Story Poster
Cal Basketball Recruiting

Texas Tech 6'11 Center Portal transfer Aimaq Commits to Cal

April 7, 2023

The Bears picked up their first portal transfer commitment of the Mark Madsen era in 7' Texas Tech center Fardaws Aimaq today.

"Honestly, plain and simple, we’re building a final 4 roster right now. Madsen is one of the best humans I’ve ever met not including the great coach he is. "

Beyond getting in on a chance to build the program from the ground floor, Aimaq saw the opportunity to enrich his academic profile at Cal, as well.

"I'm also excited to get my masters from Cal as well before going pro," noted the transfer center.

Through three seasons and 83 games played heading into the season, Aimaq added 1,056 points (12.7 per game), 918 rebounds (11.1 per game) and 99 blocks (1.2) in his career. He returned from a foot injury in January this season 

?t=tD8IvIGb62X3PClwfTNzqw&s=19

Discussion from...

Texas Tech 6'11 Center Portal transfer Aimaq Commits to Cal

23,344 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by calumnus
LOUMFSG2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4thGenCal said:

...Soon more good news to be announced.
I am intrigued too. I just saw this tweet from Fardaws, are we going after another Canadian player?

hbear777
Not to put too much on Fardaws, but the highlights skill set is Dirk/ Hakeem likeness? Seriously, turnaround 17 ft bankshot( comp is non factor, that is unreal confidence and square up- Madson maybe training/selfwork), threes with intention from NBA range, + quick ups, speed, court savvy....oh and lead the US in Reb.

"I can't believe what I just saw"
Intuit
Creighton's Ryan Nembhard plans to transfer, sources say (espn.com)

Looking for a Canadian in the portal and a point guard?
bluesaxe
LOUMFSG2 said:

4thGenCal said:

I am intrigued too. I just saw this tweet from Fardaws, are we going after another Canadian player?

Why do people think he's talking about another Canadian?
LOUMFSG2
The Maple Leaf in the tweet
Gkhoury2325
bluesaxe said:

LOUMFSG2 said:

4thGenCal said:

Why do people think he's talking about another Canadian?

I believe the big man is from Canada and referenced himself as the big Canadian and looking. I don't think he is saying the next recruit is from Canada.
stu
Sorry for repeating since I said this somewhere else: his nickname is Big Maple.
https://theprovince.com/sports/basketball/utah-valley-makes-sweet-pitch-for-fardaws-aimaq
upsetof86
Last time we had a double double in the pivot? I like
LOUMFSG2
Yes, I realized he is from Canada, I was thinking maybe this meant he would be teaming up with a fellow Canadian, but now that I re-read it, he could just be referring to himself.
oskidunker
LOUMFSG2 said:

Yes, I realized he is from Canada, I was thinking maybe this meant he would be teaming up with a fellow Canadian, but now that I re-read it, he could just be referring to himself.
MaybeJoel Brown,
Go Bears!
calumnus
upsetof86 said:

Last time we had a double double in the pivot? I like

Last to average a double-double on the season is Rabb, before that Solomon.
KoreAmBear
stu said:

orry for repeating since I said this somewhere else: his nickname is Big Maple.
https://theprovince.com/sports/basketball/utah-valley-makes-sweet-pitch-for-fardaws-aimaq

calumnus
And Cal jumps out to #7 Nationally in the 247 2023 Transfer Class rankings!
Pittstop
Based on more than just Fardaws? Or just him?
calumnus
Pittstop said:

Just him, a 4 star. It is early but we will be bringing in a lot of players too.
Eastern Oregon Bear
stu said:

Sorry for repeating since I said this somewhere else: his nickname is Big Maple.
Looking forward to watching him play at Haas and also at Big Maple's Pavilion.
Californium
BeachedBear said:

stu said:

Players grow an inch or two as soon as they sign with Cal. Maybe pride makes them stand taller.
Its a combination of the Calfornium and Berkeleyium, with a touch of Seaborgium, Iron, Potassium and Manganese.
Nah, I got nothing to do with it. I'm short.
Big C
calumnus said:

Pittstop said:

Just him, a 4 star. It is early but we will be bringing in a lot of players too.

the NIL is limited, is it not?
calumnus
Big C said:

calumnus said:

Pittstop said:

the NIL is limited, is it not?

I wouldn't know. It don't think the Cal Legends is giving out a lot. I'm just saying we have a lot of roster spots to fill.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.