A good week coming up!

5,056 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by stu
WalterSobchak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I encourage anyone who is still going to games to leave your seats early and go down to the player exit doors. Stay outside the ropes and give Fox hell while encouraging players. Show them you see Fox is the problem and not them. Maybe if you're persistent and sarcastic enough Fox will take a swing at you and you'll be a program-saving hero!
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
cal83dls79
WalterSobchak said:

I encourage anyone who is still going to games to leave your seats early and go down to the player exit doors. Stay outside the ropes and give Fox hell while encouraging players. Show them you see Fox is the problem and not them. Maybe if you're persistent and sarcastic enough Fox will take a swing at you and you'll be a program-saving hero!
agreed. Some of these posters almost bragged about schmoozing with Knowlton whilst getting our asses kicked. No accounting for ego… and to be part of the club is all important but it's actually killed the program.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
oskidunker
cal83dls79 said:

WalterSobchak said:

agreed. Some of these posters almost bragged about schmoozing with Knowlton whilst getting our asses kicked. No accounting for ego… and to be part of the club is all important but it's actually killed the program.
Tanya
Go Bears!
bluesaxe
HoopDreams said:

i am not as close to you but see the same behavior from Fox (you can also get glimpses from TV) and have commented several times

He also does a terrible post game interview which Ive also commented

His demeanor and body language are incredibly bad, but another view into his mindset is he never compliments his players, talk in a hopeful way about the teams future, etc

its always the gloomy, excuse filled narrative and even when he says anything remotely positive, it's always with an matter of fact manner with zero humor

in contrast, Monty answered with intelligent responses where you felt he was talking straight and providing real information about the game

In contrast to Coach Charmin, she usually talks realistically but optimistically about her teams future and praises the players for what they did right balanced with areas that the players need to improve

two different approaches and both vastly better than Fox

so much of the game is about confidence. so much of the game is emotional. i can't imagine Fox's approach is motivating and effective, especially with these players in the current college sports environment
He's flat out a terrible coach. He does nothing well. Not one thing. He's negative, takes no responsibility, is the opposite of creative, can't recruit for ****, and does nothing to make students or other fans want to come out and support the team. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room when he's probably the dumbest. Why he wasn't fired after last season is just a mystery to me.
calumnus
bluesaxe said:

HoopDreams said:

i am not as close to you but see the same behavior from Fox (you can also get glimpses from TV) and have commented several times

His demeanor and body language are incredibly bad, but another view into his mindset is he never compliments his players, talk in a hopeful way about the teams future, etc

its always the gloomy, excuse filled narrative and even when he says anything remotely positive, it's always with an matter of fact manner with zero humor

in contrast, Monty answered with intelligent responses where you felt he was talking straight and providing real information about the game

In contrast to Coach Charmin, she usually talks realistically but optimistically about her teams future and praises the players for what they did right balanced with areas that the players need to improve

so much of the game is about confidence. so much of the game is emotional. i can't imagine Fox's approach is motivating and effective, especially with these players in the current college sports environment
He's flat out a terrible coach. He does nothing well. Not one thing. He's negative, takes no responsibility, is the opposite of creative, can't recruit for ****, and does nothing to make students or other fans want to come out and support the team. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room when he's probably the dumbest. Why he wasn't fired after last season is just a mystery to me.

Bingo
cal83dls79
oskidunker said:

cal83dls79 said:

WalterSobchak said:

Tanya
I feel for you. Commuting from Daly City or Colma to see us get our asses kicked. Props for the Tanya reference, but we paid more homage to Steven Weed and Cinq.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
oskidunker
WalterSobchak said:

Throw pennies.
Go Bears!
PtownBear1
bluesaxe said:

HoopDreams said:

Agree with everything except it's not a mystery why he wasn't fired last year. His buddy/boss who is equally awful at his job decided to give him an extension rather than firing him.
calumnus
PtownBear1 said:

bluesaxe said:

HoopDreams said:

Agree with everything except it's not a mystery why he wasn't fired last year. His buddy/boss who is equally awful at his job decided to give him an extension rather than firing him.

Knowlton is the anti-AD, he not only fails to do what a smart AD would do, he does the opposite!
Ursine
Alkiadt said:

Nothing will happen without donors buying out Fox. Knowlton does not have the funds to do it. And he won't get it from the chancellor. Not a knock on her, but it's the economics that count.
What he said.
Ursine
calumnus said:

PtownBear1 said:

bluesaxe said:

HoopDreams said:

Knowlton is the anti-AD, he not only fails to do what a smart AD would do, he does the opposite!
calumnus
Ursine said:

calumnus said:

PtownBear1 said:

bluesaxe said:

HoopDreams said:

Exactly. Whatever he thinks he should do, he should do the opposite.
bearister
Kendall Baker on Twitter: "Wait, what? A 22-year-old assistant coach for the JV girls basketball team at Churchland High School in Virginia pretended to be a 13-year-old and played in a game. She's been fired and the team has decided to end its season.

*J. Kidd is lacing them up for the Bears this week.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
stu
bearister said:

Kendall Baker on Twitter: "Wait, what? A 22-year-old assistant coach for the JV girls basketball team at Churchland High School in Virginia pretended to be a 13-year-old and played in a game. She's been fired and the team has decided to end its season.
Don't let Knowlton see this. He might hire her as MBB HC to address complaints about Fox not being able to relate to players.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.