2023 Portal Thread

4,162 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Civil Bear
eastcoastcal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thought it might be good to have a dedicated thread for potential targets and portal news.
eastcoastcal
Carey Booth- he took 2 official visits, one of which was to us. Class of 2023. 73rd ranked kid in his class. He decomitted from Penn St. Maybe we could go after him?

https://247sports.com/Article/College-basketball-recruiting-four-star-power-forward-Carey-Booth-has-requested-his-release-from-Penn-State-207210823/

https://247sports.com/player/carey-booth-46117603/
eastcoastcal
Darius Carr- 107th ranked kid, decomitted from New Mex St given the scandals there around hazing. We also offered him originally

https://247sports.com/player/darius-carr-46097731/

eastcoastcal
Jazz Gardner- we didn't offer him under Fox but from California, 119th ranked kid in c/o 2023

https://247sports.com/Player/Jazz-Gardner-46114377/

IDK if he academically qualifies
bearister
eastcoastcal said:

Thought it might be good to have a dedicated thread for potential targets and portal news.

This player that entered the portal tore an ACL after a rough portal landing in a locker room on the other end and will miss next season.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
eastcoastcal
bearister said:

eastcoastcal said:

This player that entered the portal tore an ACL after a rough portal landing in a locker room on the other end and will miss next season.
will the games they miss to injury be added to the Haas scoreboard graphic?
EdfromCal
Isn't he Jalani's son?
eastcoastcal
I didn't even realize. yes lol
bearister
eastcoastcal said:

bearister said:

eastcoastcal said:

The least used scoreboard graphic at Haas during the last 6 years:

*Big C All Rights Reserved
Shocky1
the monster got the top 3 targets
TummyoftheGB
It's pre ordained that the son of Calvin Booth becomes a Golden Bear. The tattoo was the sign...
Econ141
bearister said:

eastcoastcal said:

bearister said:

eastcoastcal said:

The least used scoreboard graphic at Haas during the last 6 years:

*Big C All Rights Reserved

If you combine the pac-12 football standings with basketball, our men's program would be right above the 1 win Colorado football team and below the cal football team.
Richard_Lee
EdfromCal said:

Isn't he Jalani's son?

Yes.

And there is still no forgiveness for Jelani Gardner. Ratted us out to the NCAA and put us on probation with an NCAA Tournament ban, just so Jelani could become immediately eligible at Pepperdine as a transfer. What a selfish, self-centered, self-aggrandizing jerk.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/story/2021-06-14/jazz-gardner-los-altos-basketball
oskidunker
Not going to happen
Go Bears!
GoldenBasketBear
We need to go after Fardaws Aimaq, who previously played for Madsen. He may be the centerpiece to build around since he has many teammates from Texas Tech that will be transferring, and also his UVU teammates which are predicted too as well. The main guy to look for on that UVU roster is Aziz Bandaogo and Trey Woodbury, who just filed a waiver to receive an extra year. Trey & Fardaws are said to have been roommates / great friends. If we can get two of those three in a package, that would be an immense start to this off-season.

The big question mark will be if Madsen presents this to the NIL people to fundraise for what this may cost. I would assume if the logistics line up, he can influence them to join him at Cal. They all seem to talk highly of him!
bearister
Richard_Lee said:

EdfromCal said:

Isn't he Jalani's son?

Yes.

And there is still no forgiveness for Jelani Gardner. Ratted us out to the NCAA and put us on probation with an NCAA Tournament ban, just so Jelani could become immediately eligible at Pepperdine as a transfer. What a selfish, self-centered, self-aggrandizing jerk.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/story/2021-06-14/jazz-gardner-los-altos-basketball

Did this hire bring you out of 10 years of hiding? You are a BI icon.
sandiegobears
Kerr Kriisa. Get it done Madsen. Have Steve Kerr give him a call, they are "related."
BerkeleyBAT
This has me dreaming!

Shocky1
sandiegobears said:

Kerr Kriisa. Get it done Madsen. Have Steve Kerr give him a call, they are "related."
kriisa had a drinking problem in tuscon, he's been pushed aside
Chunger89
how about Dominick Harris, the SG from Gonzaga who's from California?
barsad
What Utah Valley players will follow Madsen? Please say Bandaogo.
bearister
Shocky1 said:

sandiegobears said:

kriisa had a drinking problem in tuscon, he's been pushed aside

Doesn't that depend on what kind?

HoopDreams

smokeyrover
GoldenBasketBear said:

We need to go after Fardaws Aimaq, who previously played for Madsen. He may be the centerpiece to build around since he has many teammates from Texas Tech that will be transferring, and also his UVU teammates which are predicted too as well. The main guy to look for on that UVU roster is Aziz Bandaogo and Trey Woodbury, who just filed a waiver to receive an extra year. Trey & Fardaws are said to have been roommates / great friends. If we can get two of those three in a package, that would be an immense start to this off-season.

The big question mark will be if Madsen presents this to the NIL people to fundraise for what this may cost. I would assume if the logistics line up, he can influence them to join him at Cal. They all seem to talk highly of him!
Interesting as one of the Texas Tech assistants, Matt Scherbenske, was a grad assistant under Monty at Cal.

https://texastech.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/coaches/matt-scherbenske/3809
SBGold
BerkeleyBAT said:

This has me dreaming!

Oh yes, this is the one
bluesaxe
SBGold said:

BerkeleyBAT said:

This has me dreaming!

Oh yes, this is the one
Grad transfer with two years of eligibility according to the Athletic. Can we get him admitted? I mean, assuming we could conceivably get on his radar.
annarborbear
bluesaxe said:

SBGold said:

BerkeleyBAT said:

This has me dreaming!

Oh yes, this is the one
Grad transfer with two years of eligibility according to the Athletic. Can we get him admitted? I mean, assuming we could conceivably get on his radar.
He is close to NBA-ready, so would probably only stay for a year. But he might definitely be attracted to Madsen's NBA knowledge and Cal's academics. However, he might also want to go some place that is ready to compete for a championship. Have to see about his priorities.
oski003
annarborbear said:

bluesaxe said:

SBGold said:

BerkeleyBAT said:

This has me dreaming!

Oh yes, this is the one
He is close to NBA-ready, so would probably only stay for a year. But he might definitely be attracted to Madsen's NBA knowledge and Cal's academics. However, he might also want to go some place that is ready to compete for a championship. Have to see about his priorities.

With the right NIL and coach in place, we may be ready to compete. Cal will have the new Fab Five.
Shocky1
GoldenBasketBear said:

fardaws aimaq is a very good college basketball player, aziz bandaogo is an elite program changing +1 athletic talent that will require major nil dollars

there is zero chance that michigan's hunter dickinson is gonna end up in berkeley
annarborbear
Shocky1 said:

There is zero chance that michigan's hunter dickinson is gonna end up in berkeley
Don't rule it out completely. He graduated in three years, has been a two-time Big Ten All-Academic Team honoree, and my friends in Ann Arbor say that he marches to a different drummer.
GoldenBasketBear
I hope Madsen has been on the phone with him already
Civil Bear
GoldenBasketBear said:

I hope Madsen has been on the phone with him already
...and Jalen Brown
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.