Bears a 7.5 Dog to Ducks

4,735 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by calbearinamaze
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
These guys advised me against taking Bears and the 8.5 so I'm good.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
HoopDreams
odowd to odowd teammates!
bearister
HoopDreams said:

odowd to odowd teammates!

As Don pointed out, when the game is over, the long ball starts dropping. I think that rule applies to both teams. Cal had a guard 20 years ago that would go 0-10 from the arc until Cal was down 25 with 3 minutes left….then he'd go 5-5 in garbage time.
bearister
calumnus
Well we will break 50 and hear Fox complain about our defense in the post game.
HoopDreams
Okofor playing well offensively

just needs more experience defensively and overall

expect good things for him next several years
calumnus
HoopDreams said:

Okofor playing well offensively

just needs more experience defensively and overall

expect good things for him next several years

Alajiki and Okafor both played well coming off the bench.

Edit: Bowser filling it up in garbage time.
HoopDreams
MSF assistant coach at oregon

i always thought he would be a good coach
calumnus
HoopDreams said:

How can he be an assistant at Oregon and NOT at Cal?
bearister
bearister
calumnus said:

HoopDreams said:

Not enough concussions during his playing days?
HoopDreams
he's a grad assistant

maybe he gets some experience and coaches at Cal in future

announcers said next season teams can have 5 asst coaches who can coach on court (can't recruit)

gotta get a recent cal player as a skill trainer … hmmm how about Randle!

calumnus said:

HoopDreams said:

calumnus
HoopDreams said:

he's a grad assistant

maybe he gets some experience and coaches at Cal in future

announcers said next season teams can have 5 asst coaches who can coach on court (can't recruit)

gotta get a recent cal player as a skill trainer … hmmm how about Randle!

calumnus said:

HoopDreams said:

Hopefully the new staff has more than one Cal guy on it.
HoopDreams
Oregon has at least two grad coaches (both with Cal connections)

both are young and former players (Dennis Gates' brother) and MSF

does Cal have any of these grad coaches with college playing backgrounds???
JimSox
calumnus said:

That is EXACTLY what happened!!
bearister

OUCH!

*This board is now a mirror image of Haas
Big C

Back from the Haas... after the first five minutes, the game sucked in every way imaginable. I can't accuse the Bears of a lack of effort on defense (those last 35 minutes), but certainly a lack of intensity and alertness. Offense was like always (save for Furd game and first 25 minutes against Colorado).

Furd's Haase must be the worst coach ever... well, almost ever.

Ready for this to be over.
stu
I fell asleep at halftime and woke up near the end. Apparently I didn't miss anything. Then I went to Bear Insider and discovered my Internet service had also fallen asleep. Must be the rain. Was it raining inside Haas?

The stats show we had only 6 assists and 23 rebounds, the latter understandable since Oregon shot 60%.

Altman is far from my favorite coach but he certainly can get his teams playing playing well by mid-season. Too bad we didn't get them in December.
calumnus
JimSox said:

calumnus said:

He is very predictable.
stu
calumnus said:

JimSox said:

calumnus said:

He is very predictable.
Well, Oregon's season scoring average is 70.5 and they scored 87 against us. But I think if they had scored 59 Fox would have said the same thing.
Big C

It's now 2023 and one of the last things I would choose to listen to is Fox talking about Cal Basketball. Also train wrecks.
KoreAmBear
Big C said:

It's now 2023 and one of the last things I would choose to listen to is Fox talking about Cal Basketball. Also train wrecks.
You listen to this or else.

He talks like he's an observer or analyst, not the coach, who actually takes ownership for why he's so disappointed with his defense. As if the players just go out there without any coaching. smh.
calumnus
stu said:

calumnus said:

JimSox said:

calumnus said:

He is very predictable.
Well, Oregon's season scoring average is 70.5 and they scored 87 against us. But I think if they had scored 59 Fox would have said the same thing.

They just scored 87 against Arizona too.
oskidunker
Big C said:

Back from the Haas... after the first five minutes, the game sucked in every way imaginable. I can't accuse the Bears of a lack of effort on defense (those last 35 minutes), but certainly a lack of intensity and alertness. Offense was like always (save for Furd game and first 25 minutes against Colorado).

Furd's Haase must be the worst coach ever... well, almost ever.

Ready for this to be over.
At least about 100 showed up in the band. After a miserable attendance this season they finally decided there was nothing else they would rather do.They played a-lot, sounded very good and were the highlight of the game . Three conductors. Never seen this before.
Go Bears!
oskidunker
HoopDreams said:

AZ is playing aggressive D

we need to play aggressive offense

force the action and hopefully get some scores or get fouled

taking contested jumpers at end of shot clock ain't working

i think Brown should shoot some of those shots when he gets inside
AZ?
Go Bears!
Big C
KoreAmBear said:

Big C said:

He talks like he's an observer or analyst, not the coach, who actually takes ownership for why he's so disappointed with his defense. As if the players just go out there without any coaching. smh.

I can't make myself listen, I just can't. I will have to accept the "or else". Likely not as bad...
bearmanpg
KoreAmBear said:

Big C said:

Your last sentence is TRUTH....
KoreAmBear
bearmanpg said:

KoreAmBear said:

Big C said:

Yes which is true so that his interviews are actually sincere. Since he doesn't provide any coaching, he should be disappointed and find fault with the players, because they were not coached at all, he did not direct them to play like this, and it's all on them. He does seem to forget that he is being paid millions to actually coach them, so if he had some integrity, he wouldn't be acting like this every presser.
BC Calfan
I refuse to watch this as well. It's utterly infuriating. For someone who preaches accountability, the idea seems lost when it applies to himself.
socaltownie
KoreAmBear said:

bearmanpg said:

KoreAmBear said:

Big C said:

Yes which is true so that his interviews are actually sincere. Since he doesn't provide any coaching, he should be disappointed and find fault with the players, because they were not coached at all, he did not direct them to play like this, and it's all on them. He does seem to forget that he is being paid millions to actually coach them, so if he had some integrity, he wouldn't be acting like this every presser.
He really seems like he is mailing it in. I guess he knows it is inevitable that he gets canned. I am pretty convinced he is going out swinging with some choice "Can't win at Cal" quotes.

JK really would be the WOST AD in america if Fox is not fired the day after the Pac12 tournament.
Take care of your Chicken
oskidunker
I wont listen anymore
Go Bears!
Big C
oskidunker said:

I wont listen anymore

Exactly. I know pretty much what he's going to say and I know it'll get me riled up, so why bother? Painful.

I really don't want to bash the man -- plenty of folks here to do that -- but we are what we are and I can't wait to move on.
sonofabear51
Agreed. Been holding my tongue with comments regarding this joker for awhile.
And then, the so-called "AD" should be shown the door also.
Start Slowly and taper off
KoreAmBear
socaltownie said:

KoreAmBear said:

bearmanpg said:

KoreAmBear said:

Big C said:

He really seems like he is mailing it in. I guess he knows it is inevitable that he gets canned. I am pretty convinced he is going out swinging with some choice "Can't win at Cal" quotes.

JK really would be the WOST AD in america if Fox is not fired the day after the Pac12 tournament.
Would be?
TheFiatLux
KoreAmBear said:

Big C said:

I cannot adequately express how deeply, like way down deep, I loathe him as our head coach.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.