Dejuan Clayton potential

726 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by KoreAmBear
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dejuan has played 3 games, all against Pac opponents

In his first game, a loss against Utah, he shot 2-10, yet I said he is a hooper.

He got to his spots so easily, was able to get space to get his shot off despite his size, and his pull ups looked balanced and in rhythm. He shot 1-3 from deep but I thought he probably isn't a good 3 point shooter per his stats and because he's undersized.

But it was HOW he was able to do get such good shots. He has the type of handle I often comment about, with hesi's, change of speed, counters, and quickness. He looks like he is playing in slow motion. Has passes are in rhytem and not mechnical showing his vision and play making skills.

One example is last game where he broke stanford's 4 star PG's ankles (to the roar of Haas)

I often talk about players like ASU/Kansas PG Remy Martin, and UCLA PG Tyger Campbell

Both players are master handlers, have great court vision (and passing) and can score on all 3 levels.

After seeing him shoot 6-8 from 3, I think Clayton can also score on all three levels.

As a 6th year player his defensive fundamentals are strong, despite being undersized.

Now that teams have film on him, I think he will be one of the 2-3 players coaches will game plan for.

KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Poor man's Brunson
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.