Madsen and his Laker connections fantasy.

1,802 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Ccajon2
Ccajon2
How long do you want to ignore this user?

If MM becomes the coach, he reaches out to Shaq and his other Laker friends. The reach Deep into their wallets and Stock the Cal MBB NIL fund, or whatever it is Called with as much $ as Duke and Kentucky have. Even Jack Nicholson donated a couple mil. Recruits are enamored by his NBA stories. The Cal roster gains 9 transfers: two 5 stars, 4 four stars, the seven footer from UVU. And a 25 year old Mormon 3 star PG coming back from his mission in France. Monty's at many of the practices.

Fast forward to March, 2024. Cal MBB wins 23 games, for the greatest turn around in NCAA history.

edwinbear
Gimme some odds,...I'll bet on anything.
mbBear
Ccajon2 said:

If MM becomes the coach, he reaches out to Shaq and his other Laker friends. The reach Deep into their wallets and Stock the Cal MBB NIL fund, or whatever it is Called with as much $ as Duke and Kentucky have. Even Jack Nicholson donated a couple mil. Recruits are enamored by his NBA stories. The Cal roster gains 9 transfers: two 5 stars, 4 four stars, the seven footer from UVU. And a 25 year old Mormon 3 star PG coming back from his mission in France. Monty's at many of the practices.

Fast forward to March, 2024. Cal MBB wins 23 games, for the greatest turn around in NCAA history.

I'm fine with former NBA players just being supportive verbally, and creating a buzz within the basketball community. He has knowledge of the NBA-let recruits and HS coaches start buying into that as a reason to come play for him...
I'm not saying NIL isn't important....but let's take this one step at a time...
Econ141
mbBear said:

Ccajon2 said:

I'm fine with former NBA players just being supportive verbally, and creating a buzz within the basketball community. He has knowledge of the NBA-let recruits and HS coaches start buying into that as a reason to come play for him...

Normally I'd agree but these are dire times .... I don't think we have the luxury of taking things step by step. We need to be jumping stairs quickly before we become completely irrelevant (might have already happened sadly) to realignment discussions and lose all voice in that process.
dimitrig
Ccajon2 said:

I'll have some of whatever it is you're smoking.

mbBear
Econ141 said:

mbBear said:

Ccajon2 said:

Normally I'd agree but these are dire times .... I don't think we have the luxury of taking things step by step. We need to be jumping stairs quickly before we become completely irrelevant (might have already happened sadly) to realignment discussions and lose all voice in that process.
Coming off the worst season ever, and certainly the worst run over an extended period. I don't think Coach K out of retirement would be able to "skip stairs," but, I'm all in for miracles.
I think realignment discussions have very little to do with season to season results vs. potential; Cal has shown what winning basketball looks like.
But even that said, basketball is a distant 2nd to football in terms of a conference making an offer to Cal to come aboard.
bearister

I bet Mark treasures that photo.

"The ball when it bounces, the sound that it makes, the smell of the basketball -- not one that's completely brand new or one that's too old. But one that's right in the middle. It's kind of worn down a little bit. It just smells -- it smells like NBA," he said. And that's not all. "The nets -- when you shoot the ball and it goes right through the net. That noise that it makes when it pops the net up -- the sneakers as they squeak on the wood. The strategies -- the competition, the camaraderie, the fans - and you can just go on and on and on." Kobe Bryant, 60 Minutes, 2016.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Ccajon2
Ccajon2 said:

Boy, for a fantasy prediction, did I not come pretty close to a blue and gold cigar. I'm only talking about the personal we gained. Amazing. I'll add more later when VC comes up. It's been down, or my browser don't like it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.