Is this the breakout season for 2K?

976 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by drizzlybear
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since his freshmen season I saw flashes from Kuany and thought he had the potential to be a great player on both sides of the court. His length including wingspan, lateral quickness for a player of that size, and shooting potential was there from day 1.

And although he's emerged as a legit shot blocker earlier, he would sometimes disappear on offense, and he never developed the middle game (nor post game). He also has been getting good pull up jumpers which at his length are near impossible to block, but too often missed them. He hasn't improved much as a slasher as I expected.

But he's stepped up recently. Possibly in relation to Askew being out, and his confidence, and therefore shooting has improved, and he recently has hit some pull ups, and is a good FT shooter.

He is one of my fav players to root for because he strikes me to be a positive person and team player. Really happy it's coming together for him now, and expect big things from him the rest of the season (watch the video clip that shows his personality and how much love he gets from his teammates)

https://instagr.am/p/CnIzw0ILscq

BeachedBear
I really hope so for Cal's sake, K2's sake, the fans sake....

However, this program needs to recruit more players that breakout at the beginning of their sophomore season. Not midway through their final season.
drizzlybear
His baseline floater (including avoiding the charge) vs furd was nice to see. Would be nice if moves like that could be more frequent.
oskidunker
He is very inconsistent. Doubt it.
Go Bears!
Big C

Both Kuany and Joel Brown got off to a rather slow start and I was super-critical of the staff for their lack of player development. (Fourth season for these guy + Lars. You can use the COVID excuse for one year, then no more.) They both seem to be coming along now, though, which is great. Really, what's happened the past ten days is quite a story! Probably unrealistic to expect more than a handful of wins the rest of the way, but I just had a hard time dealing with that one-of-the-worst-teams-of-all-times narrative, especially because it rang true, at the time.
graguna
Big C said:

Both Kuany and Joel Brown got off to a rather slow start and I was super-critical of the staff for their lack of player development. (Fourth season for these guy + Lars. You can use the COVID excuse for one year, then no more.) They both seem to be coming along now, though, which is great. Really, what's happened the past ten days is quite a story! Probably unrealistic to expect more than a handful of wins the rest of the way, but I just had a hard time dealing with that one-of-the-worst-teams-of-all-times narrative, especially because it rang true, at the time.
but I just had a hard time dealing with that one-of-the-worst-teams-of-all-times narrative, especially because it rang true, at the time.

this!!!!

Huge relief. I don't understand those on this board that were hoping CAL would go Ofer. I felt so bad for the players. No one deserves that. I also dont expect more than a handful of more wins but that is far better than the first 12 games of the season
oskidunker
I saw better defense in the non conference teams then the type played by Colorado and the fraud.
Go Bears!
bearister
drizzlybear said:

His baseline floater (including avoiding the charge) vs furd was nice to see. Would be nice if moves like that could be more frequent.

I think he has turned the confidence corner. Yes, he is breaking out and will have a good season. He has athletic gifts and he is starting to understand and appreciate them. He is quick and has hops so when he makes his move the defender has to be fully invested and can't mail it in. His speed attracts fouls. BE AGGRESSIVE 2K! THERE IS NO TURNING BACK! The train is pulling out of the station and you are onboard.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
HoopDreams
he does need a tighter, lower dribble and cross over

bearister said:

drizzlybear said:

I think he has turned the confidence corner. Yes, he is breaking out and will have a good season. He has athletic gifts and he is starting to understand and appreciate them. He is quick and has hops so when he makes his move the defender has to be fully invested and can't mail it in. His speed attracts fouls. BE AGGRESSIVE 2K! THERE IS NO TURNING BACK! The train is pulling out of the station and you are onboard.
drizzlybear
HoopDreams said:

he does need a tighter, lower dribble and cross over

bearister said:

drizzlybear said:

Yeah, there's no way he has anything more than two-bounce moves in the half court. Not his game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.