Kanaan Carlyle of Stanford

1,599 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by OdontoBear66
bipolarbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has entered the portal.
3Cats4CAL
Do you think it is because he was recruited by and liked Haase or because he wasn't happy with everything else?
oskidunker
3Cats4CAL said:

Do you think it is because he was recruited by and liked Haase or because he wasn't happy with everything else?

Maybe he is tired of losing and not getting paid enough.
Go Bears!
Civil Bear
3Cats4CAL said:

I doubt it seeing as he essentially got benched for a walk-on during the Cal game.
Alkiadt
oskidunker said:

3Cats4CAL said:

Maybe he is tired of losing and not getting paid enough.

IIRC he missed some games early mid season. Not 100% certain but I was lead to believe he had some academic issues.
HoopDreams
top 100 player, and was a huge upgrade from stanford's PG last year, but he might have been passed up by the french guard, so he's moving on looking to get a NIL bag (which he will certainly get)

I think they have only one starter who has run out of eligiblity, but wouldn't be surprised if at least one other start jumps in the portal
Alkiadt
HoopDreams said:

top 100 player, and was a huge upgrade from stanford's PG last year, but he might have been passed up by the french guard, so he's moving on looking to get a NIL bag (which he will certainly get)

I think they have only one starter who has run out of eligiblity, but wouldn't be surprised if at least one other start jumps in the portal

As far as Freshmen/Sophomore PG's performed in the Pac-12 this year, he was nowhere near as good as Collier, Shelstad, Rice and Pope. Maybe under a different coach but I don't think he's that good of a decision maker.
HoopDreams
Alkiadt said:

HoopDreams said:

As far as Freshmen/Sophomore PG's performed in the Pac-12 this year, he was nowhere near as good as Collier, Shelstad, Rice and Pope. Maybe under a different coach but I don't think he's that good of a decision maker.
you maybe right, but as a freshmen who can score playing in the toughest position I'd say he showed a ton of potential ... great handle, can create his own shots, and can score

not sure about decision making as you say nor defense

Big C

I don't know if he even might be interested in Cal, but if I were Madsen, I'd really do my homework on him before I brought him on. We need to have a full roster of guys all pulling in the same direction. Not to say that's not him, I have no idea, but just being a guy who was highly rated as a prep and now wants to leave Furd... that might not be enough.
KoreAmBear
bipolarbear said:

Has entered the portal.
Dude can shoot and has a great mid-range game. Let's get him and Reynaud.
6956bear
KoreAmBear said:

bipolarbear said:

Has entered the portal.
Portal is opening today. There will be a lot of good players in it before all is said and done. Yes on Reynaud but no on Carlyle.
OdontoBear66
6956bear said:

KoreAmBear said:

bipolarbear said:

Has entered the portal.
Portal is opening today. There will be a lot of good players in it before all is said and done. Yes on Reynaud but no on Carlyle.
Why not work Pope hard??? OSU is losing league status...Should be a lot of departures like with their football team.
philbert
another Furdie

6956bear
OdontoBear66 said:

6956bear said:

KoreAmBear said:

bipolarbear said:

Has entered the portal.
Why not work Pope hard??? OSU is losing league status...Should be a lot of departures like with their football team.
If Pope enters as expected I do think Cal will go hard after him. He is a good player and will have options. Many assume that because he is local he would favor Cal. He might. Needs to enter, though I think the staff likely knows his intentions.

Another PG that Cal is familiar with is Koren Johnson from UW. Was P12 6th man of the year. Good player.
OdontoBear66
6956bear said:

OdontoBear66 said:

6956bear said:

KoreAmBear said:

bipolarbear said:

Has entered the portal.
If Pope enters as expected I do think Cal will go hard after him. He is a good player and will have options. Many assume that because he is local he would favor Cal. He might. Needs to enter, though I think the staff likely knows his intentions.

Another PG that Cal is familiar with is Koren Johnson from UW. Was P12 6th man of the year. Good player.
Thanks 6956....Be nice if someone started a "Portal Activity" thread as it relates to us.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.