NBA MOCK DRAFT AND TYSON

1,466 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by concordtom
3Cats4CAL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bleacher Report now has 2024 mock draft with Tyson going at 28 to Utah
bearchamp
I would bet against that.
6956bear
bearchamp said:

I would bet against that.
Where he gets drafted will likely depend on how he does in pre draft camps and indvidual workouts. He has tools so he will generate interest. It just takes one team to like him enough to land in the first round.
barsad
Jaylon we hardly knew ye. He'd be crazy to take a chance at getting hurt next year and missing out on the $$, he's gone.
parentswerebears
I have to agree. He's gone. He should not take another year. Look what an extra year did for Rabb. Nothing good.
bearchamp
The issue is not whether Tyson is drafted, but whether he can stick. The G league is paying 40,000. Thus, if Tyson doesn't stick, he takes a pay cut of several hundred thousand dollars. I think he stays.
4thGenCal
bearchamp said:

The issue is not whether Tyson is drafted, but whether he can stick. The G league is paying 40,000. Thus, if Tyson doesn't stick, he takes a pay cut of several hundred thousand dollars. I think he stays.
Sure hope so, and if he goes and gets drafted in the second round, his potential NIL deal would pay him more. But yes if a first round draft slot is assured, he will leave. Talking to different scouts/agents its 50/50 with them - talented for sure but inconsistent. There are examples of staying an extra year, either improved one's draft position, or developed/improved leadership/maturity traits.
barsad
40K, wow, almost criminal… but you're right, good for college ball. How much did you say Jaylon's NIL deal is? I feel like he should stick on a roster as a backup guard, but it's all talk until you prove it in front of the scouts.
Shocky1
4thGenCal said:

bearchamp said:

Sure hope so, and if he goes and gets drafted in the second round, his potential NIL deal would pay him more. But yes if a first round draft slot is assured, he will leave. Talking to different scouts/agents its 50/50 with them - talented for sure but inconsistent. There are examples of staying an extra year, either improved one's draft position, or developed/improved leadership/maturity traits.
academic ambition (interest in earning a berkeley degree vs starting a life with his texas tech cheerleading gf) or lack thereof is gonna drive this probable decision for the nba

has tyson ever publicly or privately mentioned an interest in his classes or the value of a degree from the #1 ranked public university in the world?

reality is that cone, aimaq & celestine all did the relatively non time consuming (compared to berkeley studies) grad cert programs during their 9 months in town & now they're gone

madsen can recruit favorably with any coach in the acc & matt scherbenske is an elite recruiter too (worked with monty back in the day) that facilitated tyson, daws, etc. but the rest of the assistant coaches have not proven they can recruit high gpa prospects to cal...mark should've hired a couple of former golden bears to his staff & tried with jerome randle but baby mama issues killed that deal

gpas & academic ambition matter (in berkeley)#
concordtom
4thGenCal said:

bearchamp said:

Where's this NIL money come from?
People here ponying up for the team? Is that the whole of it? Where else?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.