Why is the pre season coming out piece meal?

957 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by AunBear89
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It would be nice to get more information. Last year we had all the dates and times by now. Just add Presbyterian and be done with it. I would like t see USF or some local team.
Go Bears!
RedlessWardrobe
I guess the simple reason is that this season it's taking longer to finalize the schedule.
Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out the details of the season ticket plans. There is literally no description on the Cal website on how the pricing/seat selection works. Only an invitation for anyone to blindly spend their money. My bet is that when they rolled out this "promotion" not one single consumer spent a dime on new tickets. Complete incompetency.
calumnus
RedlessWardrobe said:

I guess the simple reason is that this season it's taking longer to finalize the schedule.
Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out the details of the season ticket plans. There is literally no description on the Cal website on how the pricing/seat selection works. Only an invitation for anyone to blindly spend their money. My bet is that when they rolled out this "promotion" not one single consumer spent a dime on new tickets. Complete incompetency.

They are clearly still trying to figure out the logistics of playing basketball in the ACC with travel to the East Coast and midweek games while minimizing academic impact and maximizing media revenue. It is not an easy problem to solve. Without knowing the conference schedule, it is tough to schedule non conference opponents.
AunBear89
calumnus said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

They are clearly still trying to figure out the logistics of playing basketball in the ACC with travel to the East Coast and midweek games while minimizing academic impact and maximizing media revenue. It is not an easy problem to solve. Without knowing the conference schedule, it is tough to schedule non conference opponents.

Add that all the other major conferences are dealing with similar expansion related issues. And smaller conference teams are likely experiencing a ripple effect. I haven't bothered to see how many other OOC schedules are out. Don't know if I care.

Just spit balling.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.