So which assistant(s) join Madsen?

3,375 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by calfanz
OneTopOneChickenApple
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://gouvu.com/sports/mens-basketball/coaches

The new coach usually has at least one assistant that follows him. I really hope MM taps into the Cal BB pipeline. Randle, Theo, Midgely, Powe. X's and O's are fine, but I'd like a motivator on the staff.
oskidunker
Any holder overs from The Fox regime ?

Also I wonder if any of the dearly departed will return?
Go Bears!
calumnus
oskidunker said:

I think Andrew Francis is good and it would have been nice if Fox let him talk with the press.
Richard_Lee
oskidunker said:

I hope no assistant is retained, and I hope no one returns.

3-29 is a dumpster fire on an abandoned, condemned property.
OneTopOneChickenApple
Richard_Lee said:

oskidunker said:

I hope no assistant is retained, and I hope no one returns.

3-29 is a dumpster fire on an abandoned, condemned property.

I meant any of Madsen's assistants from Utah.
joe amos yaks
calumnus said:

oskidunker said:

I think Andrew Francis is good and it would have been nice if Fox let him talk with the press.

Coach Fox doesn't talk to anybody . . . and his staffs are "gagged". Anyone who talks has to run laps. Fox doesn't communicate. His lips are sealed . . . nada! He's racing to retirement so he retreat to a quiet place where people don't talk. They just sit in a chair and quietly pet their dog and read about plants.
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
bearister
joe amos yaks said:

calumnus said:

oskidunker said:

Coach Fox doesn't talk to anybody . . . and his staffs are "gagged". Anyone who talks has to run laps. Fox doesn't communicate. His lips are sealed . . . nada! He's racing to retirement so he retreat to a quiet place where people don't talk. They just sit in a chair and quietly pet their dog and read about plants.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calumnus
joe amos yaks said:

calumnus said:

oskidunker said:

I will be interested to hear what Francis says when he next resurfaces, why he stuck around. My guess is he stayed because he liked the area and thought we would need an interim coach soon if we had a competent AD, but since he was not allowed to talk with the AD never found out that was a faulty assumption.
GoldenBasketBear
I would assume he brings 1-2 of his assistants to continue in their role and then 2-3 support staff guys. Looking at their staff, only 2 assistants have been with him since he got to UVU. Looks like associate coach, Todd Phillips is up for the head job at UVU so I'd count him out. Which leaves you with former Nevada great (I remember that historic run sweet 16 run), assistant coach, Todd Okeson. Not often does a head coach take another job without taking any of his staff, especially after recent success.
calumnus
GoldenBasketBear said:

I would assume he brings 1-2 of his assistants to continue in their role and then 2-3 support staff guys. Looking at their staff, only 2 assistants have been with him since he got to UVU. Looks like associate coach, Todd Phillips is up for the head job at UVU so I'd count him out. Which leaves you with former Nevada great (I remember that historic run sweet 16 run), assistant coach, Todd Okeson. Not often does a head coach take another job without taking any of his staff, especially after recent success.

Though that success is a Utah Valley with a run in the NIT. He will need guys who can recruit at a P5 level. Someone with AAU connects. Plus someone with Cal cred would help connect with the big donors.
calfanz
I"m thinking Josh Pastner.
Richard_Lee
calfanz said:

I"m thinking Josh Pastner.

Partner has been a head coach at premier college basketball programs for like 15 years.

I don't think he would take a step down to be an assistant coach for a 3-29 team.
calfanz
Why not?

Nothing to lose situation. He has great recruiting contacts in California
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.