Basketball Breaking News General Hoop Repository

7,175 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by bearister
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Late/Early April Fools

"While Doris Burke has accomplished a great deal in her professional life, it is not accurate to that she has taken on the role of the Lakers' new assistant coach. This unfounded speculation originated from an account known for circulating false information, mostly in the form of parodies or trolls."13 hours ago

In other news…

A closer look at Michael Jordan's 1988 DPOY award raises questions about its validity. Has LeBron James been chasing a ghost? - Yahoo Sports

https://sports.yahoo.com/a-closer-look-at-michael-jordans-1988-dpoy-award-raises-questions-about-its-validity-has-lebron-james-been-chasing-a-ghost-140452567.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearsandgiants
If Madsen can figure out the Xs and Os and get this talented team to the tourney this year, there's a windfall in the waiting with multiple top-50 recruits. Were on the cusp of a dream team like rabb/brown/swanigan, except this time, we could get all 3.
bearister
"Hurley extension: Dan Hurley is signing a six-year, $50 million extension with UConn, which is $20 million less than the six-year, $70 million offer he turned down from the Lakers."

In other news:

Cooper Flagg, an incoming freshman at Duke and the projected No. 1 pick in next year's NBA Draft, had Team USA camp buzzing during Monday's scrimmage.

From Yahoo Sports' Vincent Goodwill:

"All Cooper Flagg had to do was show he belonged on the floor with the NBA's best. He accomplished that feat in Day 1 of the scrimmages between the U.S. Men's Olympic team and the Select Team.

But in Day 2, Flagg was making an impact during scrimmages and showing why next season could be a tankathon among the league's bottom-feeding franchises in the race to position themselves for the No. 1 pick in the 2025 NBA Draft.

Flagg won't turn 18 until late December, so he wasn't expected to dominate the day, and no one would say he was the best player on the floor after all, it's not a stretch to say all 12 members of the Olympic team will make the Hall of Fame.

But there is some hope attached to him, and he probably knows it. Going into the year with the Duke pedigree will be one thing, but along with that will be the belief he could be the next American-born star to come down a pipeline that's increasingly filled by foreign players.

Worth noting: Flagg, a 6-foot-9 forward from Newport, Maine, is the first college player to participate in a Team USA training camp since Marcus Smart and Doug McDermott in 2013."

calumnus
bearister said:

"Hurley extension: Dan Hurley is signing a six-year, $50 million extension with UConn, which is $20 million less than the six-year, $70 million offer he turned down from the Lakers."

In other news:

Cooper Flagg, an incoming freshman at Duke and the projected No. 1 pick in next year's NBA Draft, had Team USA camp buzzing during Monday's scrimmage.

"All Cooper Flagg had to do was show he belonged on the floor with the NBA's best. He accomplished that feat in Day 1 of the scrimmages between the U.S. Men's Olympic team and the Select Team.

But in Day 2, Flagg was making an impact during scrimmages and showing why next season could be a tankathon among the league's bottom-feeding franchises in the race to position themselves for the No. 1 pick in the 2025 NBA Draft.

Flagg won't turn 18 until late December, so he wasn't expected to dominate the day, and no one would say he was the best player on the floor after all, it's not a stretch to say all 12 members of the Olympic team will make the Hall of Fame.

But there is some hope attached to him, and he probably knows it. Going into the year with the Duke pedigree will be one thing, but along with that will be the belief he could be the next American-born star to come down a pipeline that's increasingly filled by foreign players.

Worth noting: Flagg, a 6-foot-9 forward from Newport, Maine, is the first college player to participate in a Team USA training camp since Marcus Smart and Doug McDermott in 2013."

3 of the 10 are ACC players. Cal marketing better advertise the sh*t out of basketball this year because with a rising team in its first year in a storied basketball conference, with a charismatic coach, easy BART and public parking access, downtown dining options, Haas should be PACKED.
01Bear
calumnus said:

bearister said:

In other news:

3 of the 10 are ACC players. Cal marketing better advertise the sh*t out of basketball this year because with a rising team in its first year in a storied basketball conference, with a charismatic coach, easy BART and public parking access, downtown dining options, Haas should be PACKED.

I see Cooper Flagg and Ian Jackson; who's the third?
calumnus
01Bear said:

calumnus said:

bearister said:

In other news:

My bad, I must have misread one of the school symbols. I blame tiny fonts on my phone and the fact I gave up coffee a few months ago.

I still think the ACC is a great selling point.
sonofabear51
Totally agree with that!

GO BEARS!!
Start Slowly and taper off
01Bear
calumnus said:

01Bear said:

calumnus said:

bearister said:

In other news:

My bad, I must have misread one of the school symbols. I blame tiny fonts on my phone and the fact I gave up coffee a few months ago.

I still think the ACC is a great selling point.

No worries. TBH, sometimes I think my eyes aren't quite as sharp as they used to be either. I thought I was missing something as a result.
BearSD
bearister said:

Look more closely at the Xitter account you quoted. It is a parody.

Quote:

NBACentel

@TheNBACentel

Featured on @FOXSports, @BarstoolSports, @SINoW, @DailyMailUK, @ComplexSports | PARODY Account.

bearister
You didn't see my 6/21 correction post:

https://bearinsider.com/forums/3/topics/119600/replies/2344674
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.