without hitting 4 of 8 threes?
KoreAmBear
sluggo said:

KoreAmBear said:

calumnus said:

calgldnbear said:

I know Fox doesn't have a ton of bodies to play but the slow pace boring basketball is not very fun. Add losing to that and it is unwatchable

But he said this is his deepest team?
Fox knows his job his on the line and we keep coming up with stinkers game after game against low mid-majors? Let's move on ASAP please.
Peter Knowlton wanted to extend him, and did in some sense. Job on the line? Don't you know all the hardships Fox has suffered?
What is he waiting for? Fire Fox and see if there can be some life the rest of the season.
HoopDreams
so lars sealing smaller defender high

askew 5 feet away staring him down

bounce passes to him and defender swipes at ball from behind for a turnover

askew jawing at lars

braun says both players at fault… lars didn't catch tge ball… askew should pass in a place his teammate can handle it

i would add the pass was advertised and wouldn't have accomplished anything anyway
calumnus
calgldnbear said:

Between the careless turnovers, dribbling into a crowd and getting rejected, and then constantly letting the other team set up their defense …. I am not sure what the game plan is. Maybe losing gets a higher draft pick next year. Oh wait….

It's the Producers. He wants to get fired and get paid the buyout. Then he can sit on a beach somewhere enjoying the $millions Knowlton gave him.
KoreAmBear
HoopDreams said:

askew jawing at lars

braun says both players at fault… lars didn't catch tge ball… askew should pass in a place his teammate can handle it

i would add the pass was advertised and wouldn't have accomplished anything anyway
Askew looks frustrated and could be the first to give up. We'll see.

It's just so bad.
calumnus
HoopDreams said:

askew jawing at lars

Agree with you.That does not reflect well on Askew, Lars, Fox or Braun.
stu
Does anyone remember a Fox team playing zone? We're not allowing a lot of great shots but we are giving up offensive rebounds.
sluggo
calumnus said:

calgldnbear said:

Between the careless turnovers, dribbling into a crowd and getting rejected, and then constantly letting the other team set up their defense …. I am not sure what the game plan is. Maybe losing gets a higher draft pick next year. Oh wait….

It's the Producers. He wants to get fired and get paid the buyout. Then he can sit on a beach somewhere enjoying the $millions Knowlton gave him.
More like the Disaster Artist. He has effortlessly built the worst team in Cal history. He does need to sabotage anything.
calumnus
KoreAmBear said:

HoopDreams said:

askew jawing at lars

It's just so bad.

Dude played at Mater Dei, Kentucky, Texas and now this…. but I don't think he realizes that he is no better than any other player on this team.
BC Calfan
Yeah I get a sense Fox is overplaying the injuries. Makes me question if Marsalis really needs a boot. And he says Clayton is healthy just hasn't practiced. Interesting. Doesn't have enough pure talent to get in game for an 0-4 team that desperately needs talent?

Braun saying "Fox was expecting Celestine and Clayton to be his top 2 scorers." Ok, Mark.

He knows the injury excuse is all he's got. The sad thing is even w those injuries and decent coach would be 3-1.
KoreAmBear
What's encouraging is that it looks like we could compete in the Sun Belt Conference.
KoreAmBear
BC Calfan said:

Yeah I get a sense Fox is overplaying the injuries. Makes me question if Marsalis really needs a boot. And he says Clayton is healthy just hasn't practiced. Interesting. Doesn't have enough pure talent to get in game for an 0-4 team that desperately needs talent?

Braun saying "Fox was expecting Celestine and Clayton to be his top 2 scorers." Ok, Mark.

He knows the injury excuse is all he's got. The sad thing is even w those injuries and decent coach would be 3-1.
Oh yah there is no doubt he's asking his SID to push that injury narrative when it wouldn't matter much if any or all of them came back.
HoopDreams
we signed a new walk on last week

hes a healthy guard!

BC Calfan said:

stu
KoreAmBear said:

What's encouraging is that it looks like we could compete in the Sun Belt Conference.
Is there a HC opening there?
sluggo
calumnus said:

KoreAmBear said:

HoopDreams said:

askew jawing at lars

It's just so bad.

Dude played at Mater Dei, Kentucky, Texas and now this…. but I don't think he realizes that he is no better than any other player on this team.
He peaked early. It happens. But he does not seems aware of this. Not the only player on Cal's roster who peaked early.
bearister
KenBurnski said:

I liked Necessary Roughness. Kathy Ireland had a tremendous performance.

Age 59:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
KoreAmBear
calumnus said:

KoreAmBear said:

HoopDreams said:

askew jawing at lars

It's just so bad.

He'd be OK as a 3rd or 4th option.
bearister
KoreAmBear said:

Final play of the half a Lars three at the buzzer. Oh man.

It was it and out. On target but bad ball rotation.
calumnus
BC Calfan said:

He was hyping Newell before the season.

Was it two years ago when he had a bunch of gullible people believing we were losing because he didn't have Fresno transfer Hyder available?

HoopDreams
first play out of half and player walks up to line and shoots uncontested 3
calumnus
34-27 Bobcats
sluggo
calumnus said:

BC Calfan said:

Was it two years ago when he had a bunch of gullible people believing we were losing because he didn't have Fresno transfer Hyder available?

Newell will be a good player. Maybe not at Cal. I can't say that about any of the others.
calumnus
HoopDreams said:

Fox teams do a poor job of making threes and defending threes.
KoreAmBear
calumnus said:

34-27 Bobcats
T on Kuany. I feel so bad for these young men.
HoopDreams
2k with 4 fouls

i guess halftime talk wasn't effective
bearister
If we lose, and it was an away game, I believe the proper term is a "tarmac firing."

Alternatively, it is called "getting Kiffined."

HoopDreams
and rebounding

calumnus said:

HoopDreams said:

Fox teams do a poor job of making threes and defending threes.
calumnus
sluggo said:

calumnus said:

BC Calfan said:

Newell will be a good player. Maybe not at Cal. I can't say that about any of the others.

Just saying Fox can't use lack of Newell as an excuse
Oakbear
Great half time adj
cal93
I do feel bad for Roxy and Ben. At least they are really good friends.
KoreAmBear
We have like 3-4 inches on every player and they are getting two shots almost every trip.
sluggo
calumnus said:

sluggo said:

calumnus said:

BC Calfan said:

True. I mention Newell actually having skills as a rare example of something from Fox that is not BS.
KoreAmBear
sluggo said:

calumnus said:

sluggo said:

calumnus said:

BC Calfan said:

True. I mention Newell actually having skills as a rare example of something from Fox that is not BS.
Does Fox teach how to box out?
HoopDreams
okofor tries a finess move?
sluggo
Cal finally goes small! About freaking time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.