FUCLA blew an 18 point lead vs SC…

1,109 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by calumnus
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
….and now fighting for their lives.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig
bearister said:

….and now fighting for their lives.

Is it possible for them both to lose?

polarbear
Fucla won that game as usual. But it doesn't matter how many losses they have during the regular season or how low their tournament seed is, they seem to always make it to the elite 8 or final 4.
WalterSobchak
polarbear said:

Fucla won that game as usual. But it doesn't matter how many losses they have during the regular season or how low their tournament seed is, they seem to always make it to the elite 8 or final 4.
They were a NIL-pioneering dynasty for a decade in the late '60s and early '70s, and very good under Howland for a few years, but they've made exactly 1 E8 and FF in the last 15 years, both in 2021. They've only even been to the S16 five times in that timeframe.
dimitrig
WalterSobchak said:

polarbear said:

They were a NIL-pioneering dynasty for a decade in the late '60s and early '70s, and very good under Howland for a few years, but they've made exactly 1 E8 and FF in the last 15 years, both in 2021. They've only even been to the S16 five times in that timeframe.

Must suck to go to the Sweet 16 only 5 times in 15 years.

WalterSobchak
dimitrig said:

WalterSobchak said:

polarbear said:

The comment was Ucla's E8 and FF prominence. Everything is relative. If you're a true power program then yeah I'm sure five S16s in 15 years might seem bad. I know 1 E8 and 1 FF would. In that timeframe (S16, E8, FF, Champ):

Ucla 5, 1, 1, 0
UofA 7, 3, 0, 0

Nova 5, 4, 4, 2
MSU 7, 5, 4, 0
Kansas 8, 6, 3, 1
Duke 9, 6, 3, 2
UNC 8, 6, 4, 2
UK 8, 7, 4, 1

The bottom of this list are who I think of when I think of teams that seem to always make the E8 or FF, certainly not Ucla. Even Oregon State has been to as many E8s as Ucla in this timeframe.
calumnus
dimitrig said:

WalterSobchak said:

polarbear said:

Yeah, Sweet 16 every third year would totally suck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.